OT: 2024 NFL/NCAA/HS Football Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I’m with you. I almost lost my shit when Saleh burned those two timeouts to avoid delay of games. The second one was on first down and in the red zone, like why burn that TO in the first five minutes of the second half? Fully expected the game to get close and bite us in the ass. Saleh still sucks by the way, and when the games start to matter that stuff is going to matter.

They’re going to have to bring pressure the rest of the year. That rush four and bring pressure game from last year just isn’t going to work without JJ and Reddick.

Of note, I listened to Saleh's presser this morning and he was asked about it. His response was that it will be something that will be ongoing all season as a result of Rodgers being steadfast about analyzing the defense and bringing the play clock all the way down. He obviously indicated that there will be times where they can't take the timeout and will have to take the penalty of course, but it was interesting to hear that.

It's just an incredible difference to see him act as the player/coach out on the field compared to watching Zach have to trust in whatever Hackett is calling because of his inexperience in reading what the defense is giving him. We're just not used to this level of intelligence at the QB position :laugh: not since Pennington at least.

Reactions: My3Sons

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I’m with you. I almost lost my shit when Saleh burned those two timeouts to avoid delay of games. The second one was on first down and in the red zone, like why burn that TO in the first five minutes of the second half? Fully expected the game to get close and bite us in the ass. Saleh still sucks by the way, and when the games start to matter that stuff is going to matter.

They’re going to have to bring pressure the rest of the year. That rush four and bring pressure game from last year just isn’t going to work without JJ and Reddick.

Honestly, I rather him use those than just keeping them for nothing. They were in control of that game and with the way ARod was playing I rather not move 5 yards back. The penalties and disorganized offense at some points last night need to be fixed but I'm as giddy as can be. We got shitcanned by that franchise for 20+ years and most of us lived through some of the worst losses to them imaginable so I'm gonna bask in this for a couple of days. :laugh:

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Miami is probably cooked without Tua, so if you guys win the games you're supposed to win there's no reason the Jets can't grab a wildcard spot.

I still have major concerns over the durability of that offensive line and Rodger's immobility, I think against a quality pass rush that offense will get eaten alive. But we'll see.

There's a four game there's a 4 game stretch coming up where the Jets have to play BUF, PIT, and HOU. There's also the Vikings game, which is is being played in the UK so something weird will definitely happen (also Sam Darnold Revenge Game!). I think if they go into their BYE at 6-5 or better they'll be in decent shape.

The issue is that has plagued them throughout their history is they do the exact opposite, they win games they aren't supposed to and lose games they should. They would've made the playoffs last year I'm pretty sure if they beat NE at home and that SNF raiders game which was like touchdown less until late in the game lol. I think the Bills MNF game will tell us a lot about them and this division. They should beat Denver in a laugher, Nix is garbage beyond belief and might shit himself against the Jets D, but Denver's defense is really good so who knows if they get challenged there and then I think they should beat Minnesota barring an absurd Jettas game and the OL collapses to Flores's defensive style

Reactions: AfroThunder396

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad