OT: 2024 NFL/NCAA/HS Football Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I’m with you. I almost lost my shit when Saleh burned those two timeouts to avoid delay of games. The second one was on first down and in the red zone, like why burn that TO in the first five minutes of the second half? Fully expected the game to get close and bite us in the ass. Saleh still sucks by the way, and when the games start to matter that stuff is going to matter.

They’re going to have to bring pressure the rest of the year. That rush four and bring pressure game from last year just isn’t going to work without JJ and Reddick.

Of note, I listened to Saleh's presser this morning and he was asked about it. His response was that it will be something that will be ongoing all season as a result of Rodgers being steadfast about analyzing the defense and bringing the play clock all the way down. He obviously indicated that there will be times where they can't take the timeout and will have to take the penalty of course, but it was interesting to hear that.

It's just an incredible difference to see him act as the player/coach out on the field compared to watching Zach have to trust in whatever Hackett is calling because of his inexperience in reading what the defense is giving him. We're just not used to this level of intelligence at the QB position :laugh: not since Pennington at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad