OT: 2024 NFL/NCAA/HS Football Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Honest question with no snark or ill intentions... do you think he handled it well and is without fault?

Could he have handled it better? Sure by definition, he could have just did 100% exactly what the cop said to do

Is he without fault? Yes. Because you shouldn't be pulled from your car on a traffic stop just because the cop got his feelings hurt.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Could he have handled it better? Sure by definition, he could have just did 100% exactly what the cop said to do

Is he without fault? Yes. Because you shouldn't be pulled from your car on a traffic stop just because the cop got his feelings hurt.

Typical snarky reply of yours, which is par for the course.

"Sure by definition..."

No, by any conceivable metric he could've handled it better. Being confrontational from the start, keeping tinted windows rolled up so the police can't see what's going on inside the car and ignoring repeated police commands is a piss poor way to handle the situation. Well over 99% of traffic stops are handled better by those that are pulled over who know better than to act like an entitled child.

"...the cop got his feelings hurt."

The cop told him 3x to keep his window down and 10x to get out the car and Hill just argues with him the entire time - that's why he go pulled out of the car, not over hurt feelings.

Saying Hill is without fault is just rich.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

That's not why he was but I don't think this discussion needs to continue.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Legit don't know what result I want in the Bills Fins game, maybe a tie? :laugh: I will say though, the schedule makers did bless the Bills with a night game in Miami this early in the year with their history of cramping down there in So Flo recently

Reactions: My3Sons

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
1726191908770.png

Bills*

• Haha
Reactions: Billdo

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I couldn't believe he went into that run head first. You have to slide there and protect yourself.

I hope he considers retirement for his sake. Just way too many significant head injuries for him at this juncture of his career.

Reactions: My3Sons and HBK27

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I couldn't believe he went into that run head first. You have to slide there and protect yourself.

I hope he considers retirement for his sake. Just way too many significant head injuries for him at this juncture of his career.

Scoreboard got into his head, it was 31-10 and 4th and 4, he tried to make a play more than he had to. He was probably really pissed at himself for the game he had and tried to make up for it. We see it with our younger Devils sometimes too and they wind up making an even worse play in the process. Just the mentality of athletes. For his sake, I hope he retires but I'm not sure if the Fins owner will honor that contract that Tua just inked in the offseason if he does walk.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

That's what I'm baffled with as well. He could've easily just slid there and avoided any contact. I get that he may not have known exactly where the 1st down marker was there, but it seems like a rather unnecessary risk taken by a player that more than anyone in the NFL should be looking to avoid contact at all costs.

Just sucks all around as he's such a good young player. Unfortunately, he probably really needs to consider retirement at this point...or whatever the equivalent of LTIR is for the NFL.

Anyone know what his financial situation is? Assuming he has more than enough to retire and live comfortably the rest of his life, though it's also understandably tough to walk away when he could seemingly be a star in this league. Hopefully if he does decide to hand 'em up he can find another career in the NFL, maybe in broadcasting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad