OT: 2024 NFL/NCAA/HS Football Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It’s not the cop’s job to deescalate what could conceivably be a violent situation given Hill’s actions, it’s just their job not to escalate further. There’s a difference, they did fail in the latter but Hill is hardly an innocent and if anyone is refusing to show their hands and shutting a tinited window you have to be thinking about the possibility of a gun there. Anyone absolving Hill entirely is being a homer.

Let’s not spend days on this though

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
They threw him on the ground and cuffed him because he wouldnt roll down his window after being pulled over for speeding (after giving his information to the cops, mind you). Do you believe that warrants such force? If you do, then we have nothing further to discuss.

Campbell has every right to stop on the side of the road lol the cops can't just decide who can stand where on public property. That is nonsense. He doesn't have to identify himself. He didn't do anything wrong. That is the entire point.
You're missing the part where they told him to get out a bunch of times and he didn't which prompted the cuffing. Do I think it required such force? Hell no. Do I think Hill was completely without blame? Also no.

Also, Campbell stopped and got involved in a police situation. Sure he can stop, but once he engaged in that situation of course they can ask him to identify himself. How would they know who he is or why he is getting involved?

You left out a lot of really significant pieces to this puzzle. Campbell didn't just stop and watch and Hill wasn't just yanked out of the car for no reason.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
It’s not the cop’s job to deescalate what could conceivably be a violent situation given Hill’s actions, it’s just their job not to escalate further. There’s a difference, they did fail in the latter but Hill is hardly an innocent and if anyone is refusing to show their hands and shutting a tinited window you have to be thinking about the possibility of a gun there. Anyone absolving Hill entirely is being a homer.

Let’s not spend days on this though

....................yes, it LITERALLY is lol

Like, plain and simple, yes it is. That is part of being a police officer.

You're missing the part where they told him to get out a bunch of times and he didn't which prompted the cuffing. Do I think it required such force? Hell no. Do I think Hill was completely without blame? Also no.

Also, Campbell stopped and got involved in a police situation. Sure he can stop, but once he engaged in that situation of course they can ask him to identify himself. How would they know who he is or why he is getting involved?

You left out a lot of really significant pieces to this puzzle. Campbell didn't just stop and watch and Hill wasn't just yanked out of the car for no reason.

Demanding someone get out of the car on a simple traffic stop IS THE FIRST PROBLEM lol

and, standing off to the side and asking a question is not "getting involved in a police situation", and is breaking no laws whatsoever.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Demanding someone get out of the car on a simple traffic stop IS THE FIRST PROBLEM lol

You continue to be dishonest as to what happened.

Hill was confrontational from the very start. The first cop taps on his window of the car as he approaches it and Hill immediately goes into "hey don't knock on my window like that" 8 times before switching to "just give me my ticket bro so I can go". He's then told to keep the window down by the cop several times and refuses to do so.

THAT is why he gets pulled out of the car. It's not like the cops pulled him over for speeding and immediately ripped him out of the car.

Yet you just can't bring yourself to hold Hill even the slightest bit accountable for escalating the situation. How about next time you get pulled over you give the cops the same treatment and see how things turn out.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Again, being confrontational does not = deserve to be dragged out of the car. Full stop. Being confrontational is not against the law. Rolling up your window after giving the cops information is not against the law.

The problem is you guys are not understanding this. "Because the cops said so" is NOT a reason! Cops are not gods. They cannot hold the law solely in their hands because someone made them angry. Be better! If someone makes me angry at my job, I can't just go off on them and go on a power trip or else guess what? I'll be fired.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

and, standing off to the side and asking a question is not "getting involved in a police situation", and is breaking no laws whatsoever.
He refused to do what the police officer told him to do. If he just kept the window rolled down would ANY of that happened? Most likely not.

He wasn't standing off the to side, he literally walked right up to the situation.

Neither party is without blame. I don't think going back and forth on this is pointless so we'll agree to disagree on this one.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
He refused to do what the police officer told him to do. If he just kept the window rolled down would ANY of that happened? Most likely not.

He wasn't standing off the to side, he literally walked right up to the situation.

Neither party is without blame. I don't think going back and forth on this is pointless so we'll agree to disagree on this one.

Let me ask you this- why do you believe that everyone has to do everything that a police officer tells them to do at all times? You are required to provide your information (license, insurance, etc.) as part of a traffic stop. Hill did that.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Let me ask you this- why do you believe that everyone has to do everything that a police officer tells them to do at all times? You are required to provide your information (license, insurance, etc.) as part of a traffic stop. Hill did that.

Are you suggesting that we just pick and choose when to obey an officer's command?

Even if you feel they are overstepping their bounds or disagree with what they're asking, the best possible outcome for everyone involved is to do what the officer says.

This is really not that difficult. I really hope you try all this next time you're pulled over. Be sure to let the cops know that you're not breaking any laws the entire time while you're at it!

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Buddy is acting like the cop was telling him to do four backflips and sing La Marseillaise in high French. He asked him to roll his window down lol

For the millionth time, that doesn’t give carte blanche for the cops to employ over the top physical force. The problem arises when you pretend Hill played no role in the encounter escalating and/or would have been faultless for almost any level of bad behavior.

Reactions: HBK27 and Billdo

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I understand how you're viewing this and most likely police as a whole. If Hill wasn't a dick at the very onset of the interaction this in all likelihood would've went very differently. I just believe that the easier you make these things the better for everyone. Both parties were wrong in my opinion which you seem to vehemently disagree with so I don't know what else there is to say.

Last edited:
Reactions: HBK27 and NJDevs26

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

So they’re supposed to wait till he draws a gun and starts shooting before they do anything? Sure it’s not ‘breaking the law’ to be insubordinate and not follow their directions, that doesn’t mean there aren’t certain consequences when you don’t do what they say and act like you are hiding something, and it’s not like telling him to open the window or show your hands is an unreasonable request. Not to mention he did commit an actual violation, this wasn’t a case of just getting pulled over because he was targeted. Plenty of that stuff happens without turning this guy into a martyr. He basically committed a violation, baited the officers into overreacting and they obliged.

We admit they shouldn’t have gone as far as they did, that’s not even debatable, why can’t you admit that he was the one who needlessly escalated the situation to start with and they had reason to think this was potentially going to go beyond a traffic stop? Well I know why so I’ll just stop here

Last edited:
Reactions: HBK27 and Billdo

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
I expect the extended media attention and the fanning of flames by Hill and his team is just an excuse to get away with the fact that his ass was late to a game.

"Give me my ticket, bro, so I can go, I'm gonna be late." is not something i want to hear If I'm a cop that just pulled someone over for speeding. You know that dude is gonna get right back onto the road and start speeding again.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I expect the extended media attention and the fanning of flames by Hill and his team is just an excuse to get away with the fact that his ass was late to a game.

"Give me my ticket, bro, so I can go, I'm gonna be late." is not something i want to hear If I'm a cop that just pulled someone over for speeding. You know that dude is gonna get right back onto the road and start speeding again.

he wasn't late? lmao this happened at like 10-1030am on Sunday.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I thought this whole thing started with the media asking why he wasn't at the arena yet and if he'll miss the game?

the bodycam footage started at like 10:15am, the game was at 1pm. And this was a few blocks from the stadium. He wasn't late.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Those cops are violent thugs and the apologists in this thread worry me. The man did nothing threatening or violent towards them and they still did the D+ high school student bully bullshit typical of these wanna-be tough guys. How's the polished black leather taste? Glad you all love this dystopian nonsense.

I'M SOWWY I WASNT POWITE MR OFFICER YOU CAN STOMP ON ME IF YOU WIKE

Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Those cops are violent thugs and the apologists in this thread worry me. The man did nothing threatening or violent towards them and they still did the D+ high school student bully bullshit typical of these wanna-be tough guys. How's the polished black leather taste? Glad you all love this dystopian nonsense.

I'M SOWWY I WASNT POWITE MR OFFICER YOU CAN STOMP ON ME IF YOU WIKE

Thats because its not a clear cut issue where one side is correct.

You can't just close your tinted windows on a cop and have them trust you aren't digging for a weapon. Hill escalated the situation and he needed to be taken out of the car and written up where his hand are visible.

The cop didn't need to get all pissy at the response and get him on the ground and handcuff him though.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Thats because its not a clear cut issue where one side is correct.

You can't just close your tinted windows on a cop and have them trust you aren't digging for a weapon. Hill escalated the situation and he needed to be taken out of the car and written up where his hand are visible.

The cop didn't need to get all pissy at the response and get him on the ground and handcuff him though.
Ya, I don't think anyone can just keep their windows fully up. I've seen similar traffic stop vid's where guys barely crack the window and say nothing but "am I being detained". Not a fan of that either, but the window is at least opened to some extent.

Not sure what the proper police response is to someone failing to open the door or window but that did look to be way over the top.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Ya, I don't think anyone can just keep their windows fully up. I've seen similar traffic stop vid's where guys barely crack the window and say nothing but "am I being detained". Not a fan of that either, but the window is at least opened to some extent.

Not sure what the proper police response is to someone failing to open the door or window but that did look to be way over the top.

Of course the Hill defenders aren't offering any suggestions on how to deescalate the situation. I'm guessing they themselves would run for cover if put in the same situation.

Waits for the "that's what they're trained to do" responses.

Reactions: HBK27

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I haven’t seen the video, nor do I follow the NFL even casually enough to know who this player is.

But very interestingly I follow a YouTuber, who has gotten way too right-wing for me in the last couple of years. But he’s still worth watching when he’s not calling everybody woke and communists, and every time he does a video from someone out of California needing to say Commiefornia. He’s not a political commentator, which is why I still watch him. If he were a political commentator I would absolutely not be watching him, but he feels the need to throw in some stuff once in a while, and has admitted to enjoying to troll people in the comments who don’t agree with him politically.

Anyway, he commented on this in his video this morning. He said “not a good look for the Miami-Dade PD” and said “these guys have no business being police officers”. I was pretty shocked to hear that coming from him. He’s not an ultra right-wing guy, but he’s gotten a little too right-wing or at least vocally right wing for my liking over the last few years.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Of course the Hill defenders aren't offering any suggestions on how to deescalate the situation. I'm guessing they themselves would run for cover if put in the same situation.

you answered your own question. This is progress!

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

I'd like to know what they are actually trained to do when someone refuses to roll down their window.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad