OT: 2024 NFL/NCAA/HS Football Thread

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Totally agree. Surprised they had the stones to pull the trigger. Hackett staying is a joke.

We know why he's still here, unfortunately.

I feel for Saleh because he seems like an awesome guy. But it's clear this year that something has really been lost on his part. The discipline issues are still there, as they always have been, and they've come out far flatter in almost every game this season compared to others. I think that the Quincy Williams comment about getting tired of hearing the same shit is a direct reflection of this. And he's one of the only ones who's been consistent in this first part of the season.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
We know why he's still here, unfortunately.

I feel for Saleh because he seems like an awesome guy. But it's clear this year that something has really been lost on his part. The discipline issues are still there, as they always have been, and they've come out far flatter in almost every game this season compared to others. I think that the Quincy Williams comment about getting tired of hearing the same shit is a direct reflection of this. And he's one of the only ones who's been consistent in this first part of the season.
Yeah, I know. Still ridiculous. And it results in limited returns on this move. Sure, maybe you improve on Saleh’s bad game management and discipline issues, but the biggest issue is still the offense. And we have the same dolt running the show there.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I mean, the on-field product speaks for itself.
I don’t think Saleh is a good HC in terms of leading a room and ultimately that’s excuse they’ll fall back on. “He lost the room.” But I think he’s an elite defensive coordinator, and the Jets defense has been consistently great during his tenure. Saleh’s side of the ball isn’t the problem.

The problem has been the offense, and management gave Rodgers a blank check to do whatever he wanted with the offense. Rodgers picked the coordinator, he picked the receivers, he picks the schemes and concepts. Douglas and Johnson decided to get into bed with this guy knowing full well that he’s a selfish diva, the took their chips and went all-in anyway.

So if you really want to fix the problem and improve the team, who’s the one that should actually be fired? Probably the offensive coordinator.

Saying that they want to give Saleh-Rodgers a chance and then pulling the plug after only 5 full games just doesn’t make sense to me. Wasn’t Saleh-Rodgers the plan all along? That’s certainly how it was sold. The fact that Hackett is still around shows who is calling the shots in this organization.

This division sucks and makes no sense, I hate it so much. None of these teams know what they’re doing.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Sure getting rid of Saleh now will fix the Jets. That’s all they need is a new coach after week 5. Morons. Saleh may not be anything special as a coach but the Jets have significant ongoing structural problems. Vince Lombardi won’t turn the team around as presently constructed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad