Prospect Info: 2024 Montreal Canadiens Rookie Camp (September 11-17)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
any chance we see Arber on the wing?

You're not gonna see Arber on the wing.
You aren't gonna see Hutson on the wing.
You're not gonna see Engstrom on the wing.
You're not gonna see a drafted defenseman who is developing as a defenseman since his draft year, play on the wing.

The only circumstance where that might happen is if they are so decimated with injuries on a road trip with back to back they have no other choice, but in that case, they usually just go with 7 D.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
You're not gonna see a drafted defenseman who is developing as a defenseman since his draft year, play on the wing.

The only circumstance where that might happen is if they are so decimated with injuries on a road trip with back to back they have no other choice, but in that case, they usually just go with 7 D.
Jimmy Roberts types are rare

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I know Cowan doesn't mean much lol but he is convinced 100% the Habs will give a spot to both Mailloux and Hutson on day 1.

That would be increidible. According to him, unless something changes the defense is set as:

Matheson - Guhle
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Mailloux

Barron/Struble

Reinbacher- Engstrom to Laval to play 20-25 mins, PP and PK.

Hope they don't get gifted spots. Has Engstrom confirmed to play in AHL?

I'd want to see:

Matheson - Savard
Guhle - Mailloux
Xhekaj - Barron
Struble

Hutson - Reinbacher (future 1st pair gelling)
Engstrom - Trudeau

Reactions: Ozmodiar

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
All I want is the updater roster with height / size. I’m sure every Habs media in town is also waiting for it for an easy low effort article before the weekend

Reactions: BLONG7

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don't know why you're still talking about faceoffs. We've already established that protecting a lead is much more than just winning a faceoff.
Because THAT was the specific point that I addressed from Vincent's press conference.

That is complete nonsense. Humans learn and get better through experience and practice. That's not even something anyone can argue against.
You can keep saying it's complete nonsense, but again, this kind of thinking only really is applied this way in hockey. In no other sport do teams prefer to use worse players simply because they're more experienced.

I don't really care about what YOU think I can or can't argue for or against lol, especially when you've been arguing with me about that very thing, which contradicts that take :laugh:.

"Humans get better through experience and practice".

You think rookies have never played hockey before stepping onto the ice in the NHL?

Yawn.

Once more, the example I used was STRICTLY related to the game situation of FACEOFFS...Evgeni Malkin came into the league as a rookie and was terrible at faceoffs, 1145 games later, he's STILL terrible at faceoffs.

Experience is great, but it doesn't mean more of it makes you better at something.
You seriously think that a 20-year-old rookie Suzuki and a 25-year-old veteran Suzuki would make the same amount of mistakes? That those 5 years in the league haven't taught Suzuki what works and what doesn't? That those 373 games under his belt aren't going to keep him calmer during intense situations than when he had just started?
The game is a game is a mistakes and they happen all the time, thinking that just because a player is more experienced, it means they're less likely to make mistakes is ridiculous. At some point, you've got to stop believing fairytales man.
Experience isn't everything, but it's a major asset that helps a player deal better with difficult situations.
Cool story - no one said otherwise.

But "dealing with situations more effectively", does not imply that the outcome will always be the desired one, exclusively because one has more experience.

Last edited:

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
The 2 big RHD are going to give the habs a tough choice..............as to which stays up and which goes down to Laval.
Looking like LM has the inside step on DR.
What's crazy is
LM and DR BOTH may very well start in Laval because of the Barron waivers thing

But that can get a little overblown sometimes because even 3 weeks into the season Barron might stink or get hurt and then 1 of LM or DR depending on who's looked the most ready since camp gets called up anyway, and it's a wrap for Barron

Most NHL teams dream of having 1 of these guys in the pipeline, it is surreal that we have *2* lol

*with Mailloux , stu..

Reactions: PhysicX

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
Yeah that doesn't make any sense. Not even an age thing.

It was just a reaction of Savard going down. Guhle will be on a the left side don't worry. Imagine been paid to talk hockey and still having guhle on his wrong side.
I think Hutson makes the team. If that's the case which of Matheson / Guhle / Hutson / Xhekaj sits? Or if not Guhle, which one plays off side?

If one of them sits, is the right side Savard / Mailloux / Baron?

Pretty suspect right side.

I think Guhle goes RD again.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Hey guys need a little help. I had hip replacement surgery a week ago and having a little bit of a time with mental acuity still. I know it in this thread somewhere but right now it is overwhelming looking for it so I will just ask. Is there anywhere a westerner can watch the rookie games this weekend. Site and time please. Thanks.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Yep, gotta pay the stars. There should be enough $$ left over but I see some pitfalls to avoid:
- bad contracts / buyouts (edm have $3m on the books. Might have cost them Broberg.)
- depleting draft capital … need that 2nd wave of affordable player coming up through the system. (TB had Point and Sarge. Leafs? Nada)
- loading up on 1 position / similar type of player (TB had Stammer, Vasi, Hedman, Kooch. Leafs? D and goalie neglected)

So far so good with the Habs.

If Demidov, the D kids and one of Fowler/Volokhin/Dobes pan out, we should be in a great spot.

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013

We already have a Arber as a forward, his name is Florian Xhekaj.

Reactions: rahad and Wats

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad