Prospect Info: 2024 Montreal Canadiens Rookie Camp (September 11-17)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Didn't they make a pro game limit because teams would just send shitty goons all the time, mainly Toronto because they didn't have a prospect pool ? When Robbie Earl was a top prospect, your pool f***ing sucks.

Jul 6, 2016
Apparently Oliver Kapanen isn't going to be on the roster for the Prospect Showdown...he's only coming to the main camp.
Yeah. And if he is shining, they might keep him in MTL. It’s that or SHL. No AHL for him.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
💯%. Roy is a top 9 player this season, maybe even 2nd line duties.
While I don’t share your optimism, I hope you are right. With the horde of top forward prospects (Demidov, Hage, Xhekaj, etc.) coming and Hughes having 3 firsts and 4 seconds to play with over the next two years, if Roy can’t secure a place for himself on the top three lines he won’t be on the team in 26/27.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
I hope X Junior makes it all the way. f*** man we need toughness up front.
he's a late bloomer, give him a full year in the AHL - he doesn't need to be playing 10 mins or less in the NHL.

i would love for Florian to become our Tom Wilson. although he played in the NHL at Xhekaj's age, it took him 5 seasons to put up double digit goals. one full year in the AHL and maybe Xhekaj can put up 10+ in his rookie NHL season in 2025-2026.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
For the goalies, I assume they want to give some pro-like reps to Miller as he is due to sign this year. Dobes/Hughes will see plenty of action in the main camp and the AHL camp.

The AHL 2nd year guys for D and FWD are there because they wouldn't be able to fill the roster without them and to build some excitement for the games.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
It is a bit weird, he really sticks out in that group. I have no idea why he's there.

He's there to build excitement, just like Farrell, Mailloux, Kidney, Davidson and to a lesser extent Reinbacher/Hutson (only played a few AHL/NHL games but above the level of those games).

If not for the AHL guys, it would be mostly irrelevant invites due to our many NCAA/Euro picks.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It is a bit weird, he really sticks out in that group. I have no idea why he's there.
Trade incoming... :dunno:

Another great skater with fairly decent instincts but an overall lack of impact.
His role looks like it may be getting swallowed up by other prospects.
Tuch and Flojack both should have more bite overall with similar production.
That hot streak he had when he first came over a couple of seasons ago looks like an outlier.
They may want to see if he can regain that touch with the kids.

Reactions: Beer and Chips

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
I have low-key hopes for G Samuel Richard. Kinda like Jared Davidson, he's coming from afar but is like a super dark horse for an NHL career. Like midnight black I'm talking but I'm a sucker for a long shot underdog. Don't sleep on this kid, well maybe you can afford to nap.

• Wow
Reactions: HabzSauce

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Trade incoming... :dunno:

Another great skater with fairly decent instincts but an overall lack of impact.
His role looks like it may be getting swallowed up by other prospects.
Tuch and Flojack both should have more bite overall with similar production.
That hot streak he had when he first came over a couple of seasons ago looks like an outlier.
They may want to see if he can regain that touch with the kids.
He has had one AHL season. He should have more offensive ability than Tuch but he needs to do something this year.

Reactions: Rapala

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
I have low-key hopes for G Samuel Richard. Kinda like Jared Davidson, he's coming from afar but is like a super dark horse for an NHL career. Like midnight black I'm talking but I'm a sucker for a long shot underdog. Don't sleep on this kid, well maybe you can afford to nap.
Never heard of this guy but he's 24yo, played in Canada - Atlantic university league last two seasons. Only 6ft tho, odds seem stacked against him :(

Have you seen this dude play? He any good?

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Look forward to seeing Owen Protz...I think he has impressive upside.

Protz was the most noticeable defenseman during the recent development camp. It wouldn’t be a surprise if in the coming years Protz passes some of the more notable emerging defensemen on the Canadiens’ depth chart. With his combination of physicality, compete level and mobility it would be more surprising if he didn’t.

Last edited:

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Never heard of this guy but he's 24yo, played in Canada - Atlantic university league last two seasons. Only 6ft tho, odds seem stacked against him :(

Have you seen this dude play? He any good?

A little while ago I heard from some guy that he was worth watching. Saw his stats they were fine but whatever I thought. Then I saw that his CIAU(?) team was kicking ass so I scrounged around to find video of him. I understand he appears to be a completely unremarkable goalie but all he does is win. I'd love if we sent him to Trois-Rivieres and got someone to mentor him.

Solid guy, intense and not overly athletic but he doesn't need to be.

Reactions: HabzSauce

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
A little while ago I heard from some guy that he was worth watching. Saw his stats they were fine but whatever I thought. Then I saw that his CIAU(?) team was kicking ass so I scrounged around to find video of him. I understand he appears to be a completely unremarkable goalie but all he does is win. I'd love if we sent him to Trois-Rivieres and got someone to mentor him.

Solid guy, intense and not overly athletic but he doesn't need to be.
Lol nice sounds like Price 😍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad