Prospect Info: 2024 Montreal Canadiens Development Camp

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I look at it as a way to get an early feel for the skating and puck skills a new prospect might have to work with/improve on. It's something to watch on a slow july morning while I pretend to work I guess :dunno:

Reactions: 417

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
That 2022 draft for the Habs could one day be considered their best ever.
Slaf
Mesar
Beck
Hutson
Engstrom

Of course there is the distinct possibility that some of these guys don't make it but as of right now this 2022 draft looks awfully promising longterm.

Totally agree with you, 2022 completely changed the team's future :

Reactions: Tyson

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I haven't had a lot of time this week to follow the development camp. Without JF Houle around, who has been running the on-ice sessions?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I look at it as a way to get an early feel for the skating and puck skills a new prospect might have to work with/improve on. It's something to watch on a slow july morning while I pretend to work I guess :dunno:
Understand...but the whole purpose of them being at a development camp, is to work on the things they need to work on.

It's all good though, I just made a comment because I've seen posts during these live scrimmages literally knocking players for whatever issue they may have and saying they'll never make it because of it, blah blah blah.

Sometimes it's OK to just watch hockey without evaluating every single aspect of it.

InAG-P

Jun 19, 2003
T.O.
Visit site
That 2022 draft for the Habs could one day be considered their best ever.
Slaf
Mesar
Beck
Hutson
Engstrom

Of course there is the distinct possibility that some of these guys don't make it but as of right now this 2022 draft looks awfully promising longterm.
What's funny about this is that coming out of the draft, we knew it was a very strong class. Funny how as relatively educated fans, we hit the nail on the head in asessing the draft class for the Habs

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
  • Haha
Reactions: Schooner Guy

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Why is the camp so thin of players this year?
Because the Habs told the prospects who went twice already to keep to their current training and not come if travel was required. Beck was already in Montréal and Croteau is injured, they are the only 2022 and earlier prospects present.

So there is like 16 prospects there and 14 invites.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
3 of those players came in one draft.
But that was an insta core: franchise goalie, two elite Ds, and 1 elite winger. All we needed was an elite C (which we could have gotten by trading PK after his Noris season), and we would have had the fixings for a perennial winner. I think we would have gotten there, too, if Gainey’s daughter hadn’t been swept overboard in a storm! The type of tragedy that can break a man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad