Prospect Info: 2024 Montreal Canadiens Development Camp

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
@Bombshell11 please, explain yourself, Mesar. :popcorn:

Because he's a bust and busts don't show up at the team's development camps 3 years in a row when they could be in the middle of their intense training, getting ready for the upcoming year to make da big club.

Legit Mesar is the only player we have that has the speed, hockey sense, hockey IQ to keep up with Demidov's talent.

As a fan it's annoying to think that we could lose such an elite duo because of team politics. We already saw hit peaces on Mesar that have popped out just before the trade dead line, might suggest they're shopping him around prob.

Reactions: Tyson

dauv

Sep 23, 2022
No that's not it, he told HUGO that the players would not be able to follow him since he thinks the game at such a high level and he wouldn't want to crush their spirits by making them think they suck. HE IS THINKING ABOUT THE TEAM LONG TERM. WHAT TEAMATE hahaha
Odd that Mesar is not there

Does he think he is too good for this camp?

:thumbu:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
He's 6'2. 181lbs Lol HDB f***ed up.
People do this every year and don't realize it is obviously not right. Elite prospects and hockey db don't have real time updates on heights and weights. Sometimes guys 14-15 year old stats stay on their main profile until they attend a draft combine or weigh in for a pro league.

Guys drafted in the 7th round aren't attending combines.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Odd that Mesar is not there

Does he think he is too good for this camp?

None, of the 2022s are. It's 3 freaking days. No reason to drag him back from Slovakia for this.

Gone are the days it was a week long event. Now it's: here's the development team, get them on a plan, have some seminars on healthy eating, etc, get a skate in, send them home.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I may go if they’re serving hot dogs.
Watching me eat hot dogs could be worth the price of admission.
While watching you engorge yourself with hot dogs may be of some interest to some, I wouldn't sell getting an opportunity to see Hage, Florian Xhekaj, Beck and Fowler short. These players will be among the wave of new talent that will hopefully lead and support the revival of this franchise.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I'm pretty sure they would all be gone if there was a deal that make sense.

We are just not in a position where we need to take a bad deal to get them out.
Yeah I know it's just that moving some personal would perhaps give motivation to our top players that the team is advancing. I mean we know they are rebuilding but players in general don't really care and want to win. Just wish they showed them some positive support. But like you said , Summer just started , plenty of time to make changes.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Because he's a bust and busts don't show up at the team's development camps 3 years in a row when they could be in the middle of their intense training, getting ready for the upcoming year to make da big club.

Legit Mesar is the only player we have that has the speed, hockey sense, hockey IQ to keep up with Demidov's talent.

As a fan it's annoying to think that we could lose such an elite duo because of team politics. We already saw hit peaces on Mesar that have popped out just before the trade dead line, might suggest they're shopping him around prob.
Sickening that the story of Mesar has already been written and he is only 20. WTF

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Watched the Owen Beck interview. That kid is so well spoken. He looks jacked at 195 pounds. You get the impression that he will be a regular on this Habs team very quickly.
He wants to make the team in October and I think he can replace one of Evans/Dvorak already.

Habs could start the season with Newhook and Beck as their bottom 6 centers and it's going to be an upgrade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad