Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

SaltyElkHunter

I …. am…. The LA Kings!
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
It fits with the team of this year.

GQkkah2bIAAZJNZ

Also, I can't trust a man who likes Motely Crue but couldn't get into Metallica.
That’s a chick

No Name The Nameless

Feb 15, 2019
Tornado Alley
It is what it is...i guess
When BLuc are finally fired maybe we return to winning ways, for now, I'm sitting back and hoping for the young kids to take the reins (QB/Clarke/Laf/Spence/hopefully Ziemmer/Greentree)

This team is not winning anything any time soon...strap in it's going to get bumpy
We need one or two to be stars. It’s possible but not likely. Spence is rock solid. Laf is mostly just a jag.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
The Kings will already have a ridiculous amount of cap space next summer with Doughty and Kopitar still on the roster.

According to CapFriendly's projections, and with the assumption that the cap ceiling will rise to $92M in 2025, the Kings will have $31,725,000 in cap space to play with.

No doubt they will seek out at least one of the big names if they hit the open market.
With all that cap, we should add some toughness.
:skeptic:

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Not to get everyone's hopes up, but you guys should take a look at all the names that are set to become free agents next summer.

It is quite possibly the deepest list of names that could potentially be available in the open market.

Now, I'd like to think that the team is leaving themselves enough room to take a run at one of the top names available, but we've seen how historically bad the organization has been in signing free agents, so probably best not to set ourselves up for disappointment.

For those curious as to how deep the 2025 crop of free agents is, here's a link:

Rental 2 resign is a good move if they go to the dance/
If the plan is to play the kids and let Edmundson/Jeannot/Burroughs be placeholder characters guys I'd be totally down with that.

But the truth is they haven't fully committed to that direction. Are we trying to suddenly rebuild? Or are we trying to win now? It's incoherent.

When Lombardi brought in guys like Scott Thornton or Brad Stuart, he didn't give up draft picks to get them. I hate giving up a 2nd and 4th for a fourth line player. It shows they're not actually committed to rebuilding.

Yes they are rotating in young guys and beefing up too because they needed to and they will need that even more.

Blake will see who among the youth is ready to play a role and make move(s) before the deadline, if they are in playoff position.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
The Kings will already have a ridiculous amount of cap space next summer with Doughty and Kopitar still on the roster.

According to CapFriendly's projections, and with the assumption that the cap ceiling will rise to $92M in 2025, the Kings will have $31,725,000 in cap space to play with.

No doubt they will seek out at least one of the big names if they hit the open market.
if anyone at AEG has any balls , he'll be gone before he can do any more damage. hes got a year left and I dont see the boys going on a miraculous run next year, sadly. how long is his leash? what about Luc's?

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
It's honestly wild to me that some are complaining about Doughty's contract when we will be paying Gavrikov 6 million and Edmundson 4 million next year. We are worried about cap space when it comes to him? We need him off of the team? Do people really think the team would be better without him?

Reactions: Dog as Man

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
It's honestly wild to me that some are complaining about Doughty's contract when we will be paying Gavrikov 6 million and Edmundson 4 million next year. We are worried about cap space when it comes to him? We need him off of the team? Do people really think the team would be better without him?
The offensive side of Doughty's game is trash. He can't or won't just make a quick outlet pass. This destroys any transition & what's the point of having fast skaters on the team if you can't get them the puck in stride.

The PP suffers from having Doughty "run" it. Durzi showed what could be instead of what has been.

Doughty can defend all right, but he hasn't made a big enough difference to win a playoff round in the last decade. King's are better off Dumping Doughty & spending part of his 11M on someone that can defend & give other people opportunities that are wasted on #8.

Edit: King's aren't winning another cup in the remaining time of Doughty's contract. What does it matter if he's moved.?

Last edited:

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
On a side note, who owns this website? It’s always so irritating when you have “global” mods rabidly thought police the users on this site, but don’t keep up the same energy to fix the awful ad optimization on this site and the nonstop mobile refresh error.

They’re so worried about the brand image of this stupid site but don’t even do anything to fix the fact that this site looks and optimized like a cheap hook up message board.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
On a side note, who owns this website? It’s always so irritating when you have “global” mods rabidly thought police the users on this site, but don’t keep up the same energy to fix the awful ad optimization on this site and the nonstop mobile refresh error.

They’re so worried about the brand image of this stupid site but don’t even do anything to fix the fact that this site looks and optimized like a cheap hook up message board.
For my own sanity I decided to pay the no-advert fee. I decided it was worth it for my own sake and it was definitely worth it (to me). All the issues including the refresh one has completely gone. Disclaimer: gone for me, I’m not saying it’ll fix your issues :sarcasm:

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
For my own sanity I decided to pay the no-advert fee. I decided it was worth it for my own sake and it was definitely worth it (to me). All the issues including the refresh one has completely gone. Disclaimer: gone for me, I’m not saying it’ll fix your issues :sarcasm:
I can’t in good conscience support this site. Besides the fact it’s optimized like crap, the global mods are the worst so i just can’t do it.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I can’t in good conscience support this site. Besides the fact it’s optimized like crap, the global mods are the worst so i just can’t do it.
Fair enough. I decided it was cheaper than throwing my phone at a wall… it was definitely on the cards!!

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
Could get even worse if they Resign Gavrikov , which would be beyond stupid with Kirsanov in wings. That's why ownership needs to clean house or sell team, due to decisions that's have been allowed to be made

Reactions: crassbonanza

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Doughty ($11 in real money/year) 3 year
For
Trouba ($6 real money) 2 years
Kakko
Rempe
1st maybe more.

Trouba is trending down, but physical & saves King's 33-12= $21,000,000
Kakko around a second
Rempe is fun, not worth much
Couple of late first for next GM to rebuild.

Probably throw in guys that probably hit waivers anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad