OT: 2024 MLB Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
was watching some little league world series earlier... canada vs taiwan

canada had a kid that was 5'1 / 135 lbs

first thing i thought was, 'holy shit! they have a little league version of the blue jays catcher alejandro kirk!'

also, the broadcast displayed pitch speed twice for the pitches. ex: a 72 mph pitch would also read "94 mph MLB"

i liked that.

Last edited:

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
IMG_8028.jpeg

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
First I endured horrific injury luck with Atlanta United in 2022, then what happened with the Devils last year, and now the Braves continue to have even worse luck this year. After a lifetime of rooting for mostly loser franchises with brief glimmers of hope or success I finally had more than half of my teams with competitive rosters and this is how it goes. I don't know what I did to wrong the sports gods so thoroughly, but there is no doubt that I did.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
First I endured horrific injury luck with Atlanta United in 2022, then what happened with the Devils last year, and now the Braves continue to have even worse luck this year. After a lifetime of rooting for mostly loser franchises with brief glimmers of hope or success I finally had more than half of my teams with competitive rosters and this is how it goes. I don't know what I did to wrong the sports gods so thoroughly, but there is no doubt that I did.
You could be a Jets/Mets/Nets fan so it could be worse

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Not running hard

Not stepping on base to convert outs

Pitchers not covering 1st on slow grounders

Missing a basic catch in foul territory

Going 0-6 and 0-5

Team is going NOWHERE with DJ, Verdugo and Grisham in the lineup

Reactions: Capt Nico Poo

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Going to the Yankee stadium tonight, because i am insane
Admitting your insanity is the first step to overcoming it. My suggestion is intense psychotherapy with Dr. @NjDevsRR. His Danomeme program is both effective and silky smooth. You will still be completely batshit crazy when he's finished with you but you will have great looking skin when they cart you off to an appropriate maximum security facility.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Would be really nice if the braves can lose a bit more. At this rate, if the two keep playing like this the they will both pass one of padres or Arizona.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Would be really nice if the braves can lose a bit more. At this rate, if the two keep playing like this the they will both pass one of padres or Arizona.

yes, braves lose more and mets as well...

cubs are chasing both for wild card.

we got a f***ing no-no today...first one at wrigley since '72

• Wow
Reactions: Whaddagoal

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
yes, braves lose more and mets as well...

cubs are chasing both for wild card.

we got a f***ing no-no today...first one at wrigley since '72

The SNY Mets broadcast was discussing that cubs games. Were a little surprise the starter was pulled, but they reasoned i guess he got close to 100 pitches already?

That's still a great outcome for the Cubs. The Cubs too were on a great winstreak too and can't gain a lot of ground. Met's have just won 7 in a row and still 0.5 gb and even so last night all three teams above won.

This NL WC race is pretty insane.

Still time but both teams are going to have to continue to win out..... because it looks like none of the above teams are going to dip too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: njdevils1982

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad