Prospect Info: 2024 Memorial Cup (Saginaw Wins - Beck Named MVP)

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Great d-man Dickinson. Somehow, we don't need him. We are that deep. lol

If Guhle is going to play the left side long term. We already have to trade one of Matheson, Guhle, Hutson, and Xhekaj, plus all of Engstrom, Struble, Harris, and Trudeau.

If we draft Dickinson, we have to trade two of Dickinson, Matheson, Guhle, Hutson, and Xhekaj, plus all 4 of the others.

Reactions: themilosh

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
If Guhle is going to play the left side long term. We already have to trade one of Matheson, Guhle, Hutson, and Xhekaj, plus all of Engstrom, Struble, Harris, and Trudeau.

If we draft Dickinson, we have to trade two of Dickinson, Matheson, Guhle, Hutson, and Xhekaj, plus all 4 of the others.
Frankly nobody cares about Trudeau, Harris and Struble. Matheson isn't there for life. And we're not exactly sure of what Hutson could do in a long run. On the left side, there's a chance that Dickinson becomes better than Guhle. But we shouldn't get him 'cause of quantity?

He would be an upgrade quickly but we are deep at LD.
He has the potential to be better than Guhle.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Frankly nobody cares about Trudeau, Harris and Struble. Matheson isn't there for life. And we're not exactly sure of what Hutson could do in a long run. On the left side, there's a chance that Dickinson becomes better than Guhle. But we shouldn't get him 'cause of quantity?

He has the potential to be better than Guhle.
Then forget about Matheson and the rest.

If you get Dickinson, you have to trade one of Guhle, Hutson, and Xhekaj. I also want to draft an LD if they are seen as having more chance to have more of an impact than a forward. But management has said they're looking to draft a forward or an RD, not an LD.

Reactions: jaffy27

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Great d-man Dickinson. Somehow, we don't need him. We are that deep. lol

The read on him in the draft thread is hilarious. Guhle is his absolute floor and even then he has far more offensive upside than Guhle, like it's not even close. I give Guhle more on the physicality side, though.

He's easily a future 60+ pt guy in NHL. I thought the same of Dobson (who I wanted in the KK draft), and Dickinson is far, far better defensively than Dobson ever was.

He's 17, and went over PPG in OHL. His numbers are a little short of Evan Bouchard in his draft year, but Bouchard has an October birthday, so was really in his 18th year his draft year. Dickinson completely out performed Bouchard's 17 age season. He's faster and better defensively, too.

Bouchard went 10th.
Dobson 12th.

Dickinson is expected to go in that same range.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
London goes ahead 3-0. That should do it, although it's only 20 seconds into 3rd period. Drummondville hasn't really threatened.

Drummondville plays Saginaw tomorrow night, 7:30 pm.

Reactions: Redux91

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Sad outing from Voltigeurs so far.........that didn't happen for quite a long time now....but they are clear candiates for 0-3.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
The read on him in the draft thread is hilarious. Guhle is his absolute floor and even then he has far more offensive upside than Guhle, like it's not even close. I give Guhle more on the physicality side, though.

He's easily a future 60+ pt guy in NHL. I thought the same of Dobson (who I wanted in the KK draft), and Dickinson is far, far better defensively than Dobson ever was.

He's 17, and went over PPG in OHL. His numbers are a little short of Evan Bouchard in his draft year, but Bouchard has an October birthday, so was really in his 18th year his draft year. Dickinson completely out performed Bouchard's 17 age season. He's faster and better defensively, too.

Bouchard went 10th.
Dobson 12th.

Dickinson is expected to go in that same range.
Yeah, but we shouldn't draft him 'cause of Trudeau, Struble, Harris.......Geez, if anything...you draft Dickinson, and if Xhekaj and Hutson are untouchables......TRADE Guhle. And if he's that good, imagine the great player we will have in return for him.

So not only you keep the very same depth. But you could replace a Guhle by a better....Guhle. AND you acquire a top end forward.

But somehow, let's settle for Sennecke. 'Cause you know.....needs.....Just insane takes.

Note: I am NOT saying that Dickinson is a better Guhle. Not saying that Sennecke is a bust. My takes on those prospects are irrelevant. It's the THOUGHT PROCESS of DON'T GO LEFT D because of depth that it's insane to me.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Then forget about Matheson and the rest.

If you get Dickinson, you have to trade one of Guhle, Hutson, and Xhekaj. I also want to draft an LD if they are seen as having more chance to have more of an impact than a forward. But management has said they're looking to draft a forward or an RD, not an LD.
Who will be the best Lefties. Let say we can live with Xhekaj and Hutson. And Dickinson is better than Guhle. You keep the depth. You upgrade GUhle by a better Guhle. AND you get a terrific player up front for Guhle in a trade.

Again, somebody needs to tell me how that is so bad when we drool over the Dach trade. A Dach trade we got because we got rid of Romanov....a left d-man we had enough of. You don't think Hughes can be able to pull another one?

What's better. Guhle and let say Iginla or Sennecke? Or Dickinson and the return for Guhle? A return that will AUTOMATICALLY be a known commodity compared to the kids we are about to pick?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Yeah, but we shouldn't draft him 'cause of Trudeau, Struble, Harris.......Geez, if anything...you draft Dickinson, and if Xhekaj and Hutson are untouchables......TRADE Guhle. And if he's that good, imagine the great player we will have in return for him.

So not only you keep the very same depth. But you could replace a Guhle by a better....Guhle. AND you acquire a top end forward.

But somehow, let's settle for Sennecke. 'Cause you know.....needs.....Just insane takes.

Note: I am NOT saying that Dickinson is a better Guhle. Not saying that Sennecke is a bust. My takes on those prospects are irrelevant. It's the THOUGHT PROCESS of DON'T GO LEFT D because of depth that it's insane to me.

Yeah, agree with that same sentiment, but that seems to be the approach that the organization is taking, too.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Who will be the best Lefties. Let say we can live with Xhekaj and Hutson. And Dickinson is better than Guhle. You keep the depth. You upgrade GUhle by a better Guhle. AND you get a terrific player up front for Guhle in a trade.

Again, somebody needs to tell me how that is so bad when we drool over the Dach trade. A Dach trade we got because we got rid of Romanov....a left d-man we had enough of. You don't think Hughes can be able to pull another one?

What's better. Guhle and let say Iginla or Sennecke? Or Dickinson and the return for Guhle? A return that will AUTOMATICALLY be a known commodity compared to the kids we are about to pick?
I would be fine with this. But I don't think it's what management will do.

It's harder to get top talent at any podition than it is to fill the wing position. Though the question remains what can you get for Guhle? Yes, I don't think it will be easy for Hughes to get another Dach at that price. That was a unique situation where Chicago were giving away their players to tank.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002

Left or right, if Dickinson leads the Knights to the Memorial Cup he will probably be the first defenceman taken in the draft. His combination of size, skill, physical play, defensive acumen and leadership offers a tantalizing opportunity to most teams. Everyone loves a winner. Dickinson has future NHL captain written all over him.

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

But I do think Hughes and Gorton and the scouting staff are going to really sit down and look at all the players available. And if they see a dman that is a star, and wingers that are more questionable, I think they'll take the dman when it comes down to actually putting the chips on the table, despite talking about wanting a forward in advance.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
But I do think Hughes and Gorton and the scouting staff are going to really sit down and look at all the players available. And if they see a dman that is a star, and wingers that are more questionable, I think they'll take the dman when it comes down to actually putting the chips on the table, despite talking about wanting a forward in advance.
Leads us back to BPA or moving down and getting an asset for doing so...

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Leads us back to BPA or moving down and getting an asset for doing so...
And in this deep draft, that asset(s) could be very substantial. Let the hype build and then take advantage of same. Frankly, between 5 OA and 12 to 15 OA, I see little difference in the quality of the players who will be available. You may lose the opportunity to select the player you view as being marginally superior, but what options are left will still result in you securing an impactful player. If the bounty is high, I can see Hughes trading down, willingly.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad