Prospect Info: 2024 Memorial Cup (Saginaw Wins - Beck Named MVP)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Yeah, but we shouldn't draft him 'cause of Trudeau, Struble, Harris.......Geez, if anything...you draft Dickinson, and if Xhekaj and Hutson are untouchables......TRADE Guhle. And if he's that good, imagine the great player we will have in return for him.

So not only you keep the very same depth. But you could replace a Guhle by a better....Guhle. AND you acquire a top end forward.

But somehow, let's settle for Sennecke. 'Cause you know.....needs.....Just insane takes.

Note: I am NOT saying that Dickinson is a better Guhle. Not saying that Sennecke is a bust. My takes on those prospects are irrelevant. It's the THOUGHT PROCESS of DON'T GO LEFT D because of depth that it's insane to me.
What player you want for Guhle? Hard trade to make

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I would be fine with this. But I don't think it's what management will do.

It's harder to get top talent at any podition than it is to fill the wing position. Though the question remains what can you get for Guhle? Yes, I don't think it will be easy for Hughes to get another Dach at that price. That was a unique situation where Chicago were giving away their players to tank.
Keep playing Guhle on the right when you have to?

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I wouldn't. He's fine on RD. In fact, I like him there. It keeps him on his forehand. It's pretty normal for LD to also be able to play RD. He played it in Junior as well.
Many great LD had hall of fame careers playing RD, most notably of course was Bobby Orr. If you watch alot of old videos you will see Doug Harvey played there quite a bit.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
What makes Dickenson that much better? I don't see a great player there.

Dude, he's way better defensively. He's outstanding with his stick, which is a necessity for defensive play. He reads plays better both defensively and offensively. He's a better playmaker and has better vision. He's also an overall a better skater.

The only thing I would give to Mailloux is his shot. His wrist shot is unbelievable, but he can't always get it through because he lacks deception.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Dude, he's way better defensively. He's outstanding with his stick, which is a necessity for defensive play. He reads plays better both defensively and offensively. He's a better playmaker and has better vision. He's also an overall a better skater.

The only thing I would give to Mailloux is his shot. His wrist shot is unbelievable, but he can't always get it through because he lacks deception.
is he a late riser? I haven't seen a mock that have him that high. Most have him going 9th or later.....

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
is he a late riser? I haven't seen a mock that have him that high. Most have him going 9th or later.....

No, he started last summer in #2 position on a lot of lists, and was still #2 on mid-season lists. He's not a riser, at all. If anything he's fallen a bit to 6-10 position from 2-5.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Interesting. I think Dickinson should be a very good defenseman. i don't see a star though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad