Prospect Info: 2024 Memorial Cup (Saginaw Wins - Beck Named MVP)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Eager to see Beck. I was dissapointed offensively this year. Not statswise. But how he handled himself. And he tried to find open spaces. I thought he was playing it safe more often than not. I want him to be more assertive. Let's go Owen.
You mean he looks for space but fails? or he’s not going in traffic?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Already seeing Rover Parekh at work....lol. Good stick work.....but when Hughes say that the No5 pick, we will not see him this year but maybe next year.....Parekh is NOT going to be our pick....lol

Reactions: mdk

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Already seeing Rover Parekh at work....lol. Good stick work.....but when Hughes say that the No5 pick, we will not see him this year but maybe next year.....Parekh is NOT going to be our pick....lol

Parekh is either going to make a team very happy or very sad. I highly doubt it will be the Habs though.

Somewhere between a rich man Ryan Merkley and Erik Karlsson.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Impressive stuff by Unger so far. Moose Jaw is getting destroyed right now.

Are we during Covid? Is there people in there?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Saginaw looks much better than the team we saw against London. Rest and getting Andrew Oke back has to help.
They've finally recovered from that Soo Greyhound series.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Parekh is either going to make a team very happy or very sad. I highly doubt it will be the Habs though.

Somewhere between a rich man Ryan Merkley and Erik Karlsson.
Let some other team worry which it will be: very happy or very sad.

At 5 OA in this very deep draft, there is no need to over reach. No need indeed. If we are going defence at 5 OA there at least a half a dozen defence prospects that should go before Parekh.

Saginaw looks much better than the team we saw against London. Rest and getting Andrew Oke back has to help.
They've finally recovered from that Soo Greyhound series.
They played London much tougher than any other team the Knights faced.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

At 5 OA in this very deep draft, there is no need to over reach. No need indeed. If we are going defence at 5 OA there at least a half a dozen defence prospects that should go before Parekh.

Maybe, but there is a chance he ends up the best D in the draft.

Or the worst value in the first round.

I don't think the Habs should target him, but if we were a team that had a clear lack of offensive D (instead of a surplus), he could be a lot more interesting.

He's a high risk, very high reward pick.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Parekh....3 points already....lol. Come on NHL...Parekh top 4!!!!

I mean....it's surely too soon....isn't it....but....is it really what the West had the best to offer?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

The top three teams were in their conference. Saginaw entered that series beat up Parehk has definitely recovered from his probable concussion issues.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Parekh....3 points already....lol. Come on NHL...Parekh top 4!!!!

I mean....it's surely too soon....isn't it....but....is it really what the West had the best to offer?
McCagg has Parekh #3. McCagg's once again several steps ahead of all the other public draft sources.:naughty:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Yes, like Hutson.. they create their offense in very similar ways and both have question marks about how well they can defend. Lane's is size related, Buium's is not size related but more IQ related. So you're not going to invest a top 5 pick into what you already have in your system with the same strengths and similar weaknesses.

But yes, if you are picking top 5 why would you double down on what you already have with similar question marks? You'd obviously go for the position and things you need on your team. Hitting on Buium means you have to find the right trade for Hutson. Hitting on Iginla or Sennecke impacts us in no way but gives us dimensions we need.

There's question marks at everyone but no you don't trade down now, you trust your scouts and pick the highest rated guy on your list and account for, if everyone has the same amount of uncertainty, who makes us better compared to our in house alternatives if they hit.

Buium's IQ is through the roof....there are no questions there and he is an exceptional defender for his size.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020

There are exactly 3 defence prospects that should go before Parekh. It will be a lot easier to teach him to play passable defense than to teach Jiricek to put up any offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad