2024 HHOF

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Next year (2025) will be more interesting because there are more than four easy hall-of-famers among 1st-year eligible players, which doesn't happen that often.

Thornton, Price, Chara, Keith, Getzlaf.

Plus a few others who might have some support.
If Zetterberg had to wait, why is Getzlaf an easy entry?

Reactions: Regal

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I think Getzlaf and Zetterberg should both be easy entries, but one has already been made to wait and the other seems to have generally lukewarm support from the general public and on media speculation lists.

Reactions: Regal and MXD

Yozhik v tumane

Jan 2, 2019
I think he's 7th or so in scoring in the past 25 years.

He’s 9th, and 54th in p/gp among forwards with at least 1000 games played over the same span.

If we look at his “serviceable+” career span (excluding his rookie season and the last years mainly spent staying around), 1998-99 through 2017-18, he’s 5th in points and 22nd in p/gp among the 47 forwards who played 1000 games over the same period. Just behind Mike Ribeiro.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Datsyuk is a no-brainer.

Weber, sure, maybe (but is he already eligible?).

Marleau should never be in.

Vernon should never have been put in.

Lowe should never have been put in.

Andreychuk should never have been put in.

I don't respect the Hall of Fame anymore, so I'm not arsed what they do from here on.

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
I wish it was revealed which committee member voted for whom etc. The baseball HOF reveals these things.

My predictions:

Marleau
Weber
Datsyuk
Roenick

Here are the first time eligible players:

Datsyuk
Kovalchuk
Weber
Marleau
Backes
Miiko Koivu
Zajac
Hjalmarsson

Staniowski

Jan 13, 2018
The Maritimes
You have to check-up every now and then on the guys still playing in Europe...Kovalchuk (probably will be inducted); Radulov (not much of an NHL argument, but he's possibly the best scorer in the history of the KHL); and the two 52-year-olds, Stumpel (no chance) and Jagr.

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
First timer are not the type that do not have to wait, and the situation with Russia (and one could want Zetterberg-Datsyuk to enter together)....

With Vernon making it Could be CuJo year.

CuJo, Roenick (or Brind'amour, Tkachuck, the Pierre Turgeon of this year), one women due, Weber

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
I’m guessing with the geopolitical climate no Russians.

Should be no one this year, unless their is a woman or builder.
If they’re letting Russians play in the NHL this season, what’s the rationale from disallowing HoF induction for a Russian?

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
If they’re letting Russians play in the NHL this season, what’s the rationale from disallowing HoF induction for a Russian?
One is much easier, free than the other that could be quite the NHLPA battle and affected owner nightmare.

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
Not easy to put Damphousse above Roenick, Fleury or Andreychuck for me, Andreychuck scored 38 goals in 1983 and was playing big minute on a cup winner in 2004, while having similar kind of prime.

Maybe Damphousse has a good argument for all-around, center-winger versatility and being arguably the best forward of a cup winner to have the better career and be a better player, but in term of claim to fame and written hockey history, Roenick-Fleury-Mogilny have more an HHOF aura to me and I am not sure if they should be in.

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
Isn't Turgeon a decent comparable for Damphousse getting in?
Decent.

No cup vs Cup could be a good difference for some voters, if the Islanders win in 1993 with Turgeon not getting hurt as their best forward, he would have not waited.

On the other way around Turgeon had the over 500 goals and being player with the most points (by more than 100pts) not in the HOF going for him.

What about Elias and Damphousse as comparable ?, Elias 1025 pts for when he played are not worst than 1205, Elias won 1 more cup but had better teams. Versatile that could play wing or center well, could take defensive type responsibility.

Elias peaked higher probably (or the 2000-2004 was that much easier to make a top 10 than 1990-1994), played less games and did not play for 3 Canadians franchises, it is an other one that it is not easy to put Damphousse ahead automatically for me.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I wish it was revealed which committee member voted for whom etc. The baseball HOF reveals these things.

My predictions:

Marleau
Weber
Datsyuk
Roenick

Here are the first time eligible players:

Datsyuk
Kovalchuk
Weber
Marleau
Backes
Miiko Koivu
Zajac
Hjalmarsson

Marleau would be in a tie with Dick Duff & Kevin Lowe for worst selection of all time. I hope to God they dont pick him just because hes the answer to a trivia question.

Would be nice they finally inducted Rod Brind'Amour and Jere Lehtinen. It's criminal that Carbonneau has been inducted yet those two are still waiting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad