OT: 2024 HF Hawks Prospect Vote #1

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

#1 Prospect

• Oliver Moore

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sam Rinzel

• Roman Kantserov

• Ryan Greene

• Lukas Reichel

• Wyatt Kaiser

• Gavin Hayes

• Marek Vanacker

• Paul Ludwinski

• Nick Lardis

• Nolan Allan

• Adam Gajan

• Drew Commesso

• Isaak Phillips

• Total voters

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Well lets get this thing going. I am at work and I am bored. Lets start. I am going to leave off Bedard because thats obvious. Everyone else is fair game in my opinion. Even Reichel, he's still developing.

I was between Nazar and Levshunov. Voted Levshunov.

Last edited:
Reactions: hawksrule

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I have always viewed it as Calder eligible for a prospect. Neither are....
I can change if other people agree.

I don't think Korchinski surviving 76 games on a garbage team gives a true picture of what he is, so to me he is still a prospect. I think in general the rules shouldn't be as arbitrary, so the Calder has defined rules, but giving nuance to it, I still think he qualifies for this specific vote.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO

I don't think Korchinski surviving 76 games on a garbage team gives a true picture of what he is, so to me he is still a prospect. I think in general the rules shouldn't be as arbitrary, so the Calder has defined rules, but giving nuance to it, I still think he qualifies for this specific vote.
Jaycob Megna, with a sincerest of apologies, says keep him on the list.

Reactions: bwana63 and TLEH

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

I know from past ones they always have to be Calder eligible which is why I didn't include either in our overall pool. If people think they should be included that's fine, no issue there, we just need to be consistent with it.

Reactions: Muffinalt and TLEH

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I think the "Pronman" Criteria is generally what gets used for the sake of a uniform definition. So Korchinski, Reichel, Kaiser, Phillips wouldn't apply.

For our purposes, a prospect is defined as a player who has 25 or fewer regular season games played during the last NHL season, or 50 or fewer career NHL regular season games played – not the same as Calder Trophy requirements.... The age cutoff is 26 years old, as of September 15th.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
I think the "Pronman" Criteria is generally what gets used for the sake of a uniform definition. So Korchinski, Reichel, Kaiser wouldn't apply.
Which is different from Wheeler's. When Reichel was sent back to Rockford, he included him on his final list for the season.

Criteria

To be eligible for inclusion, a skater must:

1. Be under 23 years old. We know that by the time a player turns 23, he is largely done with the steep upward progression we see in prospects and will begin to plateau.
  2. Not be a full-time NHL player. This is the arbitrary section of the criteria. Here, I trust my judgment for whether or not a rostered NHL player is still likely to bounce between levels more than I trust any pre-determined games played cutoff. Preference for inclusion as an NHL prospect is more likely to be given to teenagers than 22-year-olds.
  3. Either be signed to an NHL contract or selected in the entry draft, without the expiration of either of those rights. Players who are signed to AHL contracts are not considered.

ozzzie19

May 13, 2015
An argument to keep KK on the list is the only reason he was in the NHL last year was because he had maxed out his development in the CHL. If he was the exact same player but came from college or was AHL-eligible, then he wouldn’t have played more than a handful of games in the NHL and would likely be Calder eligible and within the Pronman guidelines. I know this a leap of an IF, but there is logic there.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Which is different from Wheeler's. When Reichel was sent back to Rockford, he included him on his final list for the season.

Criteria

To be eligible for inclusion, a skater must:

1. Be under 23 years old. We know that by the time a player turns 23, he is largely done with the steep upward progression we see in prospects and will begin to plateau.
  2. Not be a full-time NHL player. This is the arbitrary section of the criteria. Here, I trust my judgment for whether or not a rostered NHL player is still likely to bounce between levels more than I trust any pre-determined games played cutoff. Preference for inclusion as an NHL prospect is more likely to be given to teenagers than 22-year-olds.
  3. Either be signed to an NHL contract or selected in the entry draft, without the expiration of either of those rights. Players who are signed to AHL contracts are not considered.
Yeah, I think Number 2 is the big issue with Wheeler's criteria. He admits it's arbitrary and hence it removes objectivity and produces weird outcomes that lead to issues as a useful measure, like Benson = Prospect, Bedard = No Prospect.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Is Korchinski an absolute lock for the roster this year?
If I were handicapping, I'd say about 90-95 % to start the season in the NHL. He has an inside track having spent an entire season up, and the avoidance of the appearance of regression/demotion which could frustrate the player. Even though Kaiser and Del Mastro are older, they are more in the status quo in terms of starting in the AHL and having to come up when the opportunity presents itself. Another reason I hate the CHL Transfer Agreement and would have preferred him going back to Juniors given that it does exist.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
If I were handicapping, I'd say about 90-95 % to start the season in the NHL. He has an inside track having spent an entire season up, and the avoidance of the appearance of regression/demotion which could frustrate the player. Even though Kaiser and Del Mastro are older, they are more in the status quo in terms of starting in the AHL and having to come up when the opportunity presents itself. Another reason I hate the CHL Transfer Agreement and would have preferred him going back to Juniors given that it does exist.
I mean I would say the odds are definitely in his favor but there are like 4 LD that could feasibly take that spot and I would say he is in the lead but Kaiser, EDM are right there with him. He's got the inside track, but I wouldn't call it a lock.

Regardless, Vlasic has played only 21 more games than him at the NHL level and isn't on the list, because he is an absolute lock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad