Prospect Info: 2024 HF Hawks Prospect Rankings - #6

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is the #6 prospect in Blackhawks system

• Colton Dach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gavin Hayes

• Martin Misiak

• John Mustard

• Jack Pridham

• A.J. Spellacy

• Victor Stjernborg

• Other (Specify in thread)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
#1 = D Artyom Levshunov (70.4%)
HF Blackhawks #1 Prospect Vote Thread

#2 = C Frank Nazar (91%)
HF Blackhawks #2 Prospect Vote Thread

#3 = C Oliver Moore (62.2%)
HF Blackhawks #3 Prospect Vote Thread

#4 = D Sam Rinzel (62.7%)
HF Blackhawks #4 Prospect Vote Thread

#5 = C Sacha Boisvert (32.5%)
HF Blackhawks #5 Prospect Vote Thread

The #5 vote was first close one with 4 different prospects getting 15 or more votes (Boisvert, EDM, Kantserov and Vanacker) but Sacha Boisvert emerged as the top vote getter

Now onto #6

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
At best he's Brent Seabrook. It's extremely unlikely but he's got every tool outside of wheels.
Eh.. this isn't Rinzel we're talking about here or even Levshunov. EDM is big, mean and has good hockey sense. But he isn't a great skater, his shot is average, his vision on the ice is below average and his passing, although underrated, isn't great especially in transition. I like him but all these tools with him I just don't see.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Boisvert has a good shot. I haven’t seen it live obviously but he is alleged to be a goal scorer. Can people elaborate why they think otherwise?

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Eh.. this isn't Rinzel we're talking about here or even Levshunov. EDM is big, mean and has good hockey sense. But he isn't a great skater, his shot is average, his vision on the ice is below average and his passing, although underrated, isn't great especially in transition. I like him but all these tools with him I just don't see.
He's a slightly above average skater who doesn't have a bomb of a shot but he can wire it with decent vision. On tools alone he isn't Rinzel but on tools alone Rinzel has more upside than anybody not named Bedard.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
He's a slightly above average skater who doesn't have a bomb of a shot but he can wire it with decent vision. On tools alone he isn't Rinzel but on tools alone Rinzel has more upside than anybody not named Bedard.

Well that goes without saying and that's my point. I can understand the Boisvert votes. EDM though, I just can't unless you just rather vote on the floor of a player.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Like a bigger Max Domi is a good pick at eighteen. He doesn't have that innate psycho that being Tie's kid gives you but when you're that much bigger and stronger it's something. Boisvert has good hands and he's really creative. I get not liking him but saying he doesn't have offensive upside is flat out wrong.

Reactions: Sinbad

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Like a bigger Max Domi is a good pick at eighteen. He doesn't have that innate psycho that being Tie's kid gives you but when you're that much bigger and stronger it's something. Boisvert has good hands and he's really creative. I get not liking him but saying he doesn't have offensive upside is flat out wrong.
What kind of offensive upside are you seeing? Top 6 production?

I think there's 3rd line scoring potential, but nothing more.

For me it's gimped by the fact that he has no motor or consistency, and I've never once seen him successfully pull off the dangles or 1 v 3 situations he puts himself in.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
What kind of offensive upside are you seeing? Top 6 production?

I think there's 3rd line scoring potential, but nothing more.

For me it's gimped by the fact that he has no motor or consistency, and I've never once seen him successfully pull off the dangles or 1 v 3 situations he puts himself in.
He definitely has a motor. The stupid not working at higher levels is an argument I can definitely get behind. I don't see a ton of upside but a 20/20 guy with an edge I can very easily see.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
He definitely has a motor. The stupid not working at higher levels is an argument I can definitely get behind. I don't see a ton of upside but a 20/20 guy with an edge I can very easily see.
I think he can reach this while having that one great season nobody knows why and everything is working out perfect for him.

I like his chances and upside to make it and be a solid middle-6 guy.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Like a bigger Max Domi is a good pick at eighteen. He doesn't have that innate psycho that being Tie's kid gives you but when you're that much bigger and stronger it's something.

His dad was a kick boxing and taekwondo champion and the kid boxes himself and shows a "don't f*** with me" streak on the ice. Trust me, he's plenty psycho.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I’m definitely curious what the scouting report on Vlasic from some was before he broke out last year. I seem to remember several questions about his skating as well as his ability to move the puck.

If EDM comes into camp and has improved his skating a bit more, it’ll be hard to deny him. You’d ideally want to pair him with a puck transitioner anyways since his speciality is to shutdown the opposition, even if he has improved in other facets of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad