GDT: 2024 Free Agency - July 1st - 12 P.M.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
I still think we'll see another move or two to bolster the forward group; we clearly wanted top six scoring help with us being in on Marchessault & Stamkos, there's no way Fitz or anyone in the organization views Noesen as that guy.

We can clear cap if needed; MacDermid can be buried, we could even look to trade Siegenthaler/Bastian to free up some money if necessary. I don't think we're looking at the finished product just yet. Palat is probably a buyout candidate next year unless he drastically rebounds.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
The Hurricanes and Rangers are getting worse this season and half of the Devils fans' opinions I see are that we didnt do enough

I would say its greed and/or delusion... but I think its actually just bullshit and nobody really believes these things lol

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
How are the Rangers worse, cause they punted Goodrow? Eh...they might even upgrade by punting Trouba :P

If anything he might have just prevented them from splurging on another shitty deal themselves though.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Wenneberg, Henrique, Tarasenko are still there. I believe Fitz is cooking.

He's already cooked up an inspired first course and a majestic main course. Let's see if he can earn the Michelin star with his flamboyant dessert.

wow-thats-incredible-gordon-ramsay.gif

Reactions: My3Sons and Guadana

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
There’s room for about
I still think we'll see another move or two to bolster the forward group; we clearly wanted top six scoring help with us being in on Marchessault & Stamkos, there's no way Fitz or anyone in the organization views Noesen as that guy.

We can clear cap if needed; MacDermid can be buried, we could even look to trade Siegenthaler/Bastian to free up some money if necessary. I don't think we're looking at the finished product just yet. Palat is probably a buyout candidate next year unless he drastically reboun

Assuming Mercer makes 3.25, there’s room for one more UFA at around the same amount. More if the Devils plan on burying MacDermid in the AHL to start the year.

Unfortunately, any addition is going to have to be of the same caliber as Noesen, unless the Devils can get someone like Tarasenko or Henrique to sign cheap.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Send Bastian (retain a % of salary that gets him to league min) and either a 3rd or 2nd round pick in 2025 to Colorado for Ross Colton.

Frees up over 3 mill for Colorado who needs it and then gives them a forward for the 4th line.

Seems like a win win. If they dont want the player then send picks.

Im not sure how they say no they have 11 forwards and 300k and space lmao

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

We can clear cap if needed; MacDermid can be buried, we could even look to trade Siegenthaler/Bastian to free up some money if necessary. I don't think we're looking at the finished product just yet. Palat is probably a buyout candidate next year unless he drastically rebounds.
Were we really in on Marchessault/Stamkos?

I'm not saying we weren't. I'm having a hard time following and keeping up with all of this. Not to mention that this board has been up and down starting with game 7 last Monday, then the draft, then for the first few hours of the signing period today.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I do find it amusing people are talking about burying MacDermid in the minors as if that's really gonna happen with a guy Fitz JUST gave a three-year deal. If he is, that was clearly even more of a moronic signing than most of us assumed at the time.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Were we really in on Marchessault/Stamkos?

I'm not saying we weren't. I'm having a hard time following and keeping up with all of this. Not to mention that this board has been up and down starting with game 7 last Monday, then the draft, then for the first few hours of the signing period today.
Yes, we were reported as the front runner for Marchessault and “in on” Stamkos until around 11am when Nashville swooped in and started throwing money around.

Edit: Sorry on mobile

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wennberg got 2x5 from the Sharks. That's nuts.
Not sure what they're doing over there between this and Toffoli. I guess I could understand this, especially if it gets them to the cap floor. But Toffoli?

It feels like they're just trying not to finish 32nd again.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
How are the Rangers worse, cause they punted Goodrow? Eh...they might even upgrade by punting Trouba :P

If anything he might have just prevented them from splurging on another shitty deal themselves though.
Because their team overachieved in the regular season and they now are wasting the final year before Shestyorkins deal to try and offload Trouba

They get worse by not adding or replacing some guys

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Not sure what they're doing over there between this and Toffoli. I guess I could understand this, especially if it gets them to the cap floor. But Toffoli?

It feels like they're just trying not to finish 32nd again.

Toffoli must have jumped for joy when he heard Grier was on the phone with his agent.

24 million dollars to fart around, score some goals, go surf every day. Living the life.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And even though Carolina got worse I'll believe them being irrelevant when I see it. They never do enough to be one of the big fish but they always seem to moneyball themselves into relevance like a Brewers-Rays type MLB team. I also don't believe the ENTIRE East is going to be garbage again, especially if you're buying the 'Rangers and Canes being worse' line, it's not like us and the Rangers will have 110 points and everyone else 75 or lower, someone will inevitably bubble up - maybe Pittsburgh or the Isles' vets.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad