Speculation: 2024-25 Roster thread

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Gauthier-Carlsson-Fabbri
Vatrano-McTavish-Terry
Killorn-Zegras-Strome

I think that's what I would go for with the top 9 after the Fabbri trade, spreads out the offense pretty well.

• Wow
Reactions: some

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Gauthier-Carlsson-Fabbri
Vatrano-McTavish-Terry
Killorn-Zegras-Strome

I think that's what I would go for with the top 9 after the Fabbri trade, spreads out the offense pretty well.
I think that could work. I'm curious to see the chemistry. McTavish-Terry has had some hiccups, but it also hasn't been given a long leash.

4th line:
Regenda/Nesterenko - Lundestrom - Leason

So many lefties.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Gauthier-Carlsson-Fabbri
Vatrano-McTavish-Terry
Killorn-Zegras-Strome

Do we really want to saddle Carlsson in his second year (first full year, hopefully) with a rookie and a career bottom 6er?

Reactions: Yemeth

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Still think a Laine trade makes sense. Maybe even involving Vatrano and Lacombe at this point but as of now I'd go-

Gauthier-Carlsson-Killorn
Fabbri-Mctavish-Terry
Vatrano-Zegras-Strome
Regenda-Lundestrom-Leason

Or

Vatrano-Carlsson-Killorn
Fabbri-Mctavish-Terry
Gauthier-Zegras-Strome

My main objective with the current group of forwards is pairing the 2 best shooters (Cutter/Frankie) with Leo and Z.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Do we really want to saddle Carlsson in his second year (first full year, hopefully) with a rookie and a career bottom 6er?
Didn't Ryan Getzlaf play with Corey Perry (56 games played) and Dustin Penner (19 games played) in his second year? I think Travis Moen and Todd Marchant (both career bottom 6ers) also spent some time on that line during the season.

Getzlaf was a bit older, but I don't think they're hurting Carlsson if they believe that much in him (and in Gauthier). And Fabbri is a veteran - he'd be fine on that line.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Gauthier/Carlsson and McTavish/Terry are the pairings I think they are pushing. Vatrano will get top 6 minutes and so will Killorn if they don't add anyone else.

Gauthier-Carlsson-Killorn
Vatrano-McTavish-Terry
Fabbri-Zegras-Strome
Harkins-Lundestrom-Leason

Reactions: dracom

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Essentially running it back with the same squad.

We are in for it this season
Same squad if Zegras, Leo, and McTavish miss a bunch of games. Same squad if Gauthier is in SD. Same squad if new PP coach is a clone of Newell Brown. Same squad if Fowler is still playing almost half of the game. Same squad if none of the young guys improve. Same squad if Gibson is still #1.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Didn't Ryan Getzlaf play with Corey Perry (56 games played) and Dustin Penner (19 games played) in his second year? I think Travis Moen and Todd Marchant (both career bottom 6ers) also spent some time on that line during the season.

Getzlaf was a bit older, but I don't think they're hurting Carlsson if they believe that much in him (and in Gauthier). And Fabbri is a veteran - he'd be fine on that line.
Getzlaf wasn’t the 1C at that point though, he was playing 15 minutes per game, 7th in TOI/G for forwards and 11th in ESTOI/G. That could be an ok sheltered 2nd line, but like every other part of the team, we still have too many players slotted above where they should be.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I think that could work. I'm curious to see the chemistry. McTavish-Terry has had some hiccups, but it also hasn't been given a long leash.

4th line:
Regenda/Nesterenko - Lundestrom - Leason

So many lefties.
I think Vatrano McTavish Terry was producing well until McTavish rearranged Terry’s face with his shoulder, and then Cronin never put the line back together.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California

Considering most of the players I listed didn't play together for a variety of reasons, I would say not the same squad. Gauthier-Carlsson-Killorn has an new player and Carlsson is healthy with more experience. Vatrano-McTavish-Terry will have a healthy McTavish and Terry showed chemistry with McTavish before injuries. Fabbri-Zegras-Strome has a new player and Zegras starting the year at center healthy. Harkins-Lundestrom-Leason has a new player and Lundestrom is healthy to start the year.

Furthermore, all the players have now had time to work with the new system and coach. There is a new PP coach which should help. And there's the potential that PV adds more because there's still a whole summer left. I think the team will be clearly better than last season. But without more top end additions, probably not a playoff team

Reactions: 2faded

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Growth of the youths and new rookie(s). If we're to dig ourselves out from the bottom, then it's via the youths and rookie(s). It's kinda exciting to see the evolution of Mac, Carlsson, Zegras finding his groove back, and Cutter's debut! Maybe we got a gem in Colangelo.

Although, there are some things I am concerned about such as our FO situations, our ES offense (which is more on the coaching staff than players), and our health (which is more on the staff than players). And if we're still being run down again this year like last year (full practice before a game), then we're going to commit just as many penalties as last year.

I'm not searching for the team to make the playoffs, but I am looking for progress from the previous season. We struck out last season, but Verbeek "feels" good about it b/c it's his guys at the helm now - which is very, very odd.

Reactions: Deuce22

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
Same squad if Zegras, Leo, and McTavish miss a bunch of games. Same squad if Gauthier is in SD. Same squad if new PP coach is a clone of Newell Brown. Same squad if Fowler is still playing almost half of the game. Same squad if none of the young guys improve. Same squad if Gibson is still #1.
Gibson was good before he stopped giving a shit last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad