GDT: 2024 Free agency frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
My Wish.

Reichel and ? (Toronto 1st or Prospect?) for Pinto signed

Bertuzzi-Bedard-Tuevo
Hall-Pinto-Nazar
Kurashev-Dickinson-Mikheyev
Anthanasiou-Donato-Foligno

Vlasic-Jones
Korchinski-Martinez
Del Mastro-Murphy
Phillips

Mrazek
Stolarz

Thats a very solid team.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
What would you trade?
If Pinto had an extension in place, I'd probably trade a lottery-protected 1st and a prospect in the 8-10 range. He's 23, plays a valued position (center), fits the rebuild timeline, and his PPG numbers went up from his rookie season. Guy is a serious playmaker. He had 15 assists in a full season his rookie year, and 18 last year in half the games.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
If Pinto had an extension in place, I'd probably trade a lottery-protected 1st and a prospect in the 8-10 range. He's 23, plays a valued position (center), fits the rebuild timeline, and his PPG numbers went up from his rookie season. Guy is a serious playmaker. He had 15 assists in a full season his rookie year, and 18 last year in half the games.
you think it could get done with something like Toronto's 1st+prospect?

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
If CHI is adding Martinez, I think Korchinski starts the year in Rockford. EDM/Kaiser will start on the third pair.

I'm good with it.

Fans carp about Korchinski being rushed, but the choice was another season in the WHL or with the Hawks. That's it, zero wiggle room. In that context, the Hawks' choice was understandable. Now that they have degrees of freedom, there's absolutely no impetus to rush him.

Reactions: Pile

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
you think it could get done with something like Toronto's 1st+prospect?
I'm not really sure. He'd be pretty coveted, but we have more cap flexibility than most. He would garner a ton of interest. I think our first would be more enticing obviously because it's more likely to hover low-to-mid-round than Toronto who is clearly a playoff team. That's why I said our first with protection.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012

Am I crazy or is that not very many assists?
So far he looks like a 40pt player and not what I'd slot into 2c.
Maybe 3c.

I would be leery about giving up too much.

Reactions: belfour30

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
I'm not really sure. He'd be pretty coveted, but we have more cap flexibility than most. He would garner a ton of interest. I think our first would be more enticing obviously because it's more likely to hover low-to-mid-round than Toronto who is clearly a playoff team. That's why I said our first with protection.
More than likely it ends up being the 2026 1st unprotected and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that.

emeyezee

Jul 1, 2015
This is a stupid question, but if someone gets traded from a Florida team to another team, do they now have to pay state taxes?

Like if I get traded from the Panthers to the Blackhawks do I now get paid less money?

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Am I crazy or is that not very many assists?
So far he looks like a 40pt player and not what I'd slot into 2c.
Maybe 3c.

I would be leery about giving up too much.
He produced decently in Ottawa which is a bit of a gongshow.

In his first full season, he went 20-15-35 in 82 games.

In 41 games last season, he went 9-18-27. So in theory, he was pacing for 54 points had he not had to serve a suspension.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I'm good with it.

Fans carp about Korchinski being rushed, but the choice was another season in the WHL or with the Hawks. That's it, zero wiggle room. In that context, the Hawks' choice was understandable. Now that they have degrees of freedom, there's absolutely no impetus to rush him.

I'm one of those fans. It wasn't understandable. There was absolutely no harm in sending Korchinski back to the WHL.

The options were, even in December when they could have loaned him to the Canadian WJ team:

1. Continue to let him get caved in at the NHL level while barely showing anything offensively or in transition.

2. Send him back to Junior, where he would have been one of the best D in the CHL, had a starring role on the Canadian WJ team and another deep playoff run.

Option two seems like a better choice for a player you envision as a big part of the team going forward.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
This is a stupid question, but if someone gets traded from a Florida team to another team, do they now have to pay state taxes?

Like if I get traded from the Panthers to the Blackhawks do I now get paid less money?
Yes. If you were working for a company and transferred jobs to stay but moved to Florida from Chicago for example, you'd probably be getting a raise and no state tax. He'd get paid the same contract but pay the government less.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
If Pinto requires a 1st I would bow out. A young guy maybe they're down on. From Reichel to Kaiser or Allan. I'd do. Noy with a 1st attached. I don't think I'd even do a 2nd WITH a guy like that

Reactions: Malaka and Mrfenn92

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Pinto is also an idiot who got suspended for half a season and f***ed up bad enough he has no desire for anyone to know what he did.
You would have to do a character evaluation by getting to know the player and talk to his agent (Lewis Gross). Maybe even talk to folks at North Dakota. He wouldn't be in hockey if he was betting on the NHL (see; Jontay Porter's NBA ban). While no one on HFBoards knows with certainty, he probably did something foolish like bet on NFL or March Madness when the league had a zero tolerance policy. It happened to Jameson Williams too. It's inexcusable when the leagues tell you what you can and cannot do, but he's a talented kid who the NHL felt deserved a second chance.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
I'm guessing Ottawa would be looking for a roster player in exchange for Pinto. Josh Norris is a huge question mark with his shoulder and have only 7 forwards under contract.

They made their move for a goalie(Ullmark) and want to compete for a playoff spot.

Playoffs? Cue the Jim Mora video.

HagelsBagels

Apr 24, 2021
Nashville, TN
I'm all for the Blackhawks being better next year but blowing money this offseason with Seth Jones still on the books for the foreseeable future and Bedard needing to be paid soon seems like a big mistake for a team nowhere near competing.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I'm all for the Blackhawks being better next year but blowing money this offseason with Seth Jones still on the books for the foreseeable future and Bedard needing to be paid soon seems like a big mistake for a team nowhere near competing.
Maybe they have plans to move out cap and they have some retained money that should come off next year or two like McCabe, agree though that they shouldn't go crazy this year at all...fix Bedard's line and to hell with the rest of it

Seems pretty heavy advantage to Rangers than

Cup contender and can pay him as much as Hawks
seems likely that he's going to get 7 years of term at 6.75m per or something like that, was hoping for 6x6 if Hawks went that route

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad