Prospect Info: 2024 Entry Draft Thread - Let's Talk About Picks, Bay-bee

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
Whats the scouting report on him ? Ive seen several people hype him up but looking at his stats what pops out is first of all his height at 6’6 and penalty minutes at 103 in the Swedish minor league to boot .

From what I’ve read
Pros: big, mean, solid skater for size.
Cons: needs to think game better.

He probably won’t last that long due to potential but he doesn’t seem like a bad 3rd or 4th round pick.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

Hoven's draft predictions.

Tl;dr version (with some of my own assumptions):
- Kaliyev gone
- Fagemo a possibility out if a deal's there. Would be nice to get a 5th or something for Roy's rights
- Don't expect them to trade up
- if they trade a pick for a player, they're more likely to offer up their 2025 first than this year's.
- Likely list of top candidates (putting them in tiers based on Yannetti speaking of tiers and with how Hoven presented some of the info in the article::

Solberg/Letourneau/Luchanko/Greentree look like the most likely candidates.

But if they get extra picks/trade back, they also seem to be interested in Brandsegg-Nygard, Boisvert, Emery, Parascak, Beaudoin, Hage

IMO, all things being equal, I think they'd target Solberg first. There seems to be a lot more forwards in the mix - so if they can get a high-end defenseman, I'd assume they'd use that rationale. It's similar to when they picked Bjornfot.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Have fun!

Only time I went was when it was in LA. We sat right in front of Charlie Coyle. And we were at an angle to see what name placard was grabbed before the name was announced. So my buddy spoiled it to Coyle beforehand that San Jose was going to pick him.

Poor kid was so confused, as he didn't know how we knew.

I also wished I thought to stop my buddy. I didn't consider it may have ruined the moment for Coyle.
Mark Pysyk's Dad asked me to take a picture of his family right outside of Trader Vics that night, kid was still wearing his Sabres jersey and hat

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ

- Kaliyev gone
- Fagemo a possibility out if a deal's there. Would be nice to get a 5th or something for Roy's rights
- if they trade a pick for a player, they're more likely to offer up their 2025 first than this year's.
- Likely list of top candidates (putting them in tiers based on Yannetti speaking of tiers and with how Hoven presented some of the info in the article::

But if they get extra picks/trade back, they also seem to be interested in Brandsegg-Nygard, Boisvert, Emery, Parascak, Beaudoin, Hage

IMO, all things being equal, I think they'd target Solberg first. There seems to be a lot more forwards in the mix - so if they can get a high-end defenseman, I'd assume they'd use that rationale. It's similar to when they picked Bjornfot.
I think out of 4 main Kings draft candidates (Greentree, Letourneau, Solberg and Luchanko) only Letourneau will be available…

Reactions: deaderhead28

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Re: EJ Emery.

Not my fave at #21 OA....mainly due to better high end talent that should be at 21.
And the fact EJ does not have much of an offensive game, although moves pucks out of the zone well.

That said, Faber didn't have much of an offensive game, either in the NTDP

EJ's stats last few years. The plus 15 at U18 is tied with defenseman Hutson and next highest defenseman was 7....they must have been paired and were dynamic. Although it was Hutson, putting up 13 pts! Would love LHD Hutson in rd 2 or 3, if the Kings could get a pick.
2022-23
undefined flag
U.S. National U17 Team
NTDP602101228-
undefined flag
USNTDP Juniors
USHL39189229Playoffs301101
undefined flag
USA U17
WHC-1771124-
2023-24
undefined flag
U.S. National U18 Team
NTDP61016166134
undefined flag
USNTDP Juniors
USHL27066305
undefined flag
USA U18
WJC-187066015

NOW...Faber's last 2 yrs with NTDP

Conclusion. Faber is #1 PP and will be putting up 40+ points for 12+ years.
This does not mean that Emery will emerge into a 30+ point defenseman, but he may well
develop offense, over the next few years at North Dakota. Just a thought.

Also consider Emery may end up being 6'4" 210 and can really skate, has acute IQ defensively and really adept at shutting down in his zone. I'm down, if they take him at 21....but still prefer Hage or Luchanko at 21.
EJ is similar to Alex Vlasic

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT

- Kaliyev gone

I think out of 4 main Kings draft candidates (Greentree, Letourneau, Solberg and Luchanko) only Letourneau will be available…
I think there is a decent-high chance at least two of those 4 are available. Most likely, the first two.

Celebrini, Demidov, Buium, Yakemchuk, Parekh, Iginla, Sennecke, Catton, Levshyunov, Silayev, Lindstrom, Dickinson, and Helenius will be 100% gone in no particular order. After that Nygard seems to be everywhere ranked around #15 so 90% to be gone. After that it is extremely tough to know how the next picks go.

The following six could include any mix of: Luchanko, Hage, Greentree, Solberg, Jiricek, Chernyshkov, Boisvert, Beaudoin, Eiserman, Connelly, etc. Usually always an outlier or two also in there.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Re: EJ Emery.

Not my fave at #21 OA....mainly due to better high end talent that should be at 21.
And the fact EJ does not have much of an offensive game, although moves pucks out of the zone well.

That said, Faber didn't have much of an offensive game, either in the NTDP

EJ's stats last few years. The plus 15 at U18 is tied with defenseman Hutson and next highest defenseman was 7....they must have been paired and were dynamic. Although it was Hutson, putting up 13 pts! Would love LHD Hutson in rd 2 or 3, if the Kings could get a pick.

NOW...Faber's last 2 yrs with NTDP

Conclusion. Faber is #1 PP and will be putting up 40+ points for 12+ years.
This does not mean that Emery will emerge into a 30+ point defenseman, but he may well
develop offense, over the next few years at North Dakota. Just a thought.

Also consider Emery may end up being 6'4" 210 and can really skate, has acute IQ defensively and really adept at shutting down in his zone. I'm down, if they take him at 21....but still prefer Hage or Luchanko at 21.
I like Emery and he has a pretty high floor for what he is and I think we are picking in the correct range for him. I like Hage but know a little less about him, but from what I have learned there are flaws in his game but most of them are coachable ones. So for me he has a slightly lower floor but a much higher ceiling. He’d be my first choice between the two but it’s close. Luchanko, I like what I’ve read but haven’t had time to watch him.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007

- Kaliyev gone

I really do like seeing Nabokov's name in that list. I know it's by no means the official target list, but you know he's heard at least some chatter. Sure do wish Shuravin was in there as well but it is what it is.

Reactions: King'sPawn

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I really do like seeing Nabokov's name in that list. I know it's by no means the official target list, but you know he's heard at least some chatter. Sure do wish Shuravin was in there as well but it is what it is.
Yeah, Hoven's generally as skeptical about the Kings drafting Russians as me. And while sometimes I'll message him "hey, have you heard the Kings associated with this guy?" Nabokov was completely independent.

There were only two in the middle/late list I asked about. He does his homework and calls around. So, him having this extensive list is more telling to me.

FWIW, while there's reason to believe this list is reliable, it's not all-inclusive. I bring this up, because even though Shuravin isn't on our list as a possible candidate, it doesn't mean the Kings lack interest. Just that we have reasons to believe the players listed above are on the Kings radar.

Letourneau has fallen hard this year, I wouldn't use a first on him, as big as I was on him before
I was disappointed in seeing Letourneau listed that high. Always wary of people bullying lesser competition, but you know, it worked out for Makar.

Greentree is one of those high-skill forwards with urgency issues, not too different from Kaliyev; that worries me. But I'm pretty sure I've compared him to Carter - he worked out.

So I'm hoping for Solberg or Luchanko, based off of this list. Of course, I'll obviously root for whoever they take and hope for growth.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
Yeah, Hoven's generally as skeptical about the Kings drafting Russians as me. And while sometimes I'll message him "hey, have you heard the Kings associated with this guy?" Nabokov was completely independent.

There were only two in the middle/late list I asked about. He does his homework and calls around. So, him having this extensive list is more telling to me.

FWIW, while there's reason to believe this list is reliable, it's not all-inclusive. I bring this up, because even though Shuravin isn't on our list as a possible candidate, it doesn't mean the Kings lack interest. Just that we have reasons to believe the players listed above are on the Kings radar.

I was disappointed in seeing Letourneau listed that high. Always wary of people bullying lesser competition, but you know, it worked out for Makar.

Greentree is one of those high-skill forwards with urgency issues, not too different from Kaliyev; that worries me. But I'm pretty sure I've compared him to Carter - he worked out.

So I'm hoping for Solberg or Luchanko, based off of this list. Of course, I'll obviously root for whoever they take and hope for growth.
While Shuravin certainly fits the "worry" profile for Russians and the Kings, Nabakov seems like less of a worry just because of his age. Less development needed for him, and he would definitely fit a timeline of 1-2 years for the Kings better that an 18-year old defenseman.

Appreciate all your insight this time of year KP.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad