Prospect Info: 2024 Entry Draft Thread - Let's Talk About Picks, Bay-bee

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
This is definitely Captain Obvious stuff here, but I can't help but think one of these things happens on Friday going most hopeful to least:

1. The Kings trade AK and the 21st to drop a few spots and pick up some extra picks in the 2nd/3rd round.
2. The Kings trade AK and the 21st to move up a few spots and get a guy they really REALLY like.
3. The Kings trade AK and the 21st to another team for a ~28-31 year old player to fill out an open spot at either LD or wing.

That 3rd one is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the list of what I'd want..but it seem like something they'd do.
In order of likeliness, I'm ranking them as 1, 3, 2.

I think it's a major longshot they move up.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
In order of likeliness, I'm ranking them as 1, 3, 2.

I think it's a major longshot they move up.
Agreed. Short of some guy who dropped that they're VERY VERY high on...and he's 2-3 spots ahead of them, I can't see it really happening. I think it was Yanetti that said they'd really like to pick up a couple of more picks right? Only one way for them to do that...

Reactions: King'sPawn

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I've soured a bit on Emery lately. If Solberg is gone, i'd go Boisvert, Hage.....and Emery (if that's the 3 options considered).

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
This is definitely Captain Obvious stuff here, but I can't help but think one of these things happens on Friday going most hopeful to least:

1. The Kings trade AK and the 21st to drop a few spots and pick up some extra picks in the 2nd/3rd round.
2. The Kings trade AK and the 21st to move up a few spots and get a guy they really REALLY like.
3. The Kings trade AK and the 21st to another team for a ~28-31 year old player to fill out an open spot at either LD or wing.

That 3rd one is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the list of what I'd want..but it seem like something they'd do.
Option 1 is the best one here. Otherwise stick and try to move AK separately.

Reactions: SmytheKing

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Top 16? Most have a top 17/18 who are your top 16 if I may ask?

Connelly would be the best realistic even semi realistic pick we can make barring one of the top 12 drop (not happening).
I’ve just heard there is a drop after 16. I know the names of the first rounders. I’ve heard it is actually a good defense draft. Just haven’t bothered to go beyond that in my knowledge this year. Hope they can get a deference maker. Seems more likely they come away with another mid nhl player to me. Hope I’m wrong.

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
Round 1 will be on ESPN Fri 6/28 at 4:00pm. Round 2-7 on NHL Network(USA)/ESPN+ Sat 6/29 at 8:30am. Plenty of You Tube channels will also have live draft reactions.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
Option 1 is the best one here. Otherwise stick and try to move AK separately.
I'd prefer it go that way and I really hope it's option 1. Seems like you get better value attaching a young guy to a pick that you've soured on instead of trading him by himself. Never really looked into it, but it's my gut talking.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Would love it if we drafted Solberg and if Kaliyev gets traded take a sure bet on an Emery. He may not be sexy but should play at the NHL level in an entry level deal a year or two as his defensive game is great.

Like Solberg’s physical presence.

For the present I wish that Blake could find a proper number two to slot with Doughty so we could move Anderson down to play with Clarke and Gav with Spence. I still think one of the left shot guys should be an offensive threat just to change the look of things.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
Or they stay at #21 and trade AK for an extra pick (e.g., 3rd rounder).
I like to see the kings see if they can move Kaliyev to a team with a ld who may be in similar situation and upside which I think he does once he gets out of here. If not I'd look for mid to late 2nd

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Where abouts? I mean we’ll all be in the 400 section but where
Have fun!

Only time I went was when it was in LA. We sat right in front of Charlie Coyle. And we were at an angle to see what name placard was grabbed before the name was announced. So my buddy spoiled it to Coyle beforehand that San Jose was going to pick him.

Poor kid was so confused, as he didn't know how we knew.

I also wished I thought to stop my buddy. I didn't consider it may have ruined the moment for Coyle.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Have fun!

Only time I went was when it was in LA. We sat right in front of Charlie Coyle. And we were at an angle to see what name placard was grabbed before the name was announced. So my buddy spoiled it to Coyle beforehand that San Jose was going to pick him.

Poor kid was so confused, as he didn't know how we knew.

I also wished I thought to stop my buddy. I didn't consider it may have ruined the moment for Coyle.
I have a feeling I’ll be surrounded by annoying VGK fans and boy do they love to trash talk for being ex-Kings fans

Reactions: King'sPawn

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
Re: EJ Emery.

Not my fave at #21 OA....mainly due to better high end talent that should be at 21.
And the fact EJ does not have much of an offensive game, although moves pucks out of the zone well.

That said, Faber didn't have much of an offensive game, either in the NTDP

EJ's stats last few years. The plus 15 at U18 is tied with defenseman Hutson and next highest defenseman was 7....they must have been paired and were dynamic. Although it was Hutson, putting up 13 pts! Would love LHD Hutson in rd 2 or 3, if the Kings could get a pick.
2022-23
undefined flag
U.S. National U17 Team
NTDP602101228-
undefined flag
USNTDP Juniors
USHL39189229Playoffs301101
undefined flag
USA U17
WHC-1771124-
2023-24
undefined flag
U.S. National U18 Team
NTDP61016166134
undefined flag
USNTDP Juniors
USHL27066305
undefined flag
USA U18
WJC-187066015

NOW...Faber's last 2 yrs with NTDP

Conclusion. Faber is #1 PP and will be putting up 40+ points for 12+ years.
This does not mean that Emery will emerge into a 30+ point defenseman, but he may well
develop offense, over the next few years at North Dakota. Just a thought.

Also consider Emery may end up being 6'4" 210 and can really skate, has acute IQ defensively and really adept at shutting down in his zone. I'm down, if they take him at 21....but still prefer Hage or Luchanko at 21.

Last edited:

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
If the Kings miss out on Solberg I’d love them to trade down and get extra picks and try and snag Gabriel Eliasson in the later rounds.
Whats the scouting report on him ? Ive seen several people hype him up but looking at his stats what pops out is first of all his height at 6’6 and penalty minutes at 103 in the Swedish minor league to boot .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad