Prospect Info: 2024 Entry Draft Thread - Let's Talk About Picks, Bay-bee

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles

So, I haven't used Redline in a while. And this shit is why. These are kids with a dream. And families who root for them.

I know there are times I'm not as critical or seem like I give fluff analyses, but calling prospects "tin men, scarecrows, and cowardly lions" is just small-dick energy. And politics aside, saying a player "plays with the amount of passion as Melania Trump exhibits standing next to that scrotum dipped in cheeto's dust" is utter trash.

So, when I write my articles, I'll put in areas of improvement. Because in the event one of them reads my articles, I want them to try to improve, and to hear they're not perfect. But the goal isn't to humiliate or make them the butt end of your own tacky jokes.

Just want to give context to why emotional intelligence is so important to writing these pieces.

Yeah that’s trash.

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

CarlSneep

Feb 26, 2023
Yeah, over the line and completely despicable. Anyway, here’s why PLD’s performance last season is on par with human trafficking. First of all,

• Haha
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I know there are times I'm not as critical or seem like I give fluff analyses, but calling prospects "tin men, scarecrows, and cowardly lions" is just small-dick energy. And politics aside, saying a player "plays with the amount of passion as Melania Trump exhibits standing next to that scrotum dipped in cheeto's dust" is utter trash.
You are an awesome person KP and I am proud to call you a friend

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

21. Los Angeles Kings

Kimelman -- Terik Parascak, RW, Prince George (WHL): Parascak's hockey sense is his best attribute and a big reason he was able to lead WHL rookies with 105 points (43 goals, 62 assists) in 68 games despite not having not having overwhelming size (6-1, 179) or speed. He's fearless in traffic and was able to produce from the slot. All the elements of his game that are good now only will get better as the 18-year-old continues to develop physically.

Morreale -- Jett Luchanko: The right-handed shot, is smart and tenacious on pucks, and had 33 power-play points (30 assists) in 68 games. He can play center or wing and finished among the top five in six of 10 on-ice categories at the CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game in January, placing first in reaction with puck and second in transition ability with puck.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
playing with eggs in his pockets and not breaking one is pretty f***in funny though, i'll give him that one

• Haha
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

21. Los Angeles Kings

Kimelman -- Terik Parascak, RW, Prince George (WHL): Parascak's hockey sense is his best attribute and a big reason he was able to lead WHL rookies with 105 points (43 goals, 62 assists) in 68 games despite not having not having overwhelming size (6-1, 179) or speed. He's fearless in traffic and was able to produce from the slot. All the elements of his game that are good now only will get better as the 18-year-old continues to develop physically.

Morreale -- Jett Luchanko: The right-handed shot, is smart and tenacious on pucks, and had 33 power-play points (30 assists) in 68 games. He can play center or wing and finished among the top five in six of 10 on-ice categories at the CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game in January, placing first in reaction with puck and second in transition ability with puck.

I would love either of them or R Lee Emery!

• Haha
Reactions: Ziggy Stardust

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
playing with eggs in his pockets and not breaking one is pretty f***in funny though, i'll give him that one

Heslop must of stole that one from the late Harrold Ballard. He was a quite colourful crusty SOB.

“You could send (Inge) Hammarström into the corner with six eggs in his pocket and he wouldn’t break any of them.”

Reactions: King'sPawn

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Man if Tij Iginla falls to 10 someone better make a human sacrifice to move up
He really did well to boost his stock and dispel some myths.

He was on the Thunderbirds team last year that won the WHL championship. But as it was a loaded team, he barely played.

So when he wanted to get traded, people start having those expected reservations.

Add to this that because he played junior hockey in the Northeast, he was technically supposed to be drafted in the QMJHL. However, because his dad played in the WHL, there's a legacy rule which came into effect.

I bring this all up not to disparage Iginla's character. Just the opposite. Dude has worked his ass off. However, sometimes having these exceptions can give a sense or image of entitlement. And all this, with minimal time of being able to see him play, reduced the hype a bit.

But he's certainly earned it. He was a fun, but unflashy, watch.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan

So, I haven't used Redline in a while. And this shit is why. These are kids with a dream. And families who root for them.

So, when I write my articles, I'll put in areas of improvement. Because in the event one of them reads my articles, I want them to try to improve, and to hear they're not perfect. But the goal isn't to humiliate or make them the butt end of your own tacky jokes.

Just want to give context to why emotional intelligence is so important to writing these pieces.

Sports writers just can't help themselves with constantly making their articles political, it may be even worse in hockey than in any other sport. It's just mind boggling to me how little awareness there is within that profession to the divided ideological breakdown of the country, and thus of their paying customers.

And yes, there are ways to make articles without using terms like that to describe high-school aged players. I know Woodlief was one of the OG's in this business, but that is just a really bad look, IMO.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT

21. Los Angeles Kings

I am all for Parascak. Luchanko I do not think is a "bad" pick, but not what we need. We do not need another mid six likely 3rd liner. Prefer to take a swing on a Connelly, Parascak, Hage, Greentree or Chernyskov from realistic forward options. Solberg, Emery or Jiricek if taking a D. If going with the top-end 3rd liner would prefer someone like Surin as provides a much needed element we lack.

bland

Jul 1, 2004

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I am all for Parascak. Luchanko I do not think is a "bad" pick, but not what we need. We do not need another mid six likely 3rd liner. Prefer to take a swing on a Connelly, Parascak, Hage, Greentree or Chernyskov from realistic forward options. Solberg, Emery or Jiricek if taking a D. If going with the top-end 3rd liner would prefer someone like Surin as provides a much needed element we lack.

I'm on board with all of this.

Seems like there are some realistic and good picks that will be available. Maybe even some home run swings.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca

21. Los Angeles Kings

I like Terik but hesitant due to skating and size. Don’t like Jett that much but I gotta say, great hockey names from both of them.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I like Terik but hesitant due to skating and size. Don’t like Jett that much but I gotta say, great hockey names from both of them.
Parascak is definitely a mixed bag. General mock drafts and scouting services have him ranked in the 20s. But I've seen multiple WHL scouts saying they wouldn't take him earlier than the third round.

He's ranked:
No 20 by HockeyProspect
No 25 by DraftPro
No 36 by EliteProspects
No 77 by Future Considerations

The skating and size are definitely the two obstacles he needs to overcome. But hitting triple digits as an undersized, slow-skating rookie (while being 8th overall in league scoring) just goes to show how intelligent and skilled he is.

Keep in mind he was also tied for second overall in the league in shorthanded points (8 total - 4 G, 4 A). So, he was one of the best penalty-killing forwards in the league (and it's not like he sacrificed Prince George's penalty kill - they were the 7th best team on the PK). And he just turned 18 two weeks ago.

I know I voted for Emery in the Team Board Mock Draft, but that's mostly because he has a lower likelihood of falling out of the first.

But to me, I'd be over the moon if the Kings could get Emery and/or Parascak.

Edit: another player I really love from this draft class is Teddy Stiga. Again, on the smaller side, but he has such a complete game and is so relentless.

Not making talent/career comparisons, but as far as style of play, Stiga reminds me of Mike Richards.

Last edited:

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
He's probably not ranked high enough for 21, but if you drop back and get a lower 1st or multiple seconds I'd go for Maxim Masse. I feel like he's got a Toffoli-esque potential.

Ranked #49 by CONSOLIDATED RANKING
Ranked #54 by ELITEPROSPECTS.COM
Ranked #35 by TSN/BOB McKENZIE
Ranked #44 by TSN/CRAIG BUTTON
Ranked #37 by THN/KENNEDY
Ranked #48 by MCKEEN'S HOCKEY
Ranked #39 by FLOHOCKEY/CHRIS PETERS
Ranked #34 by FCHOCKEY
Ranked #38 by DAILY FACEOFF
Ranked #30 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (NA Skaters)
Ranked #39 by SPORTSNET/BUKALA
Ranked #52 by DOBBERPROSPECTS
Ranked #26 by DRAFT PROSPECTS HOCKEY

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
Parascak is definitely a mixed bag. General mock drafts and scouting services have him ranked in the 20s. But I've seen multiple WHL scouts saying they wouldn't take him earlier than the third round.

He's ranked:
No 20 by HockeyProspect
No 25 by DraftPro
No 36 by EliteProspects
No 77 by Future Considerations

The skating and size are definitely the two obstacles he needs to overcome. But hitting triple digits as an undersized, slow-skating rookie (while being 8th overall in league scoring) just goes to show how intelligent and skilled he is.

Keep in mind he was also tied for second overall in the league in shorthanded points (8 total - 4 G, 4 A). So, he was one of the best penalty-killing forwards in the league (and it's not like he sacrificed Prince George's penalty kill - they were the 7th best team on the PK). And he just turned 18 two weeks ago.

I know I voted for Emery in the Team Board Mock Draft, but that's mostly because he has a lower likelihood of falling out of the first.

But to me, I'd be over the moon if the Kings could get Emery and/or Parascak.

Edit: another player I really love from this draft class is Teddy Stiga. Again, on the smaller side, but he has such a complete game and is so relentless.

Not making talent/career comparisons, but as far as style of play, Stiga reminds me of Mike Richards.

Is it June 28 yet?
I like the idea of a college player, over a CHL player, if Yannetti has them in the same tier. I know he said a tie breaker can be size, if a few are available in the same tier...but I am sure they weigh other factors...I would include who had the best U18...is one in the NCAA, Euro or CHL? and other factors, I am sure. One that Yannetti mentioned, when he presented QB and Stutzle, was that Blake said he wanted a certain type of player and then Yannetti said he knew the answer: QB. (Yannetti said he had 2 even. Must have been QB and Stutzle and presented it to Blake and Blake made the call) It must have been size? or C over W? Or ? Point is, if they have a few in the same tier, when the selection comes up, I am sure they ask Blake and not just the scouts huddle and make the call. Although when Yannetti said (regarding Bjornfot) he had a tier in which Toby was in and another forward...but, Toby would be gone before #32 and wanted ?? both a defenseman and forward with those 2 picks and went with Toby, over the forward...that one was his call and Blake probably went with Yannetti on that.

I think some of these 18 year olds can advance to pro at 19 (not many of them) and by drafting a collegiate (or Euro) over CHL, you can get them in the NHL or AHL after D+1. I know Turcotte coming out, after his Freshman yr may have been rushed...but the day he flew to LA, signed....was thee day the NBA shut down with Covid...and Turcotte could not benefit to play in the AHL. That seemed to be the plan. As Yannetti said, covid 2020-21 effected more for so many players than they realized. Not saying Turcotte was affected to a huge degree by that, but I think he was absolutely affected. Maybe if his deal was not done, when the shutdown happened...he may have stayed another yr at Wisc. Like, oh shttt..the NHL is shutting down...we don't know the future here...maybe stay at Wisc and see what plays out. ?

But, players like Stiga, Emory, Eiserman, Hage, Boisvert...playing 1 year of college, *may* be able to make the jump after 1 yr. It's not always the best development path for all. Most seemed served best by at least 2 years. I guess i'm impatient, with the lack of high end propects last 2+ years and want to see a #21 overall kill it this coming season and be ready. There are always some surprises...Johnston, Poitras, Benson, Brindley, that play by 18-19. I am not for rushing a player. It should be when they are ready. There's no real problem, with a player playing out 2 more CHL years...but was not the best for Clarke.

I like the idea of drafting a player that has taken a huge step in their draft year and they may not be plateauing (sp that doesn't look right lol) and actually getting better and still rising: like Stiga and Luchanko. Luchanko went from 14 pts to 74 and leading his team. And Stiga was off the radar 1 yr ago and grew a few inches and had a massive 2023-24 yr. Both of these players had very good U18s (just in April) and have excelled as highly driven types, with motors and high compete levels.
Both of these players have good to high level hockey sense...AND make others better, when they're on the ice. I think the ones that are driven, work hard, have high hockey sense, good character, and on the rise (with increasingly improving throughout the year) should be targets. Hage is another. His numbers increased after Jan 1.

I don't like the idea of drafting a player at #21, that has skating issues...just ok compete...lack of defensive play...or soft size...and not getting better month to month. I like Stiga, Luchanko and Emery the most atm at 21. They all seem on the rise and all had very good U18 tournaments. Emory was plus 15! While other D were much less. Stiga and Emery were both +15. Stiga was +82 for the year, in all games. They say when he's on the ice, the puck is usually always in the Ozone.

If Solberg or someone on the 13-16 range fell...that could be a factor.

KP - I think Richards is a good comp. I have not seen enough footage, but some, It seems there's not as much footage of Stiga, as others. But his vision is great and he can finish. Seems Luchanko does not score a ton of goals and I am tired of Kings that cannot finish....and probably would rate both Stiga and Hage ahead of Luchanko if they think he won't score a lot of goals...20 goals and 54 assists...nothing wrong with that, if you see the ice and can skate and make elite plays. All things being equal, I'd take Stiga, that had 60 goals over the year.

"""If he was flying under the radar before, Teddy Stiga sure isn’t right now as he’s also pushing to be a first-round selection. Finishing third on the NTDP with 79 points, behind only James Hagens and Eiserman, Stiga is another highly skilled and dynamic forward. He dictates the pace of a play very well and is always thinking what he’s going to do ahead of time. As a result, it’s extremely tough to contain him as he plays with a high amount of energy. He excels in small spaces and he has strong puck skills. Like Eiserman, he was a major point producer at the U18 Championship with 11 points in seven games.""" the Hockey Writers.

After the Yannetti interview - he's so demanding of himself and seems to be getting better at going through so many elements and layers...and the backgorund work...that he knows how to sort out Stiga, Luchanko, Hage, Parascak Emery, ? etc and would tell you which he prefers and why.
I didn't mention Parascak, but he had such a great year and his IQ is so high...and can make plays or score. If he needs to improve skating and strength - they can do that. I'd love high offensive IQ on the Kings....and having that sense and ability to overcome defensive prowess. Find space and have great timing...to make a play or get a better shot...and finish at the net. Parascak seems to have this ability. And how to elevate others - or other skilled players elevate him!

I liked how Yannetti and Hoven spoke of Kings' USHL scout Andy Johnson and how he knows the USHL so well...and resulted in getting Slukynsky and others. I think 2023 looking pretty good, for the slots they were taken...and even 2022 (except for Hughes) Hughes must come through this season, or no contract...it will be his SR year. Was bummed after like 2 hours, they never talked aboit 2023 and Dvorak and Ziemmer, etc. Would have loved to hear Yank's thoughts on them.

Last edited:

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Probably unlikely, but wouldn't be upset at all if they ended up with Liam Greentree (Windsor - OHL)

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Is it June 28 yet?
I like the idea of a college player, over a CHL player, if Yannetti has them in the same tier. I know he said a tie breaker can be size, if a few are available in the same tier...but I am sure they weigh other factors...I would include who had the best U18...is one in the NCAA, Euro or CHL? and other factors, I am sure. One that Yannetti mentioned, when he presented QB and Stutzle, was that Blake said he wanted a certain type of player and then Yannetti said he knew the answer: QB. (Yannetti said he had 2 even. Must have been QB and Stutzle and presented it to Blake and Blake made the call) It must have been size? or C over W? Or ? Point is, if they have a few in the same tier, when the selection comes up, I am sure they ask Blake and not just the scouts huddle and make the call. Although when Yannetti said (regarding Bjornfot) he had a tier in which Toby was in and another forward...but, Toby would be gone before #32 and wanted ?? both a defenseman and forward with those 2 picks and went with Toby, over the forward...that one was his call and Blake probably went with Yannetti on that.

I think some of these 18 year olds can advance to pro at 19 (not many of them) and by drafting a collegiate (or Euro) over CHL, you can get them in the NHL or AHL after D+1. I know Turcotte coming out, after his Freshman yr may have been rushed...but the day he flew to LA, signed....was thee day the NBA shut down with Covid...and Turcotte could not benefit to play in the AHL. That seemed to be the plan. As Yannetti said, covid 2020-21 effected more for so many players than they realized. Not saying Turcotte was affected to a huge degree by that, but I think he was absolutely affected. Maybe if his deal was not done, when the shutdown happened...he may have stayed another yr at Wisc. Like, oh shttt..the NHL is shutting down...we don't know the future here...maybe stay at Wisc and see what plays out. ?

But, players like Stiga, Emory, Eiserman, Hage, Boisvert...playing 1 year of college, *may* be able to make the jump after 1 yr. It's not always the best development path for all. Most seemed served best by at least 2 years. I guess i'm impatient, with the lack of high end propects last 2+ years and want to see a #21 overall kill it this coming season and be ready. There are always some surprises...Johnston, Poitras, Benson, Brindley, that play by 18-19. I am not for rushing a player. It should be when they are ready. There's no real problem, with a player playing out 2 more CHL years...but was not the best for Clarke.

I like the idea of drafting a player that has taken a huge step in their draft year and they may not be plateauing (sp that doesn't look right lol) and actually getting better and still rising: like Stiga and Luchanko. Luchanko went from 14 pts to 74 and leading his team. And Stiga was off the radar 1 yr ago and grew a few inches and had a massive 2023-24 yr. Both of these players had very good U18s (just in April) and have excelled as highly driven types, with motors and high compete levels.
Both of these players have good to high level hockey sense...AND make others better, when they're on the ice. I think the ones that are driven, work hard, have high hockey sense, good character, and on the rise (with increasingly improving throughout the year) should be targets. Hage is another. His numbers increased after Jan 1.

I don't like the idea of drafting a player at #21, that has skating issues...just ok compete...lack of defensive play...or soft size...and not getting better month to month. I like Stiga, Luchanko and Emery the most atm at 21. They all seem on the rise and all had very good U18 tournaments. Emory was plus 15! While other D were much less. Stiga and Emery were both +15. Stiga was +82 for the year, in all games. They say when he's on the ice, the puck is usually always in the Ozone.

If Solberg or someone on the 13-16 range fell...that could be a factor.

KP - I think Richards is a good comp. I have not seen enough footage, but some, It seems there's not as much footage of Stiga, as others. But his vision is great and he can finish. Seems Luchanko does not score a ton of goals and I am tired of Kings that cannot finish....and probably would rate both Stiga and Hage ahead of Luchanko if they think he won't score a lot of goals...20 goals and 54 assists...nothing wrong with that, if you see the ice and can skate and make elite plays. All things being equal, I'd take Stiga, that had 60 goals over the year.

"""If he was flying under the radar before, Teddy Stiga sure isn’t right now as he’s also pushing to be a first-round selection. Finishing third on the NTDP with 79 points, behind only James Hagens and Eiserman, Stiga is another highly skilled and dynamic forward. He dictates the pace of a play very well and is always thinking what he’s going to do ahead of time. As a result, it’s extremely tough to contain him as he plays with a high amount of energy. He excels in small spaces and he has strong puck skills. Like Eiserman, he was a major point producer at the U18 Championship with 11 points in seven games.""" the Hockey Writers.

After the Yannetti interview - he's so demanding of himself and seems to be getting better at going through so many elements and layers...and the backgorund work...that he knows how to sort out Stiga, Luchanko, Hage, Parascak Emery, ? etc and would tell you which he prefers and why.
I didn't mention Parascak, but he had such a great year and his IQ is so high...and can make plays or score. If he needs to improve skating and strength - they can do that. I'd love high offensive IQ on the Kings....and having that sense and ability to overcome defensive prowess. Find space and have great timing...to make a play or get a better shot...and finish at the net. Parascak seems to have this ability. And how to elevate others - or other skilled players elevate him!

I liked how Yannetti and Hoven spoke of Kings' USHL scout Andy Johnson and how he knows the USHL so well...and resulted in getting Slukynsky and others. I think 2023 looking pretty good, for the slots they were taken...and even 2022 (except for Hughes) Hughes must come through this season, or no contract...it will be his SR year. Was bummed after like 2 hours, they never talked aboit 2023 and Dvorak and Ziemmer, etc. Would have loved to hear Yank's thoughts on them.

I am curious as to why you would want a college player, considering the Kings horrible history of rushing players into the AHL under this management/development team. The last time the Kings had a 1st round NCAA player they completely destroyed his development path with one of the most inexplicable pulls ever, what is stopping them from doing that again?

It's very unlikely that any of the NCAA bound players you listed will be ready to make the jump to pro hockey as a teenager following their freshman season, that is reserved for the best of the best, which you are very unlikely to get at 21. All of these kids should be looked at as two year NCAA players (at minimum), but with the Kings who knows, these guys don't exactly learn from their mistakes.

I used this example before, but taking a CHL player is like putting a cone on Rob Blake so he doesn't bite his balls again like he did with Turcotte. The path is set for you with a CHL player, two years back in the CHL, then the Kings can slow-cook him in the minors for 2-3 seasons, but at least that is after being able to be a dominant player at a lesser level (something Bjornfot, Turcotte and Kupari were denied).

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
I am curious as to why you would want a college player, considering the Kings horrible history of rushing players into the AHL under this management/development team. The last time the Kings had a 1st round NCAA player they completely destroyed his development path with one of the most inexplicable pulls ever, what is stopping them from doing that again?

It's very unlikely that any of the NCAA bound players you listed will be ready to make the jump to pro hockey as a teenager following their freshman season, that is reserved for the best of the best, which you are very unlikely to get at 21. All of these kids should be looked at as two year NCAA players (at minimum), but with the Kings who knows, these guys don't exactly learn from their mistakes.

I used this example before, but taking a CHL player is like putting a cone on Rob Blake so he doesn't bite his balls again like he did with Turcotte. The path is set for you with a CHL player, two years back in the CHL, then the Kings can slow-cook him in the minors for 2-3 seasons, but at least that is after being able to be a dominant player at a lesser level (something Bjornfot, Turcotte and Kupari were denied).

First, enjoy and learn a lot from your posts and missed you, when you were on hiatus.
The only reason I didn't block GBH, (I have not blocked anyone) was so I can read your exchanges wtih him. Good entertaiment and laughs.

As I said, I am impatient and that is not good, if you're management, but many fans are.
I said to others after 2012 Cup, that I could now be happy forever...and then again in 2014 and basked in that a few years...but since I am a fan, became hungry again, especially when fueled by wanting to beat the Oilers and any other foes.

IDK. It's not an exact science. There are always some players that buck the trend and can play NHL hockey at 18 and 19. Perhaps none I listed (or anyone they pick at 21) can play in the NHL 2-3 yrs....should Kyle Clifford have made the Kings at 18? Would he have improved his overall ga,e with 1 or 2 more years in the CHL. Who knows...but he certainly had a ceiling.

I was so pissed, watching the 2019 draft lotto. I recall both Blake and Luc at the event and having the most sour faces I've ever seen on either, when they were pushed back to #5....but, if they had #2, would they have picked Kakko? Or Dach? Geez...Turcotte may be the better player in 2 years.
I don't know if another year at Wisconsin, would have made Alex any more prepared. I think he could have been ready for the AHL. If a slighter Hughes could play in the NHL at 18, why couldn't Turcotte play AHL hockey at 19? I honestly think if Covid doesnt shut everything down, the very day Alex arrives in LA...and he play AHL a month, things may be different...maybe not by a large degree. I recall the Summer he said "yeah, I've been skating with Hughes and his brother Luke and working out and I'm in the best shape of my life"....but maybe having had some pro AHL games and a normal Summer training in LA, with staff would have been better.

I watched every USA U20 game and Alex was #1 C playing with Zegras and Arty...Zegras was on another level, offensively, but Alex played great and was a factor. Arty was pretty good, overall too.
The last 2 mins of the Gold medal game, Alex was the best player on the ice, 200 feet. Where was Caufield? He was the only minus player for Team USA that tournament. And had 5 pts to Alex's 8. I was awed by Faber...I recall actually saying to myself, this guy has not made one single flaw...in the first 2 or 3 games. Was incredible. Oh well.
Why is Turcotte now borderline NHL player with a hoped upside of 3rd line center and Caufiled now making millions and a key part of Montreal? Caufield did play a second year at Wisconsin, but how did he elevate so much and Turcotte not have a higher projectory?

The 2 major concussions were the most detrimental injuries and I think were probably almost career ending...I was at the Eagles Reign game in Colorado and saw Englund clock him...I almost cried and almost left the game. I don't even remember the rest of that game. All injuries are not the same...like a knee injury, surgery...yeah, out 6 months with this type of knee injury...or ACL surgery, 1 yr. Concussion Grade? (I don't know all the grades) Yes, tricky, Probably 6-9 months. DD hand surgery...1 year. He was still affected by it, longer than that. I wish they kept Alex up his second cup of coffee and he's not at that Eagles game. I should not live in woulda coulda shoulda, but oh well. Like the piece of paper I wrote down 3 stocks to buy, last JULY...I had NVDA....440. Should I buy? Then read about China possibly invading Taiwan that month and NVDA had chips made there at Taiwan Semiconductor...so I didn;t buy. 11 months later, it went to 1200 and 10 for 1 split. Woulda coulda shoulda.

There are always some totally unforseen things in which a player catapults to heights never thought poissible...and late in their careers. Look at Hyman. Topped out at 21 goals with Toronto and time with Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Tavares. Then, at age 30, 27 goals, age 31, 36 goals and now at 32, 54 goals? How the hell? Is he a better player than he was at age 29 on the Leafs?
It's freak...I read (when he hit 50) that 35 of the goals were within 6 feet (something like that) of the net. Maybe he just got better at finishing and going to the net at the right instant?

I agree that the Kings do not develop well and why no forward in the system breaks out.
The only ones the last several yrs are Vilardi and Byfield. Why? Has to do with development.
They seem pretty good at churning out defensemen, that played in the AHL. McNabb, Walker, Roy, Anderson, Spence....but why no forwards? Gabe and QB were going to make it, no matter what they did in the AHL.

I just hope Turcotte is 100% healthy and he makes the team and gets 10+ mins and excels.
He's still only 23.

'''Exceptional hockey sense, impressive skating and compete-level. There is a lot to like about Turcotte. He is a very gifted playmaker, but has a also a fine release and goal scoring ability. Can be used in most situations and plays a very complete game. (EP 2019)'''

Where is this player? I think they have made him work so hard at the system and playing 200 feet, on lines 2 and 3 on the AHL...that it has stunted him, to a degree. Does he have elite skill?
Maybe not, but I've seen him make several elite plays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad