Prospect Info: 2024 Entry Draft LIVE from the CUBE in RENO

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
huh? he absolutely runs the draft. he selects the ppl responsible for scouting. the ppl that make the ultimate decisions. he's responsible for making sure that everyone involved in the process speaks the same language.

he might not be the one saying, 'let's draft joe smith,' but he's absolutely accountable for building the org and processes that determine who the stars draft.
right which is why he gets credit for Failures/Success, but it's been rehashed many times from, the organization even, that McDonnel runs the draft, so idk what point you're trying to make here.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
right which is why he gets credit for Failures/Success, but it's been rehashed many times from, the organization even, that McDonnel runs the draft, so idk what point you're trying to make here.
so.. he runs it.
running something doesn't mean that you actually do the last thing in the sequence. i run a lot of things in my job that i could never do as an individual, i have to find ppl that can and that i trust to execute it the way i need.
nill runs the draft, even if he isn't dropping in on draft day to say, hey guys, let's grab this bloke.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
so.. he runs it.
running something doesn't mean that you actually do the last thing in the sequence. i run a lot of things in my job that i could never do as an individual, i have to find ppl that can and that i trust to execute it the way i need.
nill runs the draft, even if he isn't dropping in on draft day to say, hey guys, let's grab this bloke.
yeah it's pretty obvious that in the context of my post it was in regards to the players selected, not the figure head who hired people. So again I don't know what point you're trying to make.
The prospects selected on draft day aren't selected by Nill. Ergo he doesn't run the draft. It's not rocket science.
He gets credit for the success and failures of the people he hired to find the talent, as i've said multiple times now. So, again, other than trying to make some largely irrelevant technicality your main talking point, what is the point you're trying to make here?

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Dunno if anyone finds this interesting but...

Years since the Stars selected a player from each respective league in the 1st or 2nd round:

OHL0
Sweden1
WHL2
Russia2
Q3
NCAA6
Finland6
USHL7
High School16
BCHL19
Czech20
Swiss21
NAHL22

Reactions: redbeardtx

joshik

GEt FaK'sEd
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic

Years since the Stars selected a player from each respective league in the 1st or 2nd round:

OHL0
Sweden1
WHL2
Russia2
Q3
NCAA6
Finland6
USHL7
High School16
BCHL19
Czech20
Swiss21
NAHL22
Faksa wasnt 20 years ago xdd but it fells like it xdd

Oh he played in ohl i didnt even know that

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
My personal preference for draft with our top pick

1. Trade down to as low as 40

If no move made and picking at 29 then

2. Emil Hemming
3. Julius Miettinen
4. Ryder Ritchie
5. Cole Beaudoin
6. Ej Emery

Reactions: LT

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014

OHL0
Sweden1
WHL2
Russia2
Q3
NCAA6
Finland6
USHL7
High School16
BCHL19
Czech20
Swiss21
NAHL22
Feels a bit misleading as Tufte split between USHL and Highschool in his draft year and he left the USHL to go back to highschool

Reactions: LT

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
I want Basha still. Would be happy with several others though. Don’t really care for Beaudoin, O’Reilly, and Elick. Just not high on him as others are. Would be fine with Miettinen who dallasman said to keep an eye on.

Tufte type is actually what we still need.

Im not really for moving down there seems to be pretty decent late first round group.
Letourneau is Tufte 2.0 (no thanks!)

joshik

GEt FaK'sEd
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
Lets get another Wyatt tonight.

chrome_4lvBpnzT0n.png

Damn san jose already picked xdddddddddd

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Time for every GM to come out and thank the great city of Las Vegas, congratulate Florida on the Cup, and have someone else announce their pick

• Haha
Reactions: redbeardtx

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad