Prospect Info: 2024 Entry Draft LIVE from the CUBE in RENO

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
There are so many options to go with at 29 that I would just trade back for 2 2nds unless someone really falls.

Trading back makes alot of sense, but you're probably not getting two 2nd round picks. You'd probably have to move back 15 or 20 places for it to not be a 3rd round pick.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
One option for acquiring two 2nd round picks might be Seattle, Calgary, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Utah, and Nashville.

SEA: 29 for 40 and 63
CGY: 29 for 41 and 62
PIT: 29 for 44 and 46*
STL: 29 for 48 and 56
UTA: 29 for 49 and 65
NAS: 29 for 53 and 55 OR 59

That Pittsburgh one is the best, but it also might not be realistic.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Personally I'd lean toward staying put and making a selection, but Utah might be a team to target since they're rumored to be wanting to move their lottery pick for an immediate roster upgrade and that might mean they would want to get back into the 1st round later for fanbase related hype.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
I forgot Pittsburgh didn't have a 1st round pick. Maybe that makes a trade-up more plausible. I think they could get higher than 29 with 2 mid-second round picks.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
You also have to consider that we're coming off a generational Nill heist during the COVID draft by trading down and acquiring crazy surplus value. GMs may be scared of him the way he was avoided after the Seguin trade

Reactions: Dallasman and LT

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
He could potentially be a steal. Especially if he breaks out next season.

Kamloops was terrible last year, and his highlight reel is pretty impressive. Maybe he's not as good defensively as Emory or Elick right now, but he has the potential to be a guy like Harley you'd think (offensive D that develops into a strong defender at the NHL level).

He'd probably be considered a reach, but he honestly is interesting at least.

Reactions: LT and starsfan86

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Kamloops was terrible last year, and his highlight reel is pretty impressive. Maybe he's not as good defensively as Emory or Elick right now, but he has the potential to be a guy like Harley you'd think (offensive D that develops into a strong defender at the NHL level).

He'd probably be considered a reach, but he honestly is interesting at least.
I kind of like him more than Elick and Emery.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
If it meant you could dump Faksa, would you trade 29 + Faksa for a mid 2nd Round pick?

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I think it's worth noting Elick is a pretty high end skater. At the CHL top prospect game, they do a lot of on-ice testing and he preformed in the top 5 of 40 participants, finishing ahead of guys like Vanacker and Brunicke. Pronman just did his annual draft skills ranking and placed Elick as the 4th best skater in the draft. I wouldn't go quite that high, but Elick is fast.

I also wouldn't consider Elick to be a zero offense guy. He tries some advanced stuff with the puck. It doesn't always work, but he's really similar to Bischel in that you come in expecting a physical defensive D then he gets the puck and your like "oh **** where'd that come from". Maybe doesn't have Bischel's level of puck carrying, but he's certainly got top 4 upside all the same.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
I like Beaudoin a lot, but I wonder if he projects like Dellandrea. They seem fairly similar.

Brunicke makes some sense too.

There will probably be a faller or two, just depends on who it is. If a guy like Connelly is still there at 29, I can't see them going with a guy who is such a headcase. But Luchanko? Maybe...

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
I think it's worth noting Elick is a pretty high end skater. At the CHL top prospect game, they do a lot of on-ice testing and he preformed in the top 5 of 40 participants, finishing ahead of guys like Vanacker and Brunicke. Pronman just did his annual draft skills ranking and placed Elick as the 4th best skater in the draft. I wouldn't go quite that high, but Elick is fast.

I also wouldn't consider Elick to be a zero offense guy. He tries some advanced stuff with the puck. It doesn't always work, but he's really similar to Bischel in that you come in expecting a physical defensive D then he gets the puck and your like "oh **** where'd that come from". Maybe doesn't have Bischel's level of puck carrying, but he's certainly got top 4 upside all the same.

I'd be happy with Elick or Emory honestly. Dominik Badinka even sounds interesting.

RD seems to be a position that has several late 1st round options.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
I like Beaudoin a lot, but I wonder if he projects like Dellandrea. They seem fairly similar.

Brunicke makes some sense too.

There will probably be a faller or two, just depends on who it is. If a guy like Connelly is still there at 29, I can't see them going with a guy who is such a headcase. But Luchanko? Maybe...

Beaudoin and Dellandrea have eerily similar stats in their draft years. Dellandrea had 27 + 32 for 59 points compared to 28 + 34 for 62 points for Beaudoin. They were also both wearing A's that season.

Reactions: LT

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
They were also both born on Tuesdays under crescent moons
Not the crescent moon. No good player ever was born under a crescent moon no wonder Dellandrea sucks.
Bet Faksa was too

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Any chance Emil Hemming could be available at 29? Elite shot, power forward, but he has some consistency issues. Apparently, he's a great skater too.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Any chance Emil Hemming could be available at 29? Elite shot, power forward, but he has some consistency issues. Apparently, he's a great skater too.

Personally I don’t think he’ll be available, but it’s really hard to get a consensus around him, Sennecke, and Parascak. All RW’s who have projections all over the place. If I were a betting man, I’d say Sennecke goes before Hemming because of his upside. But Hemming lit it up with TPS u20 team and then played 40 games with their big club against men. No doubt there’s teams that value that experience.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Some of the ranks of people we've talked about on Button's personal list:

#18 Luchanko
#22 Miettinen
#28 Beaudoin
#30 Basha
#32 Ritchie
#34 Vanacker
#39 Hemming
#46 Masse
#48 Badinka
#49 Elick
#72 Brunicke

Reactions: catters078

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Some of the ranks of people we've talked about on Button's personal list:

#18 Luchanko
#22 Miettinen
#28 Beaudoin
#30 Basha
#32 Ritchie
#34 Vanacker
#39 Hemming
#46 Masse
#48 Badinka
#49 Elick
#72 Brunicke
After the first 15 picks, everyone’s rankings are all over the place. I’ll be happy with at least 10 different players at 29

Reactions: jballa95

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad