Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaakou

Jun 30, 2012
Kristianstad
I think you might need a Massé there aswell. Actually just noticed he's missing from the poll aswell? @MMC
Sure, he is missing.

Sidorov's skating might be his biggest hindrance. We have a player similar to Sidorov in Pastujov, but Pastujov is a year ahead of Sidorov. If we're not talking about Pastujov into that block of prospects, then we shouldn't have Sidorov in that group either.

Dionicio also has skating issues. From THW on late round gems in the 2023 draft:

The biggest knock to his game is his skating ability. He struggles with his agility, speed, and quickness.
Dionicio is likely to be available late on Day 2 of the draft. He is unranked on many public lists and on the ones he is ranked on, he ranges from 90-172. If a team can grab him late, with the proper development, he could be an exciting addition to any prospect pool.

Maybe Dionicio going across the pond and playing on a larger sheet of ice could help improve his skating because the lack of if could be exposed often on a bigger playing field.
I don't see the same upside for Pasta, and honestly don't expect much from him anymore.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Just popping in to say I love your guys' D prospects. Zellweger and Luneau...that could be such a silky pair. Also, Dionicio looks like he could be a force.
Hopefully guys like Warren/hinds and solberg can be players…. We got nice puck movers but def need some defensive/physical presence to hit

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Hopefully guys like Warren/hinds and solberg can be players…. We got nice puck movers but def need some defensive/physical presence to hit

Hinds looked very good all season and had a plus rating until the last month of the season. Probably hit that rookie wall. Some posters who watched the AHL last season, like @The Midnight Burrito , reported that Hinds was very effecting in preventing opposing team's OZone entries while on the PK.

As for Warren, I'm hoping he can follow the Blackhawks Alex Vlasic's development path. Vlasic was drafted in the 2nd round of the 2019 as a 6'6 and 214 lbs LD. He spent three years in college before going pro, developed in the AHL for his D+4 season, and looked great as a rookie in his first full NHL year for his D+5 season. Warren is a 6'5 and 216 lbs RD, who just finished his D+2 season. Like Vlasic, Warren was also taken in the 2nd round in 2022. Warren has the tools, but he has had terrible luck with injuries. AGM Madden wasn't kidding when he alluded that Warren could be one of those players that need a longer time to develop... just didn't see injuries part of that equation, though.

Chicago is probably envisioning a top pairing of Vlasic-Lev, a classic shutdown D with an offensive D. When Verbeek drafted LD Minty and RD Warren in the 2022 draft, Verbeek too had visions of sugar plums dancing in his head with a Minty-Warren pairing. Verbeek has a few more years for that potential pairing to happen.

Reactions: Kalv and lwvs84

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Gibson is 6'2 and 210 lbs. Dostal is 6'2 and 188 lbs. Clang is 6'2 and 194 lbs. Suchanek is 6'2 and 181 lbs.

Between Clara's D+0 and D+1 seasons, his talent seems to be matching up to his big size at 6'6 and 214 lbs. He physically is in a different atmosphere compared to our other netminders.

Prior to making his way to Sweden for his D+0 season, Clara was being developed in some lower level leagues such as AlpsHL and ICEYSL. We took a mighty big swing on him in his draft season and a year later looks like a great pick. Although goalies are fickle creatures, Clara's size, talent, and production against men this year sure was tantalizing.

Clarain Sweden
SeasonYearLeagueGPGAASv%ShutoutsWL
2022-23D+0J20
35​
2.79​
0.903​
0​
17​
17​
Playoffs
2​
4.54​
0.883​
0​
0​
2​
2023-24D+1HA (Men's 2nd tier)
34​
2.23​
0.913​
4​
25​
8​
Qualificaton (for SHL)
11​
1.68​
0.931​
0​
10​
1​

Clara improved his game from J20 to the men's league, including 4 shutouts. And then took it to another level in the Qualification round. In his D+0 playoffs, he tanked with his J20 team. Clara not tanking in the Qualification round and excelling is great progress.
Did Suchanek have a late growth spurt or something or am I misremembering him being like 5'11 before we got him on a contract but were still on him. Either way kinda crazy to have him, Dostal, and Clara.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Did Suchanek have a late growth spurt or something or am I misremembering him being like 5'11 before we got him on a contract but were still on him. Either way kinda crazy to have him, Dostal, and Clara.

You might be closer to correct than EP is on height. I was using EP's height.

Reactions: HanSolo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad