GDT: 2024 draft

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
That is so diametric to what people who have led throughout history have done that it seems we need to use another term.
Yeah the moment someone came up with the definition that manager is a corporate pea counter while leader is someone who oozes an inspiring halo, they set up for any amount of self-important organizations to make sure that everyone is made to call their people at the top by the latter term. And that everyone below them is effectively mandated to be inspired by them as the side effect.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Spent a little time over the last little while looking at potential draftees. Here's my highly uneducated list. I picked my first and second choices at each pick. In the later rounds, some of those guys will likely have been picked. Still, it's my party and I'll cry if I want....

Pick #27
Julius Miettinen - Center
Leo Wallenius - Defenseman

Pick #60
Matvei Gridin - Right Wing
Adam Kleber - Defenseman

Pick #92
Simon Zether - Center
Fabian Zetterburg - Center

Pick #124
Javon Moore - Left Wing
Eerick Wallenius - Defenseman

Pick #168
Chase Wutzke - Goalie
Carson Pilgrim - Center

Pick #184
Kasper Pikkarainen - Right Wing
Marcus Giglof - Goalie

Pick #188
Caeden Herrington - Defenseman
Aidan Park - Center

Pick #220
Miroslav Holinka - Center
Rhys Pederson - Defenseman

After doing the work, it reconfirmed, at least in my often wrong opinion, that this year's draft is very weak up front. There seems to be a nice number of defensemen that could turn into something. But the group of forwards outside of the 1st round or two seems to be pretty crappy.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
The number of top 12 teams willing to trade their picks this year is a good indication that not many teams really believe in the draft
They're gonna look like a bunch of nitwits when the other teams call prospects' names and the prospects are there and come down to shake hands and wear their jersey and be on their Reserve List.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
They're gonna look like a bunch of nitwits when the other teams call prospects' names and the prospects are there and come down to shake hands and wear their jersey and be on their Reserve List.
And they will sing

I am not just a nit wit!
I'm an adorable reindeer
Why don't I fit in?
Why am I such a misfit?
I am not just a nit wit!
They can't fire me.
I quit!

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
I choose to believe leo and eerick wallenius are twins. 8 foot tall and meaner than hell hounds. I will be doing no follow up googles - looking forward to seeing them at rookie camp!

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Kirill Zaburin is a late round goalie to watch. Another Russian who falls the same path as Khazheyev.

Reactions: DaveG

ONO94

Jan 18, 2010
Spent a little time over the last little while looking at potential draftees. Here's my highly uneducated list. I picked my first and second choices at each pick. In the later rounds, some of those guys will likely have been picked. Still, it's my party and I'll cry if I want....

Pick #92
Simon Zether - Center
Fabian Zetterburg - Center

After doing the work, it reconfirmed, at least in my often wrong opinion, that this year's draft is very weak up front. There seems to be a nice number of defensemen that could turn into something. But the group of forwards outside of the 1st round or two seems to be pretty crappy.

Seeing as how the new Chicago coach was the coach of Zether in Sweden for a bit--does that make it more or less likely he will end up a Cane? I think the pick will need to be the second, if so but he sounds like a kid Roddy might like.

Reactions: NotOpie

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Seeing as how the new Chicago coach was the coach of Zether in Sweden for a bit--does that make it more or less likely he will end up a Cane? I think the pick will need to be the second, if so but he sounds like a kid Roddy might like.
He would have some insights on Eriksson too

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Yeah, I've liked what I read about him. I'm guessing he'd be a stretch in the 2nd round, more likely the 3rd. By then we will have traded down 3 times and have 11 more picks.

• Haha
Reactions: WreckingCrew

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad