GDT: 2024 draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
It was a very strong first round last year, which means that it made sense to keep the first rounder and pick Nadeau. Because I don't think the first round is as strong this time around, I wouldn't be surprised if they trade down like they did in the Scott Morrow draft.

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
How about a one page executive summary?
1 - Hey, the execs want to be fully informed about that highly complex project you're running.

2 - Sure thing. I'll put together a presentation.

1 - Eww. No. They want a one-pager.

2 - proceeds trying to fit 20lbs of shit in a 5lb bag.

• Haha
Reactions: chaz4hockey

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

Someone in another thread brought up this player so I looked him up. And the more I watch the more I like him. Compared to K'Andre Miller but to me he's going to be a lot better if his development pans out.

Mock drafts have him going anywhere from 21 to 29. If he's there at 27, I think it'd be foolish not to draft him. Seems like he's got potential to be an absolute nightmare matchup and with Morrow signed and (hopefully) Nikishin, we'd have one hell of a blue-line.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
The world runs on one-pagers. Which does explain some things...
The opposite is a problem also. There's a person I worked with that would kill a tree hand everyone 30+ pages of details for every problem. I told them one time, we just need a summary of the key points and the details can back that up. They looked offended. "How can you make a decision without all the facts?"

If you ever want to be guaranteed job security, learn how to boil down complex issues to a summary that even executives can understand. It's a bit of an art to get the full message across succinctly without missing any key items or misleading anyone.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
The opposite is a problem also. There's a person I worked with that would kill a tree hand everyone 30+ pages of details for every problem. I told them one time, we just need a summary of the key points and the details can back that up. They looked offended. "How can you make a decision without all the facts?"

If you ever want to be guaranteed job security, learn how to boil down complex issues to a summary that even executives can understand. It's a bit of an art to get the full message across succinctly without missing any key items or misleading anyone.
Paging @htdoc :D

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011

Someone in another thread brought up this player so I looked him up. And the more I watch the more I like him. Compared to K'Andre Miller but to me he's going to be a lot better if his development pans out.

Mock drafts have him going anywhere from 21 to 29. If he's there at 27, I think it'd be foolish not to draft him. Seems like he's got potential to be an absolute nightmare matchup and with Morrow signed and (hopefully) Nikishin, we'd have one hell of a blue-line.

When Dundon took over he stated that he refuses to take a defenseman in the first round. I assume because he saw that you could get the Slavin/Pesce's of the world in later rounds. Not sure if his philosophy has changed but he has stuck to it thus far.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015

His stock has been rising significantly with the Combine...I'm doubting he will be around at our pick

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
When Dundon took over he stated that he refuses to take a defenseman in the first round. I assume because he saw that you could get the Slavin/Pesce's of the world in later rounds. Not sure if his philosophy has changed but he has stuck to it thus far.
With Nikishin & Morrow taken in the 2nd & 3rd rounds, their philosophy doesn’t seemed flawed so far. But it being a late 1st round pick, I could see them consider it.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC

"Defining the critical path" is what I used to call it, and I made a pretty good career out of it. English degrees are still useful, kids. Executive summaries uber alles.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Do it all day every day when working with senior leadership in my org.

I save my word vomit long ramblings about hockey for this message board...
This is just a point of personal annoyance

Unless you work in a volunteer organization, I think it should be called senior management. Because almost all other organizations use some form of performance reviews and/or bonus structure. That is so diametric to what people who have led throughout history have done that it seems we need to use another term. Can you imagine Gandhi or King giving a rating to someone who marched into harm's way?

I really think there needs to be a concerted effort to use different terms for people who try to better the world and people who try to better the bottom line.

My favorite definition: Managers help you because you need to work; Leaders help you work toward what you need.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad