2024 Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Devil's fan coming in peace. I think that a fair number of Devil's fans would agree that the valuation of the 10OA for Markstrom + 28th is pretty close. The thing is a lot of devs fans don't want to part with the 10th overall and would prefer to make a deal using different assets (like 1st in 2026).There seems to be a pretty big drop off at 15ish and as you mentioned we are just entering our win now window, having a player that can contribute in 2-3 years on an ELC could have an enormous impact for cap reasons. I don't see the 28th having much value for NJ at this point, and I think fans are hopeful we can fill the 1A goalie void without forfeiting the 10OA.
How about Huberdeau and Markstrom for 10? LW scoring record holder.

• Haha
Reactions: Iggys Dome

minibrodeur

May 17, 2022
I'd rather have a pick now than a pick 2 years from now, especially since that pick will be likely closer to RND 2.
We'd make off better with Tor, Det etc

I think if you get Markstrom & the 10th is involved its likely another player on our end.
Oops I meant the 2025 1st but your point still stands. I wouldn't be shocked if they added other assets to the 25 1st to make it more appealing as I think the devil's are still interested in retention.

How about Huberdeau and Markstrom for 10? LW scoring record holder.
I don't see how NJ can afford him, especially with L. Hughes and Nemec extensions needed very soon.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Oops I meant the 2025 1st but your point still stands. I wouldn't be shocked if they added other assets to the 25 1st to make it more appealing as I think the devil's are still interested in retention.

I don't see how NJ can afford him, especially with L. Hughes and Nemec extensions needed very soon.
Huberdeau and Markstrom for Nemec

• Love
Reactions: Iggys Dome

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
I know the Flames weren't in love with this draft, and as we draw nearer to it, I have to assume there are some shiny new toys biases to want and make some additional picks. That all being said, would honestly love to see if Calgary could get back into the top half of the draft somehow.

If they walked out of there with Catton/Lindstrom and Iginla, two Western Canadian kids, with big time skill and upside you'd have to view this as a major win for the club. I don't think they'll be able to get back into the top half here, but it'd be cool to dream.

I don't know how you expect this many draft home runs like this without trading for Taylor hall.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
I don't know how you expect this many draft home runs like this without trading for Taylor hall.
Taylor Hall is a 2025 deadline trade...his impact on the 2024 draft is no longer in effect.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Taylor Hall is a 2025 deadline trade...his impact on the 2024 draft is no longer in effect.

Perhaps you're right. Chicago seemed to also benefit from the luck in an off season move for Hall. But I'd want to have him a little longer to maximize the luck we can get from him.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
New Jersey and Buffalo publicly willing to move 10 and 11. Flames need to man up about their future. We could walk out of this with Parekh, Helenius and Sennecke.

Reactions: BobColesNasalCavity

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Sennecke at 9-11 would be terrible.
Based off what, exactly? Button had him 12 in May, Kennedy has him 12 on his final ranking that was just released, McKenzie had him 14 in May, and by all accounts he’s rising on lists after his playoff run.

I have him right around that range along with Catton and ahead of guys like Yakemchuk. And I think there’s a very valid argument for that based on projection and performance. I suspect he’ll be around that too on Bob’s final list.

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
With all this Markstrom news swirling, have to think Calgary is really closing in on getting another top half first rounder.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
With all this Markstrom news swirling, have to think Calgary is really closing in on getting another top half first rounder.

It could be fun. I think Ottawa's 1st is in play for the right piece. Jersey is, Buffalo is, probably a handful more in the teens too.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I feel Sennecke will be this year’s Honzek. He’s a good player but just shouldn’t go ahead of guys like Iginla, Catton, Parekh, etc. that are in our range. We already made that mistake reaching for size over skill last year.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I feel Sennecke will be this year’s Honzek. He’s a good player but just shouldn’t go ahead of guys like Iginla, Catton, Parekh, etc. that are in our range. We already made that mistake reaching for size over skill last year.
I really think describing a Sennecke selection as passing on skill is a mistake. His game is very different from Honzek and much more translateable.

He’s not on my wish list at #9, but I don’t think he’s out of the question soon after.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
I didn’t realize Jarome used to coach Teddy Stiga in Boston. Also means he played with Tij. A connection to watch at #28 or #41

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Did you just make that assumption by his point totals? Sennecke is a walking highlight reel, he is extremely skilled. His big question mark is was the end of his season a hot streak or him finally adjusting to a 5” growth spurt, because his level of play to end the season would’ve made him a top 5 draft pick if he sustained it all season. If you want skill, only Catton has higher potential as a producer who reasonably should be around at our pick and he comes with his own large question marks.

Reactions: User1996

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Did you just make that assumption by his point totals? Sennecke is a walking highlight reel, he is extremely skilled. His big question mark is was the end of his season a hot streak or him finally adjusting to a 5” growth spurt, because his level of play to end the season would’ve made him a top 5 draft pick if he sustained it all season. If you want skill, only Catton has higher potential as a producer who reasonably should be around at our pick and he comes with his own large question marks.
For more context, he played at a 92 point pace from January 6 through the end of the regular season. And then obviously the big playoffs as well.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I disagree. Tij has way more skill and Sennecke only really took off when he started playing with Cal Ritchie. He’s a middle six winger which we already have lots of. I prefer Helenius too. There are about 6D and 6F I take before him

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
For more context, he played at a 92 point pace from January 6 through the end of the regular season. And then obviously the big playoffs as well.
Roughly the same pace that Lindstrom had in an equally small sample size, with Lindstrom likely being picked around 5 even with his injury (he’s also a centre which helps). Really hoping we either get Catton or Sennecke. Two highest potential offensive threats after Celebrini/Demidov if they pan out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad