2024 Draft Thread - Friday June 28 and Saturday June 29 - Sphere Las Vegas

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
LOL what? Have you been watching the draft? Look at how many good players are available because other teams reached. Please don’t start bringing negativity to an otherwise positive thread if you don’t understand.

We are still gonna get a great player and we finally get a second rounder, which we haven’t had for what? Three years
There are a ton of negative responses on this thread since the trade was announced.so don’t jump,on me alone

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
For what purpose? To draft more players that will unlikely contribute significantly during Matthew's prime? I don't get it.
To clean up that loser Dubas' mess along with Lou and Hunter. We had tons of picks from 2015-2018 that amounted to nothing outside of the obvious lottery selections, then Dubas cleaned us out 2019 onwards. Wes Clark has had barely anything to work with yet has squeezed insane value out of our picks. You need a good pipeline of prospects like Tampa had to continuously round out their roster when they suffered attrition and cap casualties.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I have watched the draft from the start. Dropping 8 spots is a lot for what a second round long shot

After pick 5, it’s basically a crapshoot. Really no difference between 23 and 31. All we did was give ourselves was two darts instead of one.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Moving back to pad picks from Dubas tenure and seeing two physical players going right after doesn't feel great.

Wes Clark is going to have to wow us now imo. Yes again.

Reactions: sxvnert

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
For what purpose? To draft more players that will unlikely contribute significantly during Matthew's prime? I don't get it.

Dude they are all significantly unlikely to make an impact during Matthews prime... You understand that right? The 23rd and 31st picks are all a few years away.

Why are we being dramatic for a simple trade down a few picks away like we were drafting Pavel Bure

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
We moved back 8 slots, they moved back 14, so that explains the extra pick they got for next year. Both trades seem solid.
Damn, I would have rather got the haul that the Avs just did. Perhaps the scouting staff like a group of players likely available at #31 and not as likely at #38.

Reactions: Kurtz

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
I think the return on their first was a tad bit light (would like liked another 4th maybe - in this year or next), but not much to cry over. They need picks. Getting an additional 2nd is helpful for a team that had 3 picks last year.

Reactions: Eye Test

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Moving back to pad picks from Dubas tenure and seeing two physical players going right after doesn't feel great.

Wes Clark is going to have to wow us now imo. Yes again.

We could have used some of the 6 picks we spent this year at the deadline...........

Wes Clark has earned the benefit of the doubt, they reached last year after trying to trade down, maybe they were going to do the same and this just leaves them their guy and an extra pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad