2024 Draft Thread - Friday June 28 and Saturday June 29 - Sphere Las Vegas

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Seems odd to trade down for more picks and then trade out of that pick altogether. Maybe the plan was always getting a future pick but it scores off more as they messed up the plan

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
More buffoonery IMHO !!! Take the best player available today.

Are they hoping that the Panthers tank next season?

I don't think the player they select in the bottom of round 2 next year will be any better than this years pick at 58. Next years pick will also be farther away from graduating to the NHL.
They may want the option of trading it for a player at next years TDL though

Would have been mighty handy to have a 2nd at the last one

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Why not both? Like I get the idea and it's not sexy or anything, but this team needs to be more creative to make their changes. It's the bare minimum.

I mean we really have no idea yet what will happen this offseason.

Marner could be traded in a few days for all we know.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
It only takes one player that you may like a bit more.

But it's still would've been a better value pick than the one that was made @ 31.

How is it a value pick. Please tell me you’ve watched Mews extensively. Cause if you did, it’s pretty clear why he’s dropping.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Seems like quite a few pick swaps going on?

Is this more than normal?

Leafs either think this isn't a good year, or just have a completely different perspective on this draft?

Weaker draft IMO. Lots of teams have been giving up picks for players or straight trading down. Outside of the top 10, most players are similar IMO, you don’t know what you’re gonna get

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
How is it a value pick. Please tell me you’ve watched Mews extensively. Cause if you did, it’s pretty clear why he’s dropping.
Mews @ 58 is better pick IMO than Danford @ 31

I am not saying I would have taken Mews @ 31, but his game much well rounded (more offense) a very good skater and gap control.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00