2024 Draft Thread - Friday June 28 and Saturday June 29 - Sphere Las Vegas

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Is it accidental, that they've skipped over all the Leafs' picks I've seen?

Or, perhaps it is about catering to the fans of teams that are less knowledgeable than Leafs' fans?

No reason to market to die-hards.
Well than they should skip the Canadian and original 6 teams too

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Johansson is actually 6 ft 1 165lbs and very mobile. Holinka a 2 way center is a good pick for that slot and another goalie, why not?

That pick has to be the weirdest I can remember. His production has been poor at every level while having completely average height and way below average weight.

But if there’s anyone to trust more than Wes Clark, it’s Thommie Bergman.
It's wrong, he is 6ft 1 and 165 lbs very mobile.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
A couple guys I like with our 7th:

William Nichol - A London Knight who is rapid. I mean stupid fast. Didn't get much opportunity in the regular season, but I imagine he gets a big production boost next year.

Mac Swanson - He is tiny. But ultra skilled, probably the most dynamic player in the USHL. Amazing hands, great passer, almost Johnny Gaudreau like.

Matthew Virgilio - A good skating defender, plays with an edge, plays bigger than his stature. I like this kid.

Matvei Babenko - 6'3 player with an athletic stride, tough to play against, high energy and a wicked shot. Could be a nice bottom 6er.

Miroslav Satan - This one is mores for the name, but an interesting Brian Boyle Project. 6"8 centre who's a two way guy.

Daniil Ustinkov - Rapid defender, caught my eye at the WJC. He can be that fast skating two-way defender.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
3 more picks. Theme seems to be lesser scouted leagues trying to find hidden gems. CHL and USHL have been picked clean by the end of the 3rd round

Mitch nylander

Jun 2, 2016

William Nichol - A London Knight who is rapid. I mean stupid fast. Didn't get much opportunity in the regular season, but I imagine he gets a big production boost next year.

Mac Swanson - He is tiny. But ultra skilled, probably the most dynamic player in the USHL. Amazing hands, great passer, almost Johnny Gaudreau like.

Matthew Virgilio - A good skating defender, plays with an edge, plays bigger than his stature. I like this kid.

Matvei Babenko - 6'3 player with an athletic stride, tough to play against, high energy and a wicked shot. Could be a nice bottom 6er.

Miroslav Satan - This one is mores for the name, but an interesting Brian Boyle Project. 6"8 centre who's a two way guy.

Daniil Ustinkov - Rapid defender, caught my eye at the WJC. He can be that fast skating two-way defender.

Nicholl now off the board now - the other 5 still remain.

Don't have much on Lahey, didn't get to view him. But I like the read on him. Physical stay at home guy.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
So far:

picks.jpg

Mitch nylander

Jun 2, 2016

Now Swanson and Nichol off the board. 4 left.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

I am just impressed you know some of these players still... Do you watch prospects for fun or does your work overlap? I am always impressed with some people's prospect knowledge.

KMNRB

Jul 4, 2015
Evidently the scouting philosophy is driven by GM. Look at how we are drafting big players now and pittsburgh is drafting the smurfs (they just drafted Swanson).

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Evidently the scouting philosophy is driven by GM. Look at how we are drafting giants now and pittsburgh is drafting the smurfs (they just drafted Swanson).

Tre seems to want size .. but it’s within Clarke’s MO too of having specific characteristics like IQ, two way play, tenacity/physicality, and raw offensive tools.

It’s an interesting dynamic

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
Evidently the scouting philosophy is driven by GM. Look at how we are drafting big players now and pittsburgh is drafting the smurfs (they just drafted Swanson).

swanson would have been a great pick for any team

leafs value IQ but they value IQ + other stuff. if you're a dumb player, the Leafs don't want you.

Reactions: stickty111

Mitch nylander

Jun 2, 2016
I am just impressed you know some of these players still... Do you watch prospects for fun or does your work overlap? I am always impressed with some people's prospect knowledge.

Bit of spare-time hobby when I'm not working. Find it enjoyable getting a chance to look at the future of the league.

That being said, I just have about 150 prospects on my list - which means a high volume of the guys picked weren't on my list (3/6 leafs picks lol)

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Bit of spare-time hobby when I'm not working. Find it enjoyable getting a chance to look at the future of the league.

That being said, I just have about 150 prospects on my list - which means a high volume of the guys picked weren't on my list (3/6 leafs picks lol)

Interesting, well that is awesome.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad