2024 Draft Thread - Friday June 28 and Saturday June 29 - Sphere Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
That pick has to be the weirdest I can remember. His production has been poor at every level while having completely average height and way below average weight.

But if there’s anyone to trust more than Wes Clark, it’s Thommie Bergman.

Well, probably very high IQ and high workethic. They are thinking they can feed him 5 chickens a day for the next 5 years to gain some muscle and that alone will massively improve his physical tools

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
The last later-round Swedes we drafted (assuming both were Bergman), were Hildeby and Holmberg... I always like giving Bergman a pick, so hopefully he pushed for this one and thinks highly of him.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Yes but on EP it says he's an amateur scout. Doesn't even say he's a European scout anymore. Not sure if that makes a difference.

I feel like he's got to still be our Swedish guy still, looks like he is 76, no way he decided to start travelling at this point.

In that case, the pick intrigues me a lot more, if they used a 4th on someone who was unranked (I think), then he likely pushed for it, must see something.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Are people being serious when they're asking if Keith Pelley is at the draft table? Pelley is not part of the Leafs organization which is headed by Shanahan, Yes, Shanahan reports to Pelley but I'm pretty sure that ends at Pelley simply deciding who has Shanahan's job. Having Pelley there would be like having teh owner there. And I can't recall ever seeing that.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
:laugh: I love how this is all Dubas’ fault for selling future picks

Except Tre traded their 3rd and 6th in this draft, as well as their 3rd and 5th next year, for rentals in Edmunson and Boosh.
Dubas wasn't the answer but it's gettingclear Brad isn't either

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Clearly, Bergman, Clark, or someone else in Leaf scouting sees something in the kid and the Leafs decided to gamble a pick on him. I think many of the draft fetishists on this board are just upset they can't brag to their little friends that they called a draft pick right.

Reactions: Lauro

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
I really wanted Mews.
Be glad they stayed away. There's a reason he was thought of as a 1st round guy early last year and dropped all the way to the 3rd round.

His offensive ability doesn't make up for the massive holes in his game.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Rapidly losing any interest in this team.

Is the plan really to run it back, ignoring making fast/cheap moves like Marino to overpay Calgary retreads like Zadorov and Tanev?

No vision, no balls, no changes.

Bullshit from the top down.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
What happened to our 2nd round pick?
Screenshot 2024-06-29 at 2.20.59 PM.png

Reactions: fahad203
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad