2024 Draft Thread - Friday June 28 and Saturday June 29 - Sphere Las Vegas

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
We don't need to move up, there's going to be plenty of good names still left on the board at #23

Personally I'd take Hage if he's there but if you offered me a Dman or center with a nice mixture of size and skill I'm not going to get upset, hell I'd even take a winger if he has a bit of competitiveness about him
Fair and one guy I actually trust is Wes.

I'm not going to freak out if we go off the board.

This year seems like a mixed bag than the past few drafts.

Some potential to get lucky and get a nice pick. I think it's a good year to trade the pick if they can move down only a few spots and get another pick or 2.

A second rounder would be really nice in this draft.

Reactions: Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

Some potential to get lucky and get a nice pick. I think it's a good year to trade the pick if they can move down only a few spots and get another pick or 2.

I think some of the defenseman in the second round look pretty attractive, I'd love to pick one up and come out with say a talented center and defenseman to develop

Reactions: KMNRB and Burnie97

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I just have a feeling we are not picking at 23 tonight. IDK if it goes in a deal for a player or if we trade back to like 30 for another 2nd, I think they want to do more than just draft a guy 5 years away right now.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
You’re right. We do have a lot of left handed wingers.
No body really talks about it much, but RH forwards are as rare as RHD.
It’s a bit of a different animal of course, not apples to apples, but it’s a fact. Wingers transition from sides a whole lot easier, I think, and we even hope for it from Cowan and Greb.
And sometimes that facilitates connections with split seconds to burn that are beneficial. Marner to Matthews and Tavares. And NickRob popped goals in junior like tic tacs with a RH centre man.

Reactions: chamchibap

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
23 + Minten for McGroarty + '25 3rd was the idea that came to me last night in the trade thread.

He's a Leaf fan too apparently.

I’m gonna say hell no to that deal. As much as I like McGroarty he is not worth that. All you need to do is a one for one swap. McGroarty for Minten and Niemela if you want but I don’t think we should be moving 23 at all

I would love a deal with our first and a guy like Minten for him. Fills a future hole at 2C for us and gives us leverage against Tavares

McGroarty has not played center since like his first year with the NTDP. Love him as a player though

DragoGrizzly

Oct 2, 2019

Yeah I trust Wes too. He seems to not give a whit about public draft lists which is great. Probably goes for (and knows way more) one of the guys we haven’t been talking all that much about like Teddy Stiga or Sam O’Reilly (really kind of amazing how similar his path has been to the Thomas/Cowan London Knight development path guys).

Reactions: Burnie97

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
My wish list for our pick:

1) Stian Solberg, LD
2) Jett Luchanko, RC/RW
3) Yegor Surin, LC/LW
4) Sasha Boisvert, LC
5) Michael Hage, RC
6) Harrison Brunicke, RD
7) Cole Beaudoin, LC
8) Charlie Elick, RD
9) EJ Emery, RD
10) Cole Hutson, LD

My wish list for the rest of the draft:

1) Teddy Stiga, LW
2) Heikki Ruohonen, LC
3) Will Skahan, LD
4) Simon Zether, RC
5) Ollie Josephson, RC
6) Nathan Villneuve, LC
7) Ilya Nabokov, G
8) Brodie Ziemer, LC
9) AJ Spellacy, RW
10) Jesse Pulkkinen, LD
11) Colton Roberts, RD
12) Owen Allard, LC
13) Kevin He, LW
14) Pavel Moysevich, G
15) Gabriel Eliasson, LD
16) Herman Traff, RW
17) Kasper Pikkarainen, RW
18) Kieron Walton, LW
19) Javon Moore, LW
20) Braydon McCallum, RW
21) Tory Pitner, RD

Last edited:
Reactions: Burnie97

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I’m gonna say hell no to that deal. As much as I like McGroarty he is not worth that. All you need to do is a one for one swap. McGroarty for Minten and Niemela if you want but I don’t think we should be moving 23 at all
It's steep, but I do think he's the best piece of the trade. Very impressed with him at the WJC and he's the kind of piss and vinegar type of player everyone is looking for.

And more importantly he fits the window with Matthews and Nylander much better than the guy they'll take @ 23.

KMNRB

Jul 4, 2015
23 + Minten for McGroarty + '25 3rd was the idea that came to me last night in the trade thread.

He's a Leaf fan too apparently.
If he wants to play for the Leafs, can he just go back to school and we sign him after his senior years? It'd be like adam fox fetching only second rounders when he insisted his way to the rangers.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
If he wants to play for the Leafs, can he just go back to school and we sign him after his senior years? It'd be like adam fox fetching only second rounders when he insisted his way to the rangers.
That's still two years from this August away. I very much doubt he wants to wait that long considering he's already ripped up the NCAA.

I wouldn't completely rule a bit of AHL time, but he's pretty much ready now.

Reactions: KMNRB

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
That's still two years from this August away. I very much doubt he wants to wait that long considering he's already ripped up the NCAA.

I wouldn't completely rule a bit of AHL time, but he's pretty much ready now.
Can’t he leave early?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad