2024 Draft Thread - Friday June 28 and Saturday June 29 - Sphere Las Vegas

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'm not saying Robertson will ever be unreal but you're never getting a pick for him right now that will come up in the next 3 years that he could do next year. He'd maybe get a 3rd and a 6th. It isn't worth it.

Robertson just had his first full season. It was up and down here and there and he still had 14 goals playing low end minutes. He's turning 23 in September.

I'm not saying he's worth gold or anything, but trading him for a simple pick or two, especially mid picks, would be quite a terrible decision. Give him minutes and stop pushing him down the lineup or out of the lineup. Maybe the new coach will also unlock something else here too.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Robertson just had his first full season. It was up and down here and there and he still had 14 goals playing low end minutes. He's turning 23 in September.

I'm not saying he's worth gold or anything, but trading him for a simple pick or two, especially mid picks, would be quite a terrible decision. Give him minutes and stop pushing him down the lineup or out of the lineup. Maybe the new coach will also unlock something else here too.
100% honestly if he was on a bad team and got consistent top 6 and 1st powerplay time I think he could touch 30 goals.

horner

May 22, 2007
You can probably liquidate a guy like Jarnkrok and/or Robertson for some additional draft capital.
Sloberg is the dman we need.
I think Chicago traded there pick to move down 2 spots
Washington needs you players in there system
23rd pk + Robertson
for
Washington's 17th + 90 th pk

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

He's going to blossom in the next year or two. Not a star or anything, but a solid middle six contributor. I hope it's here, and not elsewhere.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
This is Wes Clark’s third draft as our Director of Amateur Scouting. In his first two drafts he reached on our first picks Minten and Cowan, both were ranked as late 2nd’s/ 3rds and both were late risers with strong playoff performances. If he reaches again this year who do you think he might take? I will go with Ben Danford, Max Plante, Sam O’Reilly and Brodie Ziemer

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Keep in mind that the player Treliving settles on, provided he does not trade the pick, after taking the advice of his scouting staff is unlikely to develop to the point that he can make a difference in the next few seasons. So while the Leafs need defencemen now, they’re bound to take the player, regardless of position, who they would call the best one available when their turn comes.

In the latter stage of the first round, that player could be big right-handed defenceman Charlie Elick (Brandon, Western Hockey League), winger Terik Parascak (Prince George, WHL), big winger Liam Greentree (Windsor, Ontario Hockey League), centre Sacha Boisvert (Muskegon, United States Hockey League), winger Nikita Artamonov (Torpedo, KHL) or winger Emil Hemming (TPS, Liiga).

Treliving could make an argument for trading the pick or keeping it. If Markstrom were the return, the Leafs would be getting a better goalie than anyone who is going to be available in free agency.

On the other hand, as much as Leafs Nation is excited about the potential in forwards Easton Cowan and Fraser Minten, Toronto’s prospect cupboard is not overflowing. It needs to be restocked, and keeping the first-round pick would help.

We’ll have our answer on at least one of Treliving’s decisions in less than three weeks.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
This is Wes Clark’s third draft as our Director of Amateur Scouting. In his first two drafts he reached on our first picks Minten and Cowan, both were ranked as late 2nd’s/ 3rds and both were late risers with strong playoff performances. If he reaches again this year who do you think he might take? I will go with Ben Danford, Max Plante, Sam O’Reilly and Brodie Ziemer
My 3 picks based on draft rankings in this case would be Luchanko, Freij and O'Rielly. Idk if these next 2 would be considered reaches but they aren't getting as much hype as others probably because they are on the smaller side and play defence, but Hutson and Kiviharju.

Fonzieleaf

Jul 8, 2013
Collingwood, Ontario
Solberg is the guy I want. He's the toughest and meanest defenceman in this draft and his stock has just been rising all throughout the year. Because of that, he might not be available at 23.

Other guys I wouldn't mind would be Freij, Elick, Sennecke, Greentree, or Ritche.

Regardless of who they draft, I have full confidence in our scouting staff.

From the mains

Discount code for HockeyProspect.com Black Book

BBHF10
Elite prospects has their book out too.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Anybody see a lot of Spencer Gill or Harrison Brunicke?

I've only seen limited viewings but both are 6'3" RHD with some shooting ability and decent defensively imo.

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
last thing this team should be doing is trading up with our current lack of picks don't waste more picks when the prospect still has a real chance of never playing. trading down imo in our spot makes more sense teams like Calgary / Anahiem / Philly all have high 2nd's if we could move down and grab there 2nd aswell I would make that move.
I agree. Our draft capital is pitiful, and the depth into the mid to late 2nd round this year looks pretty solid.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Surin, Beaudoin (have some doubts he makes it to us) or O'Reilly

I like Solberg but I've given up on him and Luchenko getting to us

There is a chance but if I had to guess, Luchenko is going to the Blackhawks at 18.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Have to think Emery is coming off the board around our range or before. Kid is a freak. Same with Beaudoin. I wouldn't be opposed to either.

Success at the combine doesn't always correlate to an NHL career, but it doesn't hurt.

Reactions: hockeywiz542
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad