GDT: 2024 Draft Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Not one player past Nygard in the Hockey News top 100 list. Whipple and Beacher get an HM tag I guess. I’m a little underwhelmed but a lot of people smarter than me seem to be happy so I’ll go with that

Reactions: Holden Caufield

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Not one player past Nygard in the Hockey News top 100 list. Whipple and Beacher get an HM tag I guess. I’m a little underwhelmed but a lot of people smarter than me seem to be happy so I’ll go with that
Interestingly, Craig Button was high on some of these guys. (He was also very high on ASP last year)

He had Plante ranked #33
He had Becher ranked #56
He had Baker ranked #95

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Ended up feeling pretty ok with our draft class.

Hopefully MBN continues his momentum from the end of last year and some of these kids develop well at their NCAA programs.
same. The only pick I was meh on was the goalie but it's not like we burned a high pick on it. Everyone else, you can see why we would gamble on them.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Galvas and Ustinkov about to go undrafted, thats shocking

Ustinkov wasn’t drafted because hestinkov.
:sarcasm:

THN draft lists are dog dirt now. Try EP draft guide or the black book. Both are terrific.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Interestingly, Craig Button was high on some of these guys. (He was also very high on ASP last year)

He had Plante ranked #33
He had Becher ranked #56
He had Baker ranked #95

It's easy for me to get excited about this draft as I learn more info on these kids. I just know how every draft players look like they could be future NHLers only to fizzle out. Not just in the DRWs org, but collectively players from the draft. How rare is it to find good talent past the 1st round that make it? Low likelihood. :(

Michael Brand Eggs

Knee Guard
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Where were Plante and Beacher ranked on those lists
Plante was #85 in EP, Becher was 132.

EP thought Plante wasn't skilled enough for being small (had him at 5'10, the broadcast listed him as 5'11 today), and Becher they didn't think he had enough separation speed. Personally, I don't think either are problems. Plante is clearly still growing (guy looks 12, tops), and other sources think Becher has excellent speed.

Sometimes I think, for better or worse, EP is off in their own little world.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
I am surprised the Wings didn't take a flyer on a Russian. With them not being allowed to play in some of these tournaments, I just have to imagine they have a few gems that were there for the taking.

Reactions: Realgud

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
Why didn’t we draft Mustapha Lemieux. 5:04 337 pounds. Go to Elite Prospects and read about him in the heaviest/shortest column. Haha

Reactions: Realgud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad