GDT: 2024 Draft Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GarlicbreadTB

Apr 16, 2015
I like Roy. But he apparently wants 6x6. Not sure it's wise to go for that. Trouba I don't like that trade, but eh it's an OK stopgap for 2 years and possibly being able to get rid off Holl too.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
eh nobodies getting Drai, there's like a 0.00001% chance he gets traded this offseason even in the event he eventually ends up getting traded

and it looks like Stamkos probably doesn't even hit free agency at all at this point too
New year same shit. We will probably make the playoffs one day and get smoked in the first round and look at it as a huge success. Man how far we've fallen...

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Dude I'm so frustrated!!! Sick of this long ass rebuild and playing small ball...
It was always going to be a long rebuild we were a bare bone franchise when steve took over. Nobody likes it but the franchise was run into the ground chasing 8 seeds playoff births now we're paying the piper.

Reactions: Realgud

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
New year same shit. We will probably make the playoffs one day and get smoked in the first round and look at it as a huge success. Man how far we've fallen...

I mean I get it i'm frustrated too but you can't get guys that aren't actually there for the taking

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Crazy to think out of our entire roster, only 4 good players were drafted by the Wings (Larkin, Raymond, Ed, Seider). That has to be the least in the league.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Really really like Ondrej Becher; he stood out a lot in that series against Danielson's team IMO. Over-ager, but very good

to add to this, I'm wondering where he plays next season. Czech League or SHL, perhaps?

GarlicbreadTB

Apr 16, 2015
Really really like Ondrej Becher; he stood out a lot in that series against Danielson's team IMO. Over-ager, but very good

to add to this, I'm wondering where he plays next season. Czech League or SHL, perhaps?

Wonder where all the moaning Eeyore's are when they actually go for offensive swings.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
gotta say i'm really not crazy about overagers in general

that's more of a general philosophy thing than something specific to this pick though

Wonder where all the moaning Eeyore's are when they actually go for offensive swings.

if only they were willing to do so with their first pick

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Yzerman was hired in April 2019. Our best season was missing the playoffs on the last day. No one would have been happy with this in 2024 if asked then....

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Yzerman being weird in the later rounds again.

I think Yzerman is hoping Plante gains a few inches, looks like he has some vision and skill but got bumped down the rankings because of size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad