2024 Draft Discussion

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
The more I think about it, the more I'm set on Luchanko being my guy I hope we get. There is so much to like there between his skating, hockey IQ, and work ethic. He's well spoken as well from what I've seen from the combine. I think he is the type of player who can really explode in his development starting next year. I was thinking of Robert Thomas as a comparable draft year wise and went back and read some scouting reports on Thomas. You could copy and paste what was said about Thomas to Luchanko and nobody would notice a difference. Same compliments and concerns as well as both being on the younger side for the draft. I think there is decently high upside along with a high floor with Luchanko.
It is hard to go wrong with smart, strong-skating players. He is very, very logical at 15.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I think Fischer would be a good third round pick. I’ll be surprised if he’s there. I like the idea of drafting Surin and then maybe Eliasson a little later. Both have been described as Psychotic maniacs.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
I hope that means the John Gibson rumors are just noise. Don't want that guy, he stinks.

I am happy to hear they have a scout in Russia, hope that person loves Surin as much as I do.
What rumours?

They have scout(s) in Russia for years, Igor Parashkin 1999-2002, Yevgeni Yerfilov 2003-2013, Nikolai Vakurov 2011-present. I think it shouldn't be too hard to sell Surin to Draper but i think he's gonna be long gone before #47th overall.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
What rumours?

They have scout(s) in Russia for years, Igor Parashkin 1999-2002, Yevgeni Yerfilov 2003-2013, Nikolai Vakurov 2011-present. I think it shouldn't be too hard to sell Surin to Draper but i think he's gonna be long gone before #47th overall.
Gibson rumors mainly. They are a couple small ones out there. But hopefully, they are bs.

There are no Surin rumors that I know of. Just wishful thinking on my part.

Reactions: SantosHalper

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
It is hard to go wrong with smart, strong-skating players. He is very, very logical at 15.

Luchanko isn't my favorite for the pick but I wouldn't be mad at it. He's probably #3 or #4 for me. In some ways he reminds me of Yanni Gourde as a strong skating, undersized yet determined player. There's a lot of qualities here that I think make him a surefire NHLer, though I'm not sure what his ultimate offensive ceiling would be.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
I think at 30 will be better players , but mid second drafting almost 2025 draft big defansman why not . Sennecke said Lucas was hard to play against
I guess it depends on how high they are on him. I wonder if being Jiri’s son automatically raises him up on their list. He could be in their top 32 it is interesting how teams rank players and what goes into ranking them from a factors standpoint. It seems that development path and pedigree are both big factors.

Reactions: lilidk

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
Max Bultman discusses Jet Luchanko. About 13 minutes in.

You actually need to listen beginning from 28:10 or so. Bultman pronounces what many just don't understand, people are too attached to their stereotypes so they are not ready to accept that a MBN or Helenius or Luchanko have not only a higher median expectation than Eiserman or Connolly, but also higher upside. But rather still prefer tobe butthurt about "missing out" on great Zac Benson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad