GDT: 2024 Draft Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
Watching all these pure skilled/upside players drafted right after us (Parasak, Connelly, Eiserman and Hage) is tough to watch.

I mean they could always fail. But atleast they are swinging for scorers and star potential.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
what if he becomes another 3rd liner?

time will tell
Then he becomes a 3rd liner and our lives carry on. I choose not to be so pessimistic all the time. Yzerman has a pretty damn good draft record in the first round. If he picks a bust sometimes then so be it.

Let's not forget a few highly touted players fell like zadina did today.

Look how that turned out.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Watching all these pure skilled/upside players drafted right after us (Parasak, Connelly, Eiserman and Hage) is tough to watch.

I mean they could always fail. But atleast they are swinging for scorers and star potential.

Parascak can't skate worth a damn. He's probably as bad as Perron right now.
Connelly has all the skill in the world but no sense in how to use it.
Eiserman going to 20 isn't going to be egg on the face of all the other GMs. There are serious holes to his game.

Hage? Eh...I think he's got real potential. We'll see how he turns out in Montreal. 2nd line center seems like a good bet.

Reactions: Our Lady Peace

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Maybe Yzerman is building a beast defensive team. He wants to fill the front out with guys who get you 60-70 points and you pay them 6 million instead of 12

This is not the puck you wanted but it might be the pick you need

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I guess we'll find out in a couple days. I'm prepared for Yzerman to resign Ghost and Perron and then call it a day
3ab8064801538ac45ac5cfde5004c853.gif

• Haha
Reactions: RedWingzz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad