Prospect Info: 2024 Draft #24: C Cole Beaudoin

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Not a fan of a three for one trade for a guy with limited upside. BA under the gun on this pick IMO.

North American Independent Central Scouting (NACS)had him No. 58 in their preseason rankings, then moved up to No. 17 in their final rankings. Comments included — “Beaudoin is the hardest working player that we have come across in 34 years. A tireless worker on the ice and in the gym and it has resulted in a player that put up staggering results at the NHL Combine in Buffalo and has made him the fastest rising player since January. Zach Hyman has shown how effective a player can be by willing to go into traffic and the dirty areas and Beaudoin does the same. Although he may not put up the eye-popping numbers that Hyman has, Beaudoin will score from the same areas and take the puck to the net by overpowering opponents defensemen without fear or hesitancy. The knock on Beaudoin has been his skating but through hard work, willingness to be coached and attention to detail, that criticism has subsided because he is a strong, powerful skater that gets to loose pucks because of his IQ, strength and improved feet. Every time he has played for Canada internationally, he has started down in the lineup and by the medal round, he has jumped into the Top-6 and invariably becomes the coaches favorite because he is so smart defensively, can win draws and is consistent on every shift. There may be some debate among NHL teams as to whether he is an NHL winger or a centerman (We think he is a center) but there is ZERO debate that he will play in the National Hockey League and have a long, productive career.”

Seems like a culture pick more than anything

Last edited:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Adam Bracken has been training the best athletes in the Ottawa area for 17 years now.

He has worked with NHLers like Ryan Spooner and Paul Byron, among others.

He has never had anyone in his gym, The Fitness Lab, who is “as focussed or as dialled in as (Beaudoin).” That athlete, he insists, “doesn’t really exist.”

“He’s a nut with everything about himself to the point where it’s almost concerning,” Bracken said on a recent phone call, scoffing. “I think he’s said to me ‘I’ve never had a French fry in my life’ and I don’t doubt it.”

In the gym, he’s “not even comparable” to Bracken’s other clients his age. Last summer, he moved him into his pro group, a group that currently includes Spooner and current European pros like Blaine Byron and Nick Petersen, because he needed to be there.

Normally, if he were to go to his pro clients about a just-turned-17-year-old client joining their group, they’d say “f— that, we’ve got work to do.” After his first day, they said, “Who is this kid? What’s this kid’s deal? He’s a man child.”

Said Bracken: “He set the tone for that group. He pushed the pace with every single one of them. He outlifted all of my pro guys. He was faster than them. He outworked all of them. It’s been pretty cool to watch.”

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Not a fan of a three for one trade for a guy with limited upside. BA under the gun on this pick IMO.

I know the kid personally. I coach his younger brother. While yes he will be a leader in the room make no mistake he will be a beast for UTAH

Think of him as Patrice Bergeron with a smidge less offense but way more physicality—a better version of Boone Jenner.

He was always the 4th line Center for Canada at U17, Hilinka, and U18 but by tournament end, he was 1st line C and the one guy the coach trusted to put in all situations of the game.

He is better than any center you currently have. He doesn't have Cooley's offence but is way better in all the other areas of the game

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I don't follow these prospects at all, but the way it sound Boston wanted him with the next pick. What Utah gave up were picks in later rounds so I'm ok with Utah dealing some draft capital.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I know the kid personally. I coach his younger brother. While yes he will be a leader in the room make no mistake he will be a beast for UTAH

Think of him as Patrice Bergeron with a smidge less offense but way more physicality—a better version of Boone Jenner.

He was always the 4th line Center for Canada at U17, Hilinka, and U18 but by tournament end, he was 1st line C and the one guy the coach trusted to put in all situations of the game.

He is better than any center you currently have. He doesn't have Cooley's offence but is way better in all the other areas of the game
A little biased? If he is better than Jenner he would have been picked higher, but if he is a Jenner I will take that all day long. Better than any C Utah has? Utah has world class 1C Hayton. He can't be no where close to him.:sarcasm:

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America

I am really happy with thi# kid.. never heard of him before yesterday. But have seen some videos and write ups on him

Reactions: kickback256

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
Boston is a well run org that seems to draft well. If they wanted him I'm convinced it was a good move to swipe him from them.

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
It's been about 6 years since they drafted anyone that was any good.

Fair enough, though maybe I should have said historically they seem to scout well, back when they drafted guys like Krug, Bergeron, Pasta, and (barf) Marchand. Recently they're not looking nearly as good, though in fairness to then, their highest pick in the last six years was 21st overall in 2021.

I guess I'll have to trust our scouts and ignore Boston's.

Reactions: DustyDangler

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

Thoughts on his skating? This is all very encouraging to hear though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad