Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYR] F Sam Carrick signs with the Rangers (3 years, $1M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Easy guy to root for. Earned his way into the league the long way after nearly 500 career AHL games. Nothing about his skillset is more than borderline and he's no more than average size but he's full of heart. Always high effort, plays heavy and goes right to the dirty areas. Will step in and fight well above his size in order to stand up for a teammate.

Pretty ideal cheap 4th line depth, can play center or RW. Maybe gets bumped out of your lineup when you load up at deadline, but if so that means your depth is in good shape.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Easy guy to root for. Earned his way into the league the long way after nearly 500 career AHL games. Nothing about his skillset is more than borderline and he's no more than average size but he's full of heart. Always high effort, plays heavy and goes right to the dirty areas. Will step in and fight well above his size in order to stand up for a teammate.

Pretty ideal cheap 4th line depth, can play center or RW. Maybe gets bumped out of your lineup when you load up at deadline, but if so that means your depth is in good shape.
How is he on the PK? I saw that he PKed for you guys quite a bit, but Edmonton didn't use him in that role.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Carrick off to NY. 1milx3 years, good for him to get a little security.

I wouldn't have minded him back, but for way closer to league min vs. 1mil (3 years is also way too long, but at least it's always buriable)

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas
Carrick off to NY. 1milx3 years, good for him to get a little security.

I wouldn't have minded him back, but for way closer to league min vs. 1mil (3 years is also way too long, but at least it's always buriable)

I don’t really think most established players are signing for league minimum, nor is $200k worth losing a player you want over when the cap is nearly $90M.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I'm surprised he got a 3-year term. Good for him, he earns every penny for his team.

However, I'm not sure he realizes that his million-dollar salary in Manhattan isn't going to go far, haha.

Reactions: McDonald19

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I'm surprised he got a 3-year term. Good for him, he earns every penny for his team.

However, I'm not sure he realizes that his million-dollar salary in Manhattan isn't going to go far, haha.
I'm sure Shesterkin will buy him a few dinners after receiving his blank check...

• Haha
Reactions: cheesymc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad