GDT: 2024 Free agency frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Assuming everything rumored is true, I feel like this is about as good as today could have gone. For anyone worried about 3 or 4 years of term, before today the team had all of $14 million committed after 2026. These are great moves that don't sell out the team's future but give the young players some desperately needed help as they enter the league.

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016
If Davidson can nab Stolarz and Martinez, put with Bert and TT, plus growth/health from their existing players....

I'm sure they had a lot of this in the pipeline before the draft, the Blackhawks expect to be significantly better at least, hence why they were willing to trade an unprotected first.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
If Davidson can nab Stolarz and Martinez, put with Bert and TT, plus growth/health from their existing players....

I'm sure they had a lot of this in the pipeline before the draft, the Blackhawks expect to be significantly better at least, hence why they were willing to trade an unprotected first.
They still need a RHD for Korch, unless he's going to Rockford.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
I love how Davidson just cut everyone lol. Who do you think will be the player you remember in 10 years as our tank commander?
My money is on Mackenzie Entwistle but Reese Johnson has a lot of Brandon Bollig potential.

Jacob Megna and Nikita Zaitsev will be impossible to remember in the Tank Sporcle.
goaltending is still garbage which is the most important thing for the tank
@Taze em asked earlier a relevant question

Without a doubt, it’s Mrazek — and leaning more toward probably soder this year

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Teuvo and Bertuzzi definitely improve our offense in the short term. Not really line drivers, but solidly productive undersized forwards. I hope they turn out alright. We still don't have a forward on the roster that is worth over $7 mil. Hopefully KD has some more tricks up his sleeve

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
This is a stupid question, but if someone gets traded from a Florida team to another team, do they now have to pay state taxes?

Like if I get traded from the Panthers to the Blackhawks do I now get paid less money?
You get paid the same but bring home a little less money after that trade. Every player pays tax to the state where every game is played. So when the Panthers play in Chicago - Barkov is paying ILL state income tax on that money. The FLA players pay less state tax because a greater % of their games are played in FLA - with no income tax. It does make a difference, but not nearly what some salty people (primarily Maple Leaf fans trying to justify Nylander making $11.5M) would have you believe.

Reactions: Pez68

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Welcome back Teuvo! Hell I would've gave him the 4th year over Bertuzzi but that's because I've always loved me some Teuvo. Nice to see a champion from the 2015 team back here who was always a fan favorite.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
Teuvo and Bertuzzi definitely improve our offense in the short term. Not really line drivers, but solidly productive undersized forwards. I hope they turn out alright. We still don't have a forward on the roster that is worth over $7 mil. Hopefully KD has some more tricks up his sleeve
calling bertuzzi undersized is quite a stretch.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
I’m guessing two legitimate top 6 forwards was always the plan. Bertuzzi-Bedard-Teravainen likely functions pretty well as a line.

Running that would also limit Kurashev’s exposure to Bedard and keep that contract down. Would’ve been a tough situation if he played the whole year with Bedard and flirted with 60 points or something

Reactions: Muffinalt

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013

Too early in the rebuild to be making home run big money signings IMO. The type of additions we’ve already made today are perfect. I think so far this FA has went just about as well as I could hav possibly hoped for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad