Prospect Info: 2024 Development Camp

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Sennecke needs several more leg days. And arm days. He's a twig right now, but I suppose that's a result of growing three inches in a year.
Isn’t his mom some volleyball star and I’ve read she liked her dad who was as body builder? He’s got to have the genes to get stronger right? Not a Marcus Pettersson who is still listed around 180

Reactions: Kalv

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Terrance looked very good (though definitely benefited from playing with Cutter) and even with Sennecke on the ice, I thought Kukkonen was Team Getzlaf’s best player. It would be massive if one of those two hit and became an NHL player, we desperately need straight line speed of their caliber in the middle-6 of our lineup.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Terrance looked very good (though definitely benefited from playing with Cutter) and even with Sennecke on the ice, I thought Kukkonen was Team Getzlaf’s best player. It would be massive if one of those two hit and became an NHL player, we desperately need straight line speed of their caliber in the middle-6 of our lineup.

Definitely keeping an eye on Kukkonen since he has transferred to a different school at the NCAA level. Looking for success like Colangelo when he transferred to a new school. I'm hoping Kukkonen can notch over 20 goals next season as he put up 18 goals two seasons ago.

Reactions: lwvs84

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
Hello everyone! I had the opportunity this year to go to the development camp. Things were pretty much the same as last year. The amount of people was the same, maybe slightly more. Saw a good amount of the new logo/jerseys along with jerseys from players like Minty, Gauthier, and Zellweger. Surprised to not see anyone trying to sell ticket packages and giving away free items like last year.

Here's some photos I took. Apologies for the terrible quality, my camera isn't the greatest.

Beckett Sennecke stretching
20240705_105734.jpg

First one on the ice Yegor Sidorov
20240705_104937.jpg

The Captain!
20240705_105959.jpg

Rebound shooting drill: They shot it off the log, gathered the rebound to shoot to an open slot.
20240705_110255.jpg

Puck protection drill. Skate in protecting the puck against the defender, shoot it on net. Next part is to gather a puck off the boards, pivot around while protecting the puck from the defenseman and pass to the slot for a one-timer.
20240705_110312.jpg

Verbeek on the phone; more trades incoming?
20240705_111541.jpg

2v2 Offensive/Defensive zone drill
20240705_113337.jpg

Some sort of half zone scrimmage but involving both teams and simulating "both zones."
20240705_113343.jpg

After scrimmage photo.
20240705_125227.jpg

Last year, I noticed a few prospects that really caught my eye outside of Carlsson in Rodwin Dionicio and Yegor Sidorov and they both performed very well last season with Rodwin signing his ELC recently. Here's my notes and observations, just players I noticed while viewing the practice and scrimmage. Once again, I preface by saying I am not a professional scout.

Cutter Gauthier: The best player on the ice and it's not even close. Not sure why he's even attending the camp, but it was great to see him in person. Can't wait to see him in action.

Beckett Sennecke: The new (skinny) kid on the block. He doesn't look that skinny in person, but yes he needs to bulk up. Maybe while he's here he'll get his fill of Mexican food. He was knocked off the puck easily and pushed around, but I'm not too concerned as he grows into his body. The stuff that attracted the Ducks' brass, the vision, the stickhandling, the creativity, was on display. His skating needs a lot of work. The Corey Perry comparisions are definitely there.

Yegor Sidorov: One of the prospects I pointed out last year. Pretty much the same this year. Seems like he's stronger on his feet. The skating is defienitely there, buzzing all over the place. Reminds me of Andrew Cogliano and that's how he'll make it to the NHL, strong forcheck, staying in front of puck handlers, having an active stick.

Stian Solberg: Since this is a no contact scrimmage and drill, didn't get to display his hitting and physicality. He's already fully built. Could use some work on his skating as he gets to the NHL so he can stay in front of faster players, but I'm not too concerned about it.

Calle Clang: Very fundamentally sound. Was stopping a lot of great chances on a wide open scrimmage. Positioning was great. Didn't allow any soft goals while the other goalies did.

Lucas Pettersson, Maxim Masse,, Ethan Procyszyn, and Carey Terrace: They all had their moments, flashing some skill and skating ability. Ducks have a lot of forwards with similar style games and body types so having these 4 out there, shows the Ducks are very deep at forward. Wouldnt surprise me in a year or two that some of these will be moved for deals for a RHD.

Attachments

• 20240705_125116.jpg
    20240705_125116.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240705_125222.jpg
    20240705_125222.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 2

Anarchynate

Feb 28, 2023
Orange County
Hello everyone! I had the opportunity this year to go to the development camp. Things were pretty much the same as last year. The amount of people was the same, maybe slightly more. Saw a good amount of the new logo/jerseys along with jerseys from players like Minty, Gauthier, and Zellweger. Surprised to not see anyone trying to sell ticket packages and giving away free items like last year.

Here's some photos I took. Apologies for the terrible quality, my camera isn't the greatest.

Beckett Sennecke stretching
View attachment 892666

First one on the ice Yegor Sidorov
View attachment 892665
The Captain!
View attachment 892668

Rebound shooting drill: They shot it off the log, gathered the rebound to shoot to an open slot.
View attachment 892669

Puck protection drill. Skate in protecting the puck against the defender, shoot it on net. Next part is to gather a puck off the boards, pivot around while protecting the puck from the defenseman and pass to the slot for a one-timer.
View attachment 892670

Verbeek on the phone; more trades incoming?
View attachment 892671

2v2 Offensive/Defensive zone drill
View attachment 892672

Some sort of half zone scrimmage but involving both teams and simulating "both zones."
View attachment 892673

After scrimmage photo.
View attachment 892676

Last year, I noticed a few prospects that really caught my eye outside of Carlsson in Rodwin Dionicio and Yegor Sidorov and they both performed very well last season with Rodwin signing his ELC recently. Here's my notes and observations, just players I noticed while viewing the practice and scrimmage. Once again, I preface by saying I am not a professional scout.

Cutter Gauthier: The best player on the ice and it's not even close. Not sure why he's even attending the camp, but it was great to see him in person. Can't wait to see him in action.

Beckett Sennecke: The new (skinny) kid on the block. He doesn't look that skinny in person, but yes he needs to bulk up. Maybe while he's here he'll get his fill of Mexican food. He was knocked off the puck easily and pushed around, but I'm not too concerned as he grows into his body. The stuff that attracted the Ducks' brass, the vision, the stickhandling, the creativity, was on display. His skating needs a lot of work. The Corey Perry comparisions are definitely there.

Yegor Sidorov: One of the prospects I pointed out last year. Pretty much the same this year. Seems like he's stronger on his feet. The skating is defienitely there, buzzing all over the place. Reminds me of Andrew Cogliano and that's how he'll make it to the NHL, strong forcheck, staying in front of puck handlers, having an active stick.

Stian Solberg: Since this is a no contact scrimmage and drill, didn't get to display his hitting and physicality. He's already fully built. Could use some work on his skating as he gets to the NHL so he can stay in front of faster players, but I'm not too concerned about it.

Calle Clang: Very fundamentally sound. Was stopping a lot of great chances on a wide open scrimmage. Positioning was great. Didn't allow any soft goals while the other goalies did.

Lucas Pettersson, Maxim Masse,, Ethan Procyszyn, and Carey Terrace: They all had their moments, flashing some skill and skating ability. Ducks have a lot of forwards with similar style games and body types so having these 4 out there, shows the Ducks are very deep at forward. Wouldnt surprise me in a year or two that some of these will be moved for deals for a RHD.
Interesting take on Sennecke skating. I thought he looked fast, nimble and had great egdework

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017

Don't care if he's any good, I want to sign Zinger based on name alone.

Also assuming the skaters are in the order Derek listed, Solberg's got great acceleration.

Along with Darels Uljanskis (aka @Kalv's boy), biggest surprise of the day for me. Helps that he's more of a smallish offensive Dman, so the scrimmage format accentuated his strengths, but there are tools to work with there: good first pass, nice wrist shot with deceptive release (scored on one today), very good on his edges and with puck protection out high and bonus points for being a righty. I know he was an invite, but he's someone I could see myself tracking at St. Cloud State to see if he can play himself into a contract somewhere.

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
Interesting take on Sennecke skating. I thought he looked fast, nimble and had great egdework
The times I saw when a defender was on him, he looked pretty awkward skating. His turning with the puck looks great 3v3, but when closer to the boards and when the space isn't there, the skating/turning radius needs to be tighter as the space won't be there as often. His straight forward skating is solid, but it's 3v3 and I don't take too much stock in that. In comparison to the other players on the ice, his skating was below average. Much like Perry, maybe he'll be very shifty and use his long reach to keep the puck away from defenders.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Kids having fun. Sennecke made me chuckle a bit, I'd say he could use more weight.

If not for the smiling Buteyets looks like one of the blonde bad guys from DieHard 1 lol.
Stian looks like one of Bjorn's brothers in the Vikings TV series lol. Procyszyn looks like he's from an 1980s movie, almost like a young Alan Rickman in DieHard.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Happy to hear about Gauthier looking very good out there. Have a lot of hope for him. Watched nearly every BC game, and I knew he was something special. Don't think Flyers fans would have been as upset if his potential was not so high.

Beckett

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Finally watched a couple days of drills and the scrimmage;

Solberg was the standout for me, really impressed with his poise with the puck and decision making. Looked like a 30 year old vet, he's going to be a fixture in the top-4 starting 2025.

Also really liked what I saw from Port... the potential is there, very crafty with the puck and has good reach. Kind of surprised he hasnt hit offensively but I know theres been some injuries. I think he'll open some eyes this season.

Sennecke is probably going to take longer to hit than the guys drafted around him... which is fine, you can see the elite offensive tools are there. If/when he grows into that frame the sky's the limit.

Gauthier put himself in great position to score constantly... couldnt finish most of them but that's less important here. Looked great in the drills and kind of exudes captain material.

Really liked what I saw from Masse in the drills, you can see goal scoring tools there that should translate on the wing.

Terance is a glue guy for sure, seems to know how to play with whoever he's lined up with. Kind of gives me Cogliano vibes

Liked what I saw from Callow in the scrimmage, very calm and finished well. Still a lot of potential there to hit

Was watching Myatovic closely... he's solid out there but hard to see a 1st rd talent. Hopefully he can be a top unit PK guy and support a more talented line with his hard work on the boards

Was pleasantly surprised with Konnor Smith's skating, very fluid and efficient... he didnt look like a 6' 6" defensive d-man out there

Sidorov is fun as always, tried too much but that's kind of his shtick. Important thing is he searches for middle ice and doesnt get pushed to the boards. Excited to see what he can do in the AHL. I think he's going to have to develop a more feisty forechecking style to really hit as an NHL'r.

Suchanek was the best goalie along in the drills... Clara has potential of course but he's gonna take a while IMO.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Any Euro league experts know the particulars about if we wanted to keep Solberg for a cup of coffee? Would it be like Lundestrom where we either have to keep him in the NHL or send him to the SHL until the end of the season?

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Spring Hill, Tennessee
Any Euro league experts know the particulars about if we wanted to keep Solberg for a cup of coffee? Would it be like Lundestrom where we either have to keep him in the NHL or send him to the SHL until the end of the season?

Pretty sure players can have clauses in their contract allowing them to be loaned to a Euro team instead of being sent to the AHL.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad