Prospect Info: 2024 Development Camp

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Pretty sure players can have clauses in their contract allowing them to be loaned to a Euro team instead of being sent to the AHL.

Solberg has a contract with a team in the SHL next season, with a clause that he can move to the NHL at any time. It will be up to the Ducks where he's going to play, I guess they'll listen to what he wants to do.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Solberg has a contract with a team in the SHL next season, with a clause that he can move to the NHL at any time. It will be up to the Ducks where he's going to play, I guess they'll listen to what he wants to do.

I believe the rule is: You must return the player that has a contract in the domestic league to said domestic league if the player is not a 1st round draft pick. No AHL loans.

I'm sure some players would seek for contract termination and deal with their PA and league, but that's another story.

edit. Solberg, being a 1st rounder can go to the AHL. It is not up to a player's contract, it is a CBA type agreement.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
like others said - FA.

What's intresting to me is they took a flyer on a (twice?) undrafted overager. Maybe they thought he could turn into something? It's just weird asset management to me.
They sent a 5th away for 2 months of Myers, who they then didn’t resign. They do that.

It’s a 10% chance at a player. Maybe they thought they could fix his skating.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
king had a pretty good first season in SD too. thought he'd for sure stick around down there, even if he's older

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017

Agreed on Pitre, and bonus points to him being a living, breathing forward in the organization who actually one-times the puck willingly.

We’ll need to see how he transitions to pro hockey, but he’s someone I could see getting a cup of coffee this year

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Agreed on Pitre, and bonus points to him being a living, breathing forward in the organization who actually one-times the puck willingly.

We’ll need to see how he transitions to pro hockey, but he’s someone I could see getting a cup of coffee this year

Pitre was great last year too at the rookie tourney. He'd be great on the bottom-6 or good complement in the top-6 if it needs defense and glue a la Silf. Also, he has improved his FO% between the two seasons as a 2nd FO personnel, but small sample size compared to his other teammates: 2022-23 went 43.1% on 65 FO att and 2023-24 went 52.4% on 307 att. Just in case our centermen still haven't figured out how to win draws whenever Pitre makes it to the NHL level.

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
Pitre was great last year too at the rookie tourney. He'd be great on the bottom-6 or good complement in the top-6 if it needs defense and glue a la Silf. Also, he has improved his FO% between the two seasons as a 2nd FO personnel, but small sample size compared to his other teammates: 2022-23 went 43.1% on 65 FO att and 2023-24 went 52.4% on 307 att. Just in case our centermen still haven't figured out how to win draws whenever Pitre makes it to the NHL level.
First time for me watching rookies games last year. Pitre screamed a cogliano hustle type 3rd liner to me. Nothing wrong w that if he can make that a reality

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad