2024 Copa América

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And about blackfaces, yes black people didn't see it as offensive until the american culture said so.
I'm sorry you feel schocked by that but we don't have the same history (not that our is perfect, far from it, and as I said, racism is a huge thing here and growing thanks to your political leaders and media) and the same codes.
I mean, you have travelled right? Codes are different in different parts of the world. In 2017, the blackface wasn't seen as racist and Griezmann's incident became a problem and people became aware that it was seen as disguting racism to do this. Since then, it's a big no-no.
Griezmann has always been an idiot. But if you think he's racist because he wanted to copy a Harlem Globetrotter as an hommage, then you'd be wrong.

You can re read the first post you liked the very end clears it up fittingly.

It’s an act if you ban prayer or hijabs, why would they allow a mosque, synagogue, church or temple. If you don’t believe people should be able to live their life as they choose to do so as long as they aren’t harming anyone… maybe go live on mars with Elon.
All churches are welcome. Not sure how you can't understand the difference?
People are totally free to live their life as they want, except that religion is personnal and private.
They don't need to live on mars. They can live in any other country that doesn't have this rule. :dunno:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I’m shocked you can’t see that the hijab is an act of worship. Basically saying if you are muslim women you aren’t welcome in France. Thanks for playing.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I’m shocked you can’t see that the hijab is an act of worship. Basically saying if you are muslim women you aren’t welcome in France. Thanks for playing.
Hardly.
It is incredibly racist to think that muslim women MUST wear hijabs to practice their faith. We've had muslim women in this country for a century. Only in the last 40 years have we seen problem with muslims trying to force their faith against the french law. That's a sign of radical islam more than anything else.

Muslim women are welcome and we have plenty joining every day. As long as they go by our laws that are very clear.

The crushing majority of muslims don't have any problem with it. Or they wouldn't have joined in the first place.
It's fun because the hijab thing was the "reason" for the terrorists attacks in Paris in the 90s. Only extremists have problems with our rule. I guess you join nice company.

President Nasser in 1953 laughed at the suggestion to women wearing hijab. 1953. And he thought that was utterly stupid to think that all women had to wear hijab to show their faith.

I guess he's racist and anti-muslim too?

Reactions: gary69

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Hardly.
It is incredibly racist to think that muslim women MUST wear hijabs to practice their faith. We've had muslim women in this country for a century. Only in the last 40 years have we seen problem with muslims trying to force their faith against the french law. That's a sign of radical islam more than anything else.

Muslim women are welcome and we have plenty joining every day. As long as they go by our laws that are very clear.

The crushing majority of muslims don't have any problem with it. Or they wouldn't have joined in the first place.
It's fun because the hijab thing was the "reason" for the terrorists attacks in Paris in the 90s. Only extremists have problems with our rule. I guess you join nice company.

President Nasser in 1953 laughed at the suggestion to women wearing hijab. 1953. And he thought that was utterly stupid to think that all women had to wear hijab to show their faith.

I guess he's racist and anti-muslim too?
I didnt say they must wear lol but those who do or want to should have that right...

The bold is just disgusting but thanks for coming out.

Not sure what you want to accomplish by quoting a dictator... who's next would you want to quote?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I didnt say they must wear lol but those who do or want to should have that right...

The bold is just disgusting but thanks for coming out.

Not sure what you want to accomplish by quoting a dictator... who's next would you want to quote?
No, they don't have that right in France. Stop putting US laws in France FFS ! THEY DON'T HAVE THAT RIGHT IN FRANCE.
How is it digusting? Nasser is anti-muslim too I guess?

If you reduce Nasser to a "dictator", I suggest you read some books about him. He is far from a black or white person. In any case, the point was that he was a clear muslim. And yet found the hijab particularly ridiculous as a sign of faith. He clearly expressed that it was liberticide.

And if you think it's digusting that someone joining your country must abide to the law of said country, YOU have a big problem. Nobody is forcing an immigrant family to choose France. When they do, they know about the rules of the country. And again, the crushing majority has no problem with it.

But again, you're right in line with extremists who don't care about a country's laws and want to bend them to fit THEIR personnal laws.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Anyway, this isn't the place to have a debate like this.

1/ You find french laws racists, I think they're not, since they apply to everyone, regardless of origin or belief.

2/ I also believe that people joining a country should abide to said country's laws. Apparently, that makes me racist to you.

I think you need to breathe, think twice about what racism is understand how you're totally wrong. The two sentences above are beyond obvious.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
No, they don't have that right in France. Stop putting US laws in France FFS ! THEY DON'T HAVE THAT RIGHT IN FRANCE.
How is it digusting? Nasser is anti-muslim too I guess?

If you reduce Nasser to a "dictator", I suggest you read some books about him. He is far from a black or white person. In any case, the point was that he was a clear muslim. And yet found the hijab particularly ridiculous as a sign of faith. He clearly expressed that it was liberticide.

And if you think it's digusting that someone joining your country must abide to the law of said country, YOU have a big problem. Nobody is forcing an immigrant family to choose France. When they do, they know about the rules of the country. And again, the crushing majority has no problem with it.

But again, you're right in line with extremists who don't care about a country's laws and want to bend them to fit THEIR personnal laws.
People should have the right to practice their religion this isnt a US law loool but I guess Evilo and France aren't ready for that. Nasser was many things and infringed upon many peoples basic rights.

Nasser was a dictator who tortured people and oppressed his political opponents. How is this even a discussion lol.

The rest is drivel without any context. You need to breath and touch grass.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Again he was trying to give his shirt to a river fan. Lets not go crazy.

He did and it was awful

Yup, that and Greizmman's black face. Its extremely hypocritical. Plus this

I didnt want to defend the lot but i picked out posts seemingly from people who wanted to score points. The worst of them is this guy and it isnt a surprise. You are surprised by 3 players you seemingly hate and wished they were apart of it truly a saviour.

If you want to go down that route let us truly have an open discussion.

Not to mention the person in you avatar with his remarks toward black and LGBTQ+ people. So please spare me your outrage and moral high ground.
I mean:

A) top notch whataboutism there
B) my team are absolute clowns in terms of education (like most footballers), and I'm not excusing any of them
C) the "fan" incidents? most Ultras world wide and racist right wing thugs... here included
D) the whole Croatian team never filmed racist and transphobic vidoes and
E) then had the government defend them - and this is my favorite part - the one politician who asked for an apology, got fired

I don't see why anyone would defend the whole thing. Just apologize and try to lie low while it blows ever, and instead they're doubling down.

And yes, I absolutely think the whole Cholo Simeone (who btw stated multiple times that football is about cheating the opponent and the ref) school of football is worthy of loathing.
And guys like Romero, Otamendi, De Paul, Paredes, etc etc... All seem to have graduated there.

But I guess it's "all cultural" and we "Europeans wouldn't understand that".

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
People should have the right to practice their religion this isnt a US law loool but I guess Evilo and France aren't ready for that. Nasser was many things and infringed upon many peoples basic rights.

Nasser was a dictator who tortured people and oppressed his political opponents. How is this even a discussion lol.

The rest is drivel without any context. You need to breath and touch grass.
They have the right to practice their religion lol someone can't read!

Nasser was many things and also such things. He's also much more than that but again, that wasn't the point.
Your lack of understanding of different facets is telling though.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I mean:

A) top notch whataboutism there
B) my team are absolute clowns in terms of education (like most footballers), and I'm not excusing any of them
C) the "fan" incidents? most Ultras world wide and racist right wing thugs... here included
D) the whole Croatian team never filmed racist and transphobic vidoes and
E) then had the government defend them - and this is my favorite part - the one politician who asked for an apology, got fired

I don't see why anyone would defend the whole thing. Just apologize and try to lie low while it blows ever, and instead they're doubling down.

And yes, I absolutely think the whole Cholo Simeone (who btw stated multiple times that football is about cheating the opponent and the ref) school of football is worthy of loathing.
And guys like Romero, Otamendi, De Paul, Paredes, etc etc... All seem to have graduated there.

But I guess it's "all cultural" and we "Europeans wouldn't understand that".
And the guy in your avatar?

Nothing whataboutism in my post. I acknowledge the racism. Hoped they get punished for it, what else would you like for me to do or say?

I simply highlighted that you wanted to score points then you double downed with Simeone which I don’t understand what has he to do with anything? I never once said it was cultural, you clearly didn’t read my previous post. I did not defend anything.

They have the right to practice their religion lol someone can't read!

Nasser was many things and also such things. He's also much more than that but again, that wasn't the point.
Your lack of understanding of different facets is telling though.
The hijab is part of the practice…

lol that’s great for Nasser he still was a dictator. Many other Arab/muslim rulers have banned the hijab or enforced it upon their citizens both are equally bad since people should have the right to chooose! Glad that’s settled maybe for an encore you can quote Saddam, Qaddafi, or the shah?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The hijab is part of the practice…

lol that’s great for Nasser he still was a dictator. Many other Arab/muslim rulers have banned the hijab or enforced it upon their citizens both are equally bad since people should have the right to chooose! Glad that’s settled maybe for an encore you can quote Saddam, Qaddafi, or the shah?
And can be worn, just not in public. Lol

Nasser was also the one that overthrow the monarchy, gave tons of freedoms to his people, manage to free Egypt from colonialism, etc, etc... He's far from being limited to "a dictator".
Nasser didn't ban or enforce the hijab. He pointed that the loss of woman freedom was laughable.

Maybe you can learn a thing or two about Nasser, Islam and French laws before commenting.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
And can be worn, just not in public. Lol

Nasser was also the one that overthrow the monarchy, gave tons of freedoms to his people, manage to free Egypt from colonialism, etc, etc... He's far from being limited to "a dictator".
Nasser didn't ban or enforce the hijab. He pointed that the loss of woman freedom was laughable.

Maybe you can learn a thing or two about Nasser, Islam and French laws before commenting.
The hijab is to be worn in public lol not private that would be pointless… you do know why they wear it right?

Yes as did Gaddafi, senior Assad and other relics of the past, this doesn’t make them good people? I didn’t say he did I was just pointing out that Arab/muslim leaders have been on both sides of the coin and isn’t a good thing. So I really don’t get why I should be taking advice from a known dictator….

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
The hijab is to be worn in public lol not private that would be pointless… you do know why they wear it right?

Yes as did Gaddafi, senior Assad and other relics of the past, this doesn’t make them good people? I didn’t say he did I was just pointing out that Arab/muslim leaders have been on both sides of the coin and isn’t a good thing. So I really don’t get why I should be taking advice from a known dictator….
Why would it be pointless? Tell me exactly?

Did I say Nasser was a "good people"? I would like to you to realize that when he stepped down, demonstrations all over the country asked for his comeback. Not exactly your fit of terrorising dictator you're trying to depict.

And again it wasn't about advice. It's about radical Islam.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
This back and forth is like two brain damaged leopard seals humping an ocean buoy to see who gets to claim the Great Pacific garbage patch as their own.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Why would it be pointless? Tell me exactly?

Did I say Nasser was a "good people"? I would like to you to realize that when he stepped down, demonstrations all over the country asked for his comeback. Not exactly your fit of terrorising dictator you're trying to depict.

And again it wasn't about advice. It's about radical Islam.
Becuase the hijab is worn by a Muslim women in front of men who aren’t related to her. Dad, sons, brothers, uncles she wouldn’t need to wear it in front of them. So in private the hijab isn’t worn unless it’s in the presence of a man who is of no relation. I legitimately am surprised I have to explain this.

And lool. Many dictators/ fascists had a lot of support of the years how does that mean anything? This doesn’t mean they aren’t dictators….

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Becuase the hijab is worn by a Muslim women in front of men who aren’t related to her. Dad, sons, brothers, uncles she wouldn’t need to wear it in front of them. So in private the hijab isn’t worn unless it’s in the presence of a man who is of no relation. I legitimately am surprised I have to explain this.

And lool. Many dictators/ fascists had a lot of support of the years how does that mean anything? This doesn’t mean they aren’t dictators….
So please explain why the Coran forces this? Go ahead.

It means reducing Nasser to a dictator is extremely ignorant.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
So please explain why the Coran forces this? Go ahead.

It means reducing Nasser to a dictator is extremely ignorant.
What the hell is a coran?

It really isn’t. Gaddafi, Assad, Khomeini all had popular support. As did Hitler and Benito.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
There is not a sinless country or culture on Earth. Argentina and France are both wrong but at different time periods in human history. Both face issues as of today, trying to get into this "Your country is more evil than mine" debate will go nowhere. I suggest the biggest realisation is the fact that there will always be someone repressed in every nation for some reason.

Reactions: Peen

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What the hell is a coran?

It really isn’t. Gaddafi, Assad, Khomeini all had popular support. As did Hitler and Benito.
Yes it does.
Coran = quran
French phone

There is not a sinless country or culture on Earth. Argentina and France are both wrong but at different time periods in human history. Both face issues as of today, trying to get into this "Your country is more evil than mine" debate will go nowhere. I suggest the biggest realisation is the fact that there will always be someone repressed in every nation for some reason.
Nobody's done that.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there

Just wear a motocycle helmet and a thick raincoat in public, problem solved and same purpose achieved. Unless of course the clothing has to be of exact type and style as a SIGN of religion, which is against the law in France as Evilo mentioned.

Reactions: Evilo

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

No one is trying to do that. I saw it earlier but shrugged it off. You can’t quantify racism…
Yes it does.
Coran = quran
French phone

Nobody's done that.
I’m no Islamic scholar but it’s to protect their modesty.

Just wear a motocycle helmet and a thick raincoat in public, problem solved and same purpose achieved. Unless of course the clothing has to be of exact type and style as a SIGN of religion, which is against the law in France as Evilo mentioned.
Or better yet they can wear what they like?

Anyway this has gotten way off course. I am reminded why it’s better to just keep it footy. The sins of others is easier to acknowledge than our own. This will always be the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad