2024 Copa América

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Honestly, the venues in Canada are all crap for the World Cup.
Nah, BC Place is great.

As for BMO, well one stadium has to be the worst at each World Cup...and if you go back a few World Cups, it's pretty easy to find stadiums worse than BMO.

Well, the U.S. could easily have hosted this on its own, no? I mean there's arguably like 50 stadiums in the U.S. easily that could host a World Cup game and meet all the criteria. I don't remember the exact circumstances that got Canada and Mexico in on it. I assume it was just a politics thing.
You don't grow the game by playing in all the games in one country. That's the reason they are playing games in 3 countries.

Mexico has some iconic stadiums that are just as good as many in the US for the World Cup.

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
Well, that was a soccer match alright, between two international teams (can I have the 3 hours back?).
Because the Euros we're just one barn burner after another? lol
I’ll share thoughts much much later as it’s so late it’s early here… but this team doesn’t concede goals. Lisandro, Emi and Cuti are just too good together.
100% Hell, if it wasn't for Paredes's defense, that goal would have never happened. On to the finalissima!

Reactions: Bexlyspeed

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Nothing new from him.

Quite laughable when you consider :
1/ he's himself coming from a migrating family
2/ Argentina has welcomed with open arms all those German SS... I guess as long as you're white..
Proper Chels

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Nothing new from him.

Quite laughable when you consider :
1/ he's himself coming from a migrating family
2/ Argentina has welcomed with open arms all those German SS... I guess as long as you're white..

1) He was trying to hand a shirt to a River Plate fan, he's a River Plate boy.

2) You realize that Enzo Fernandez and his other Argentinian players, play for Argentina...do you know the history of Argentina and it's African-Argentine population?

The fact that people are outraged by a song, and haven't blinked an eye the last 150 years while Argentina has systematically all but wiped out his black population, says a lot.

in 2024, not shocking.

Let's ignore the mass ethnic genocide being encouraged by the Argentine government and population and let's get outraged at a chant being sung by drunk players.

SMDH

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

2) You realize that Enzo Fernandez and his other Argentinian players, play for Argentina...do you know the history of Argentina and it's African-Argentine population?

The fact that people are outraged by a song, and haven't blinked an eye the last 150 years while Argentina has systematically all but wiped out his black population, says a lot.

in 2024, not shocking.

Let's ignore the mass ethnic genocide being encouraged by the Argentine government and population and let's get outraged at a chant being sung by drunk players.

SMDH

So you are mad people are getting outraged at a chant, Although people getting mad at the chant would probably make people more aware of what’s going on in Argentina? And you say we shouldn’t ignore it? You are contradicting yourself. Make up your mind.

Enzo club teammates are pretty outraged themselves about it, so it’s it just a strangers on a message board thing.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
So you are mad people are getting outraged at a chant, Although people getting mad at the chant would probably make people more aware of what’s going on in Argentina? And you say we shouldn’t ignore it? You are contradicting yourself. Make up your mind.

Enzo club teammates are pretty outraged themselves about it, so it’s it just a strangers on a message board thing.
First off, no one is mad lol I just find it very typical, amused more than anything.

Ignore mass genocide and the systematic cleansing of ethnicity, focus on things like chants that do nothing but offend sensitivities.

Man please. This is virtue signalling at its most disgusting level.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: luiginb

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
absolutely absolutely vile. and, to @417's point, not particularly surprising. argentina is a country with an extreme and overt history of white supremacy. i am fully unsurprised that their players would spew hate about the racial composition of the french national team.

to the immediate of enzo, chelsea have six french players of african descent (nkunku, fofana, gusto, badiashile, disasi, ugochukwu). fofana has already posted about it. i have seen that both gusto and disasi have unfollowed him on social media. i am hopeful that the club will suspend him internally. this is one thing where i have slightly more hope in Boehly and BlueCo than i would in Roman

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
absolutely absolutely vile. and, to @417's point, not particularly surprising. argentina is a country with an extreme and overt history of white supremacy. i am fully unsurprised that their players would spew hate about the racial composition of the french national team.

to the immediate of enzo, chelsea have six french players of african descent (nkunku, fofana, gusto, badiashile, disasi, ugochukwu). fofana has already posted about it. i have seen that both gusto and disasi have unfollowed him on social media. i am hopeful that the club will suspend him internally. this is one thing where i have slightly more hope in Boehly and BlueCo than i would in Roman
Heres the thing though...if you're going to do something about this, then actually do something. Ban players from Argentine the way you've banished players from Russia. Remove them from the World Cup or Copa America.

Forcing players to apologize does absolutely nothing.

Not excusing what the Argentinian team did, but they honestly just don't know any better...that's the culture in Argentina. They find players of African descent playing for France humorous and can't understand why that happens because their own country has instituted policies for that to not ever happen.

If people are going to "virtue signal" then go all the way with it, don't half ass it with meaningless gestures of apology that don't do a god damn thing except reinforce terrible pre-conceived ideas about people.

Like, have people not noticed that Argentina is basically the only South American team that has ZERO players of African descent playing for them? Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Bolivia, Uruguay etc...all of them have players of African descent.

The Argentina team has NEVER, in their history...hello?!?!? lol

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Heres the thing though...if you're going to do something about this, then actually do something. Ban players from Argentine the way you've banished players from Russia. Remove them from the World Cup or Copa America.

Forcing players to apologize does absolutely nothing.

Not excusing what the Argentinian team did, but they honestly just don't know any better...that's the culture in Argentina. They find players of African descent playing for France humorous and can't understand why that happens because their own country has instituted policies for that to not ever happen.

If people are going to "virtue signal" then go all the way with it, don't half ass it with meaningless gestures of apology that don't do a god damn thing except reinforce terrible pre-conceived ideas about people.

Like, have people not noticed that Argentina is basically the only South American team that has ZERO players of African descent playing for them? Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Bolivia, Uruguay etc...all of them have players of African descent.

The Argentina team has NEVER, in their history...hello?!?!? lol
We weren't born yesterday dude, you're the only one virtue signaling here.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
We were already talking about everything you've mentioned here a couple years back.
So? what's that got to do with what happened with the Argentina Team and their chant from 24hrs ago!?!??!?!

Was I supposed to find those conversations from 2 years and bend time to insert that chant into that timeframe?!

Thanks for passing through my guy

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Embarrassing tournament for Colombian fans. We’re gonna have military at games in WC’26 bc these people showed that they can’t behave like mature adults. They call ratchet behavior “passion”.

Embarrassing for the Colombia FA president, too. How can a 71-year old in that position start fighting with security guards and get himself arrested. How stupid can you be?

"Miami-Dade Jail records show that Colombia Football President Ramon Jesurun Franco was arrested early Monday morning after the Copa America final in Miami, according to a report from the Miami New Times.

ESPN reported that Jesurun, 71, was accused of fighting multiple security guards at one of the stadium's tunnels used for the media at around 12:20 a.m., according to the arrest report."

Colombian Football Federation head arrested after Copa America altercation in Miami | Goal.com

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
So? what's that got to do with what happened with the Argentina Team and their chant from 24hrs ago!?!??!?!

Was I supposed to find those conversations from 2 years and bend time to insert that chant into that timeframe?!

Thanks for passing through my guy
Do you not see the irony of thanking someone for passing through when you're the one who's dropped in out of the blue to look down your nose at people saying "racist chants are bad"

Reactions: PanniniClaus

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Do you not see the irony of thanking someone for passing through when you're the one who's dropped in out of the blue to look down your nose at people saying "racist chants are bad"
Yeah, I don't regularly post in a hockey board about soccer, so freaking what?

I responded to a poster who posted a story about Enzo Fernandez ignoring black fans and I added the context.

What the hell does this have to do with whatever discussion you had on here, 2 YEARS AGO!?!?!

Also, no one looked down on anyone for saying "racist chants are bad"...if you truly participated in a conversation about Argentina and their sordid past with racism, then you fully understand why that chant is absolutely meaningless in comparison to what they've actually done over there.

YOU don't see the irony of calling out racists chants while at the same time cheering for Argentinians in the sport?? Was Enzo Fernandez not a Chelsea player BEFORE this chant? Or did he become a racist to your knowledge only after you found out about this chant? Like it's this video that was your grand awakening to the Argentinian players being rabid racists? :laugh:

Now THAT'S irony lol

Last edited:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Yeah, I don't regularly post in a hockey board about soccer, so freaking what?
So saying someone else is passing through is pretty ironic. The "so freaking what" was introduced in the first seven words of my post. Did you already forget them by the end or did you just fail to comprehend?
I responded to a poster who posted a story about Enzo Fernandez ignoring black fans and I added the context.
The context being that Argentina is a racist country and therefore people shouldn't be that upset about chants now? How edgy!
What the hell does this have to do with whatever discussion you had on here, 2 YEARS AGO!?!?!
The point is that you're calling down from your high horse to try and "add context" that doesn't need to be added because those who post here regularly understand the context already because it was discussed well in the past. You're not educating, you're pontificating.
Also, no one looked down on anyone for saying "racist chants are bad"...if you truly participated in a conversation about Argentina and their sordid past with racism, then you fully understand why that chant is absolutely meaningless in comparison to what they've actually done over there.
You're looking down your nose by haughtily discussing how people shouldn't be saying these chants are bad because other stuff in Argentina is bad. Not only are you looking down your nose, you're arguing you should cut it off just to spite your face.
YOU don't see the irony of calling out racists chants while at the same time cheering for Argentinians in the sport?? Was Enzo Fernandez not a Chelsea player BEFORE this chant? Or did he become a racist to your knowledge only after you found out about this chant?
Yes, he was a Chelsea player before this chant. I don't think anyone is questioning that other than you, nor is it at all relevant. Can you provide prior evidence of Enzo being racist that isn't just your imputation of being racist because Argentina is a racist country? To be clear, no one is saying that Enzo just today became racist because he posted this chant, people are learning of his racism. The point there being that you do not automatically assume someone is racist because of where they are from. Is every individual in a country inherently guilty of their country's worst actions? Are you racist simply because you're Canadian? I would argue that assuming someone's personal beliefs solely based on their nationality is rather bigoted in and of itself.
Now THAT'S irony lol
Please explain how any of what you said was ironic. Actually, don't, because your posts have bounced around more than a Superball coated in Flubber.

Reactions: Tony Romo

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
So saying someone else is passing through is pretty ironic. The "so freaking what" was introduced in the first seven words of my post. Did you already forget them by the end or did you just fail to comprehend?
But HE made the comment that this was discussed here 2 years ago!?!?! lol

How the hell was I supposed to know that you guys discussed 2 years ago, an event that happened 24hrs ago!?!?!

It doesn't even make sense lol

I do find it fascinating though that 2 years ago, you and others were in this thread, discussing that 2 years later, in July 2024, Enzo Fernandez and the Argentina Team would release a song poking fun of French players and their African descent after winning the Copa America.

Twilight zone up in here, I should visit more often.

Go Blues! lol
The context being that Argentina is a racist country and therefore people shouldn't be that upset about chants now? How edgy!

The point is that you're calling down from your high horse to try and "add context" that doesn't need to be added because those who post here regularly understand the context already because it was discussed well in the past. You're not educating, you're pontificating.
I was responding to a SPECIFIC poster, who made a SPECIFIC post.

If my "pontificating" didn't apply to you, then why do you feel like I was talking about you??

Additionally, no one actually said you shouldn't be upset, what I said was that if THAT gets you upset and not more actual life impacting events like say, I don't know...ethnic cleansing, then you're just virtue signalling. You actually don't care about racism, you care about the illusion of caring about it.

Kind of like the French Football Federation tweeting out that it's dissatisfaction at the Argentine National Team's chant.

I mean, what's next, the Belgian National Team weighing in too?!>!:laugh:
You're looking down your nose by haughtily discussing how people shouldn't be saying these chants are bad because other stuff in Argentina is bad. Not only are you looking down your nose, you're arguing you should cut it off just to spite your face.
Not "people"...again.

I responded to a SPECIFIC poster who made a SPECIFIC post.
Yes, he was a Chelsea player before this chant. I don't think anyone is questioning that other than you, nor is it at all relevant. Can you provide prior evidence of Enzo being racist that isn't just your imputation of being racist because Argentina is a racist country? Is every individual in a country inherently guilty of their country's worst actions? Are you racist simply because you're Canadian?
Ahhh we're finally getting somewhere.

I couldn't give a damn about this chant, but conversely, since you asked is every individual in a country inherently guilty of their country's worst actions, is Enzo Fernandez and his teammates racist because they sang a song where they pointed out that some players on the French National team have parents who are born in African countries?

Hmmm...there's that irony again lol
Please explain how any of what you said was ironic. Actually, don't, because your posts have bounced around more than a Superball coated in Flubber.
Sigh lol you are lost.

I said what YOU said was ironic. This is clearly over your head, wish I could dumb it down, but I can't.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

in 2024, not shocking.

SMDH
Oh I know and agree. Doesn't mean Enzo should be proud of it.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Need the board Argentine to weigh in. I’m sure there’s much to add.
Yeah, would love for him/her to weigh in.

Because I personally don't think there was any racist intent in them signing that song. I don't think they willfully thought, let's make fun of African players on the French National Team.

It's just a cultural thing, not up for me to say whether that's right or wrong, but personally, as a person of color. I'm not offended at all (just speak for myself here).

Just like I don't presume all people from Argentina are racist, I don't presume this song was done with malicious intent either.

Oh I know and agree. Doesn't mean Enzo should be proud of it.
I think Enzo and his other Argentina teammates probably had an awakening and realize that are things, that may be acceptable and harmless in your own culture, that affect other people sensibilities.

But once again, given we're talking about Argentina (and I say this with as much respect as I can), is this shocking?

No lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad