Prospect Info: 2024 Boston Bruins Development Camp Media Guide and Roster

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
So Malkoc, Yopyk and MacKay all *might* spend time scouting the W, but it doesn't look like any of them do it full time? That seems CRAZY to me. There's no salary cap on scouting
I'm not sure if scouts think it's that great of a hockey hub anymore. Only one pick in the first two rounds (Gridin will play this year however) and 3 in round 3.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
So Malkoc, Yopyk and MacKay all *might* spend time scouting the W, but it doesn't look like any of them do it full time? That seems CRAZY to me. There's no salary cap on scouting
So not knowing that league are we missing out by not having a bigger presents?

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
@DominicT do you see a log jam at forward in the organization coming up in say 2 years? I'm already assuming Poitras and Lysell are regulars by then btw.

I have to think they like Freddy, Geekie, Brazeau, Beecher. That leaves Marchand (age out), Kastelic, and Max Jones as maybe the guys that quality prospects could displace eventually? Nice problem to have.

And it may be even more true on the blueline, where these 6 could be here for a long time. Maybe only Peeke's spot eventually opens?

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
@DominicT do you see a log jam at forward in the organization coming up in say 2 years? I'm already assuming Poitras and Lysell are regulars by then btw.

I have to think they like Freddy, Geekie, Brazeau, Beecher. That leaves Marchand (age out), Kastelic, and Max Jones as maybe the guys that quality prospects could displace eventually? Nice problem to have.

And it may be even more true on the blueline, where these 6 could be here for a long time. Maybe only Peeke's spot eventually opens?

You can never have enough, as the future is always hard to predict. Injuries, poor play, life happens and suddenly you're hoping the hotshot prospect in the minors is ready. Zadarov could end up being a complete flake after his big pay day. Lohrei could be a flash in the pan. Lindholm might get a knee injury and never be the same.

I really like Pelosi and Hendrickson and hope they force the issue in a couple of years. I hope Lysell does it this year. As you said, having options is a good problem to have.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

I try not to put too much emphasis on a single event like development camp. But the fact is that the vast majority that took to the ice will never see NHL ice again unless they attend another camp.

I have made no secret that Trevor Kuntar may be the guy to surprise at training camp and it would not surprise me if he made the team. However, now he is blocked.

And I was asked about it on a podcast last week, when I was told that it was Riley Duran that stood out and he made the same case about Duran as I did about Kuntar.

My response was simple: I'm sorry, I must have missed where Kuntar was at development camp.

That's why you need a large body of work and not just this camp.

But again, most of these players will never reach the tunnel. Once upon a time, Jake Schmaltz was highly touted here. And this prospect pool is full of players like him.

Just trying to give an honest take.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Is there any way that people who post links that you need to subscribe to can post the article or is that illegal?

Happens with the athletic all the time
Athletic's worth the money and the Globe (like most regional newspapers) is desperate to survive.

These were the 8 takeaways.

Letourneau showcases potential​

Jellvik might be most slept-on​

Duran ahead of schedule​

Slow and steady for Poitras​

Lysell ready for the next step? (Mougenel's a big fan)​

Plenty of heft on the roster​

The next jump? (Jellvik made the biggest strides)​

Odds and ends​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events