Prospect Info: 2024 Boston Bruins Development Camp Media Guide and Roster

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Poitras to Globe’s Connor Ryan

“I feel a bit stronger…..I want to be able to win those one-on-one battles because I’m a guy who likes to have the puck up in the zone.’

So i think this year is just going in a little bit bigger, a little bit stronger, kind of choose my spots a bit more- because sometimes I’d take some big hits that aren’t necessary and kind of hurt me, and maybe that’s why I didn’t get a chance to finish the season.’

Exactly what you want to hear

2024-25

Body : stronger, added 8-9 lbs muscle

Mind : different approach regarding both when and how to battle gain pucks or ice

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I can't tell you how relieved I am to hear this news.
Poitras, all around ability is not the concern, I do not think there is anyone doubting that, but have my doubts he is ready to handle a full NHL season, and my other question is how the shoulder is. My opinion should start off in the AHL, but I know that will not be a popular opinion.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Poitras, all around ability is not the concern, I do not think there is anyone doubting that, but have my doubts he is ready to handle a full NHL season, and my other question is how the shoulder is. My opinion should start off in the AHL, but I know that will not be a popular opinion.

I said it above, I wouldn't be opposed to it, but unless they sign someone else, or somehow Merkulov outplays him in October, I just don't see anyway it happens

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

His shoulder and overall physical strength is my concern too. He got knocked around a lot even before the injury. And as we all know sometimes players aren't the same once they've had a major surgery.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
If Poitras earns a spot out of camp...I am not sure Bruins brass will take that opportunity away from him. We should know fairly early on if he is ready. If his conditioning is there and looks strong, wins battles and shows he is capable of evading checkers, then great. If any one of these things isn't there, PRO is where he belongs.

Last edited:

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
If Poitras earns a spot out of camp by...I am not sure Bruins brass will take that opportunity away from him. We should know fairly early on if he is ready. If his conditioning is there and looks strong, wins battles and shows he is capable of evading checkers, then great. If any one of these things isn't there, PRO is where he belongs.
I agree with what you are saying, much like last year is play earned him a spot out of camp, but will he hold up at this stage of his career.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I share your opinion. I think he spends some time with Providence to start the year. Isn't a knock on him by any means. I'm sure we will have posters flipping their shit if he does start there.

Reactions: Ladyfan and BMC

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I share your opinion. I think he spends some time with Providence to start the year. Isn't a knock on him by any means. I'm sure we will have posters flipping their shit if he does start there.
HAHA......ok you take on half of them and will get the other half.

• Love
Reactions: Alicat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad