Prospect Info: 2024 Blues Prospect Poll #20

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is the Blues’ #20 Prospect?

• Marc-Andre Gaudet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Samuel Johannesson

• Matvei Korotky

• Anton Malmstrom

• Matthew Mayich

• Will McIsaac

• Tomas Mrsic

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Aleksanteri Kaskimäki takes the 19th spot with 36.4% of the vote. Who will round out the top-20?

1. Dalibor Dvorsky (89.8%)
2. Jimmy Snuggerud (48.8%)
3. Theo Lindstein (73.1%)
4. Adam Jiricek (41.2%)
5. Zack Bolduc (65.2%)
6. Otto Stenberg (94.4%)
7. Juraj Pekarcik (35.5%)
8. Matt Kessel (58.8%)
9. Zach Dean (77.9%)
10. Vadim Zherenko (40.0%)
11. Lukas Fischer (39.3%)
12. Michael Buchinger (48.3%)
13. Colin Ralph (54.7%)
14. Quinton Burns (22.9%)
15. Ondrej Kos (24.4%)
16. Paul Fischer (27.3%)
17. Jakub Stancl (31.1%)
18. Nikita Susuyev (36.6%)
19. Aleksanteri Kaskimäki (36.4%)
20. ?

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
So just automatically toss him in the bin because you think he's shit. Got it.
Nah, I think he has enough talent that he merits consideration after our better prospects. Somewhere in 20s. But realistically, undersized kid who didn't take the expected steps by D+2 year is someone who isn't likely to ever become NHL regular. I would expect folks who follow prospects to understand that.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Nah, I think he has enough talent that he merits consideration after our better prospects. Somewhere in 20s. But realistically, undersized kid who didn't take the expected steps by D+2 year is someone who isn't likely to ever become NHL regular. I would expect folks who follow prospects to understand that.
He had a wrist injury and was on a mediocre team. Still 9th in the OHL in P/PG and was one of Guelph's top 2 defenseman. Also has the highest offensive ceiling of any defender on our team.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
He had a wrist injury and was on a mediocre team. Still 9th in the OHL in P/PG and was one of Guelph's top 2 defenseman. Also has the highest offensive ceiling of any defender on our team.
Does he though? He is not good in own end and his exits/transition seems to be a mess. Most defensemen his size drafted where he was don't ever make it. Only those that show real growth in key areas that he hasn't shown seem to have any success. Obviously he's still young enough to "get it", but we have deep system and feel like he has been passed by guys like Burns and Fischer, along with this year's first 3 picks. I'm not saying he CAN'T make it, just that realistically his chances of playing 100+ games in NHL are quite small. And with the depth of our system, he should be ranked in 20s.

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
So, what do we do with Paul Fischer? Remove him from the list and bump everyone selected after him up a spot? Are we also inserting Holloway/Broberg, or have they already played too many NHL games?

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
So, what do we do with Paul Fischer? Remove him from the list and bump everyone selected after him up a spot? Are we also inserting Holloway/Broberg, or have they already played too many NHL games?
Not adding either Broberg or Holloway. They’d both be considered graduated.

I’d be fine removing Paul Fisher and then just moving up the 4 guys that have come after him a spot and continuing from there. So this poll would really be for spot 19. That work for folks?

Drubilly

Sep 23, 2018
Collinsville

I’d be fine removing Paul Fisher and then just moving up the 4 guys that have come after him a spot and continuing from there. So this poll would really be for spot 19. That work for folks?
Works for me. I'm riding Simon all the way to pick #47 if I havtuh! Dammit

Reactions: PerryTurnbullfan

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN

Actually I think neither guy is graduated by the traditional HF definition we’ve used in past years. But they will be by the time the next set of polls comes around.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri

1724183208136.png

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Does he though? He is not good in own end and his exits/transition seems to be a mess. Most defensemen his size drafted where he was don't ever make it. Only those that show real growth in key areas that he hasn't shown seem to have any success. Obviously he's still young enough to "get it", but we have deep system and feel like he has been passed by guys like Burns and Fischer, along with this year's first 3 picks. I'm not saying he CAN'T make it, just that realistically his chances of playing 100+ games in NHL are quite small. And with the depth of our system, he should be ranked in 20s.
Literally nobody selected after him in the polls has a good chance to play 100+ games of quality NHL hockey. Some might be dime a dozen 4th liners or 7th Dmen, but nothing really special. Buchinger at least has a skill set that if he hits he’s going to be a true impact player.

Reactions: Linkens Mastery
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad