GDT: 2024 Blues Draft Day Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Excited for day 2. My guess is Army finds a player he really likes and moves the spare 2nd and/or 3rd to go get him. Highly doubt we make 4 picks in the next two rounds. Army seems more focused on quality rather than quantity.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Is it a potential home run though? Even the best case emphasized his stay at home potential vs any real 2 way defensive capability. Best case scenario does he ever become better than Parayko?
Likely not a 1st overall caliber home run but a home run given we’re talking about pick 16? Yeah, it’s possible. How likely totally depends on how well he bounces back from the knee surgery.

Parayko is a beast defensively but severely lacking in terms of transition, outlets, entries etc. From what I’ve seen, that’s a strength for Jiricek.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I tried telling ppl that this was a lot like 2021 when we were like "Maybe Sillinger/Coronato/etc" can drop and then they all went relatively in order. The top tier IMO was the top 6 defensemen and the top 7 forwards. Only Luchanko going before Helenius was slightly out of order for me. Solberg was there, but I was lower on him than most. People went a little crazy pushing him up boards as a late riser. Some even had him top 8. But we were always going to be picking in that 2nd tier of talent in MBN, Connelly, Eiserman, Boisvert, etc.

Just a tough spot to be in. We won too many games. Crazy the difference between picking Dickinson, Buium, Helenius and the like came down to a few meaningless games.

The Blues just needed to tank one year. Imagine a top 5 pick and trading Buchnevich at the least.

Just my opinion but I think the Blues goofed. They were never going to be a contender. It’s not like Army had to publicly say he wants the Blues to tank for one year. He could have made decisions that helped that outcome.

Oh well. I still think Buchnevich gets traded at the next deadline. I will be very surprised to see Army sign him to a long term deal.

Reactions: Celtic Note

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
The Blues just needed to tank one year. Imagine a top 5 pick and trading Buchnevich at the least.

Just my opinion but I think the Blues goofed. They were never going to be a contender. It’s not like Army had to publicly say he wants the Blues to tank for one year. He could have made decisions that helped that outcome.

Oh well. I still think Buchnevich gets traded at the next deadline. I will be very surprised to see Army sign him to a long term deal.
Not sure this was the year to do it.
None of the D men in this draft scream "sure fire legit #1 D man".
They all had warts.

As opposed to next year with Logan Hensler.

Reactions: Snubbed4Vezina

Ad

Upcoming events

• Portugal vs Slovenia
    KNOCKOUT Portugal vs Slovenia
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $28,564.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1